Arrows

For the posting of questions and information on equipment usable by the Realm of Darkon.
someone

Arrows

Post by someone » 2013-05-03

I have been planning on throwing together some arrows for this summer and I was wondering if ensolite tipped arrows will pass, and if so how thick should the ensolite be? If not what would people recommend(preferably something I can have a sheet of shipped to my door).

Havoc
Squire of the Realm

Re: Arrows

Post by Havoc » 2013-05-04

Ensolite is far too dense for a an arrow tip, open cell of some sort is required.

That being said, build a couple test it and bring it in.

someone

Post by someone » 2013-05-04

I would but I am not from the area and only make it out a few times a year.

BaiterofBAMC
Darkonian

Post by BaiterofBAMC » 2013-05-08

Not knowing who you are or what unit you are with, Darkon has a pretty long wait period for new archers (10 events) if I remember correctly. Assuming that you are past that time. You could feasibly make an ensolite tipped arrow with at least 1.5" of tip and it might pass. Using Unifoam which is a firmer open cell foam tends to get better results.

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2013-05-13

BaiterofBAMC wrote:Not knowing who you are or what unit you are with, Darkon has a pretty long wait period for new archers (10 events) if I remember correctly. Assuming that you are past that time. You could feasibly make an ensolite tipped arrow with at least 1.5" of tip and it might pass. Using Unifoam which is a firmer open cell foam tends to get better results.

Also, to quote from the rulebook:

As arrows are one of the hardest Darkon weapons to make safely, new archers are strongly encouraged to speak to a veteran with arrow construction experience before attempting to construct any arrows on their own.

I suggest speaking in person with an experienced foam-fletcher, even if you can't make it out here that often. I'd much rather see you have to wait for safe arrows than show up with a dozen failed ones.

If money isn't as much of a factor, you can also buy 'em from someone experienced, like Halcon. He's posted his rates & such on the Darkon Facebook group before.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014