Bows / Crossbows

For the posting of questions and information on equipment usable by the Realm of Darkon.
Gimzod

Bows / Crossbows

Post by Gimzod » 2014-03-01

Hey guys,

Old Waaaagh! member coming back to Darkon. Made a new tabard in celebration of the fact, made sure my other stuff was up to par and not painful to stab myself with. Figured I'd go ahead and ask the following question:

Any recommendations on where to get a bow or a crossbow that isn't modern looking that would abide by the Darkon rules of 10-40 lbs, and would someone be willing to run me through proper arrow construction? Figured since the rulebook suggests talking to a veteran about it, may as well see if I can some response in forum.

Thanks ahead of time!
Gimzod
Gimzod
"Smart Boy" of WAAAGH! Gutzmangul
Kommando / Stormboy
Blessed of Mork (aka "Mad")

Gimzod

Re: Bows / Crossbows

Post by Gimzod » 2014-03-03

At this point, I guess I just need arrow construction tips, as I got a decent bow that fits the requirements of Darkon's rules. Are there people that are willing to run a new archer through the steps? Just seems like a good idea so I have a better chance of figuring that out, though I figure I could ask a weapon marshal at the next event as well.
Gimzod
"Smart Boy" of WAAAGH! Gutzmangul
Kommando / Stormboy
Blessed of Mork (aka "Mad")

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: Bows / Crossbows

Post by fingers630 » 2014-03-04

Internet is good place for bows, or Yard Sales/Flea markets. As far as arrow construction, Halcon of Northern Kingdoms makes a good arrow. You can also ask any Archer you see how they got their arrows.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People