Another New Comer!

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
rhalissa_the_axe

Another New Comer!

Post by rhalissa_the_axe » 2013-10-19

I have been a fan of LARPing since I was a child but have never been able to go to any actual LARP events, noww that I am 18 and out of high school I decided its a wonderful time to start! I thought that I might as well introduce myself while I was at it.
I'm from Northern VA, and would actually prefer to meet a small group of LARPer before I dive head in to a large event. So if anyone is interested in giving a newbie some pointers feel free to tell me and when your group usually meets? I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thank you all!
Rhalissa
Courage is found in unlikely places.

Magistrate

Re: Another New Comer!

Post by Magistrate » 2013-10-19

Again greetings Rhalissa. depending on what part of northern VA you are from there are many here that living in that area or close to it. Many of these people will be happy to help get your feet wet in what we do. If you provide a area code then it will better help to get you in touch with people specific to where you are. If you like send it in a personal mail if you do not want it public. I know about 7 countries have people located near to your area in one way or another... also check the facebook darkon page many practices are listed there if you look threw it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/darkongroup/

again welcome to Darkon,
Cailen

rhalissa_the_axe

Post by rhalissa_the_axe » 2013-10-19

Greetings to you as well Magistrate.

Thank you so much for your very helpful feedback, I appreciate it immensely. Not often do I join in a community and get as much help as I have gotten here. I will send you a private message and hopefully you can point me towards some near by countries that can help me get started.
I cant wait to start meeting everyone in person and become a true Darkonian!

Zentor

Post by Zentor » 2013-10-21

Howdy!

Minathlan is a country that is mostly based in Virginia. We have get-togethers for weapon making and such in Manassass. Send a message on Face book to Aethilgar, the country leader: https://www.facebook.com/aethilgar.sheldwich

rhalissa_the_axe

Post by rhalissa_the_axe » 2013-10-21

Thank you Zentor,
I'll do that now.