Dagorhir practice in the Baltimore area

For discussing/announcing other foam fighting groups, events and practices
Warwyck

Dagorhir practice in the Baltimore area

Post by Warwyck » 2012-02-07

(I was going to post this on the tuesday practice fourms, but I couldn't find a place to put it)

I've been wanting to have a Baltimore area Dagorhir practice for awhile now. We use to to have Templar practice, which was excellent because we had the Templars, Dragon Hood and No Quater all in one practice. Although you had to pay $2 to get in everytime, so the guests stop coming and the practice host later on became busy. So I'm going to attempt to get a practice going like the one we use to have. My first choice for a park is Rockburn park in Elkridge. I'm going to call them and scope out the park for a good practice spot. If I don't find one, then I'll keep park hunting. My two choices for practice days are thursday and saturday. Feel free to post input, questions, feedback etc.

~W

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Re: Dagorhir practice in the Baltimore area

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-02-07

Warwyck wrote:(I was going to post this on the tuesday practice fourms, but I couldn't find a place to put it)

I've been wanting to have a Baltimore area Dagorhir practice for awhile now. We use to to have Templar practice, which was excellent because we had the Templars, Dragon Hood and No Quater all in one practice. Although you had to pay $2 to get in everytime, so the guests stop coming and the practice host later on became busy. So I'm going to attempt to get a practice going like the one we use to have. My first choice for a park is Rockburn park in Elkridge. I'm going to call them and scope out the park for a good practice spot. If I don't find one, then I'll keep park hunting. My two choices for practice days are thursday and saturday. Feel free to post input, questions, feedback etc.

~W

Why not go to Tuesday Practice?? All those guys are there and its pretty close.

I have no opinion one way or another as I don't go to any :mrgreen:
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-02-07

He wants a strictly Dag practice, since Tuesday is a combined rule set. He gets uppity with black sword rules lol.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Warwyck

Post by Warwyck » 2012-02-07

haha, I use to care about that about that but not anymore. For the record I was only really uppity about it one time lol. Playing with about one D-kon rule is a small price to pay to fight at tuesday practice. I go to tuesday practice basically every week. I wanna create a practice because I want to fight more than just once a week at tuesday practice and some times guard practice which is mostly newbies. Dagorhir is my favorite game, so I think its natural to make my practice Dagorhir only.

~W

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-02-07

Warwyck wrote:haha, I use to care about that about that but not anymore. For the record I was only really uppity about it one time lol. Playing with about one D-kon rule is a small price to pay to fight at tuesday practice. I go to tuesday practice basically every week. I wanna create a practice because I want to fight more than just once a week at tuesday practice and some times guard practice which is mostly newbies. Dagorhir is my favorite game, so I think its natural to make my practice Dagorhir only.

~W

Cool. Was just curious.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-02-08

If you disallow flails you might get more interest ;)
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2012-02-08

I would be able to attend on thursday or saturday after 4pm. I have recently started a sun - wed nightshift schedule and now don't have time to attend much of anything.
I don't care what ruleset we use so long as I get to swing a sword ;)

Warwyck

Post by Warwyck » 2012-02-15

No can do, I don't have a bias against flails lol.

Shroom: Ok, the Templars will actually be having a saturday practice (from 12-4?) when it gets warmer. When It gets lighter I might have a thursday practice. I'll post if I get something going.