Taurendor Stickjock Summer! (DAGORHIR)

For discussing/announcing other foam fighting groups, events and practices
Devaryn

Taurendor Stickjock Summer! (DAGORHIR)

Post by Devaryn » 2012-07-10

For our friends in Darkon who asked me to post updates here (THRUSH!), this one is a little super late notice, but there will be more of this every month. Copied directly from the realm page on Facebook:

Taurendor Stickjock Summer
Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kingdom of Crowns - Taurendor Province - Northeast Philadelphia, Pine Rd & Pennypack Trail (Or try to use the address of 8500 Pine Road, Philadelphia, PA 19115)

11:00am - Sign-in & Weapons Check ($3 per person, first-timers are free)
12:00pm - Fighting!

Join us for some more of the fast, intense, hard-hitting action that you've come to know and love from fighting in Taurendor. We'll be doing some of the favorites in recent history, namely the zerg rush/castle bombing run, the roving holy point (Vatican) battle, some capture the flag, and if there's no bees this time, perhaps some fort stuff too.

Bring lots of water, and hydrate as necessary. We will be calling breaks between scenarios, but as many of you already know, we focus on keeping the action going, so they will be appropriately timed (5-10 minutes tops), and multiple fights of the same scenario will have just enough of a break to get up, grab your gear, and catch your breath before the lay on. Expect to leave exhausted and soaked, and hopefully with some epic fighting stories to tell.

Since it's such late notice (sorry about that), I should probably mention that there will also be a battle around Wilmington, DE, on August 11th, which will also include a feast. My squire is running it, and it should be a damned good time.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: Taurendor Stickjock Summer! (DAGORHIR)

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-07-11

If you don't already have anything scheduled, these guys run a seriously awesome event only an hour and a half north of Bmore. It is VERY worth your time! Great people, better fighting. I'm looking to hit up the August event, but, real life comes first sadly.

Dev, you ever gonna come play in our neck of the woods?

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-07-11

Seriously. I'll invite you and Glaum down for the next super dork weekend.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Devaryn

Post by Devaryn » 2012-07-11

Let me know when the next big events are, and we'll try our best to make an excursion! We also have Solusar living with us now too.

Pushing for the August battle of ours in Delaware would be awesome, Thrush. I'll have Surg write up something for it and I'll post it ASAP.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-07-12

Devaryn wrote:Let me know when the next big events are, and we'll try our best to make an excursion! We also have Solusar living with us now too.

http://www.darkon.org/events.html

Campouts are as close to "big events" as we do. It would be THE place for you to mingle and meet some peops... You'd be welcome to fight with the King's Forces.

Also, bring Solusar, he's my favorite midget inkie. He can show the Darkon drow how to wear makeup again. lulz Also I can tell him how lame grindcore is.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

erum90

Post by erum90 » 2013-11-02

The people of greece have ceased prayer to their gods. Their lands are arid, their children dying, no amount of sacrifice will bring the rains down.
erum