November 3rd Battle

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

November 3rd Battle

Post by fingers630 » 2013-10-25

I will require 4 elders for the event on Sunday Nov 3, and Lanham and I would like assistance in the form of ready and willing to fight monsters to speed through land searches.

Countries bring out your elder tunics, as you will ALL get the opportunity to assist the game in stepping up as an Elder for a portion of the event.

While you are at it, bring out your battle flags. No not the decoration flags you hang in your camp with a big "Do not steal me" sign on it. I mean the safe to be carried on the field flag representation of your country's symbol, which is lootable and should be defended with your last breath.

Rough Schedule of Event:

11:45- Sir Kai and Sir Tyriel will be hosting a sword fighting instructional seminar. All are welcome to attend

12pm- 1pm- Check in. Please be sure to have your weapons, armor, and spells (books/components) checked

1pm- Two Teams. Thrush and Cas will be hollaring for you to get your ass on the field to smack each other with sticks.

1:15pm- Land Searches. If you are scheduled to have a land search on 11/3, see Sir Cort of Ched BEFORE 1pm. Get your encounter straightened out, and get your * prepped. We will NOT be waiting 10min for you to get ready when it is your turn. You will be skipped. Get your * together people as a courtesy to those who volunteer for LM positions instead of fighting.

2pm- Hopefully Land Stuff will be done at this point and I will require the assistance of a couple elders at this time. I wish to run a couple of variations of the typical 2 team darkon toilet bowl battle formation. These will involve such twists as "The Old Guys vs The Youngins", "Everybody Hates Fighters", and "Red vs Blue: Capture the Flag"

The first 2 scenarios are pretty straight forward. In Old vs Young, we will divide the teams up according to how many years you have been playing darkon, with a start of 10+ vs 9 or less, and balance accordingly. Relics will be spread out in the area between the groups BETWEEN each lay on.

In "Everybody Hates Fighters", everyone playing as a "Fighter" for the day will line up on 1 side of the field. Every other class will line up on the other.

Finally in the RvB CTF scenario, team will be divided by countries to be as even as possible. Each team will then be given a flag and an elder to act as their resurrection point for the battle. If I have enough armbands left over from last time, I will bring them out to dispense to the teams to make it easier to recognize your foe.

The flag MUST be kept with a person at all times. If that person is killed, they immediately drop the flag to the ground where they die. Banners may NOT be used to fight with or block shots, however the bearer may fight with the banner in 1 hand, and a weapon in the other. You may hide the banner behind a shield as long as you do so in a responsible fashion, that prevents any injury from happening (ie dont put it behind a buckler and then throw the buckler up in someones face).

The object is to capture the other teams flag, bring it back to your teams elder, and turn it in.
Also at some point, the rez point will close (note however clerics can still rez people).

Finally, we will have intermitten "Country Battles" wherein you will fight with your banner on the field. Once your banner is taken and your force killed, your team is eliminated. This fight will last until there is 1 country remaining. There are NO alliances allowed for this battle and all combatants are encouraged to roleplay extreme hatred of the other countries. Any country hanging back and "waiting' will be given 1 warning by an elder to commence battle. If the elder is forced to encourage them a second time, the offending unit will be eliminated and mocked by Thrush for being pansies.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: November 3rd Battle

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-10-25

* love it! Thanks Fingers.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-10-25

Awesome! Wish I could fight but I think it safest to take one more event off to heal.

I will, however, be available to elder.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Gor Bloodclaw

Post by Gor Bloodclaw » 2013-10-25

I can help. Either for land searches or eldering
Gor Bloodclaw
-Hersir and Jarl of Asaheim
- Sword/Board Champion 2011
- 5-man Teams Fall 2013

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-10-25

Fingers, note that some countries should have 2 land searches this event, as we withheld them last event, as we did not have consent from the Land Marshall to run them without him... and now we do... so yea.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-10-25

Not a problem. Lanham is trying to get the list of countries and order of fights from Cog who is MIA I believe and if we get them in time, he will post. That way people that know they are fighting first can be ready to go. The fights themselves usually only take a few min each unless something very odd is rolled up.

The key factor is volunteers to help elder/monster. With those in place, we will fly through them and get to the fighting!

If anyone can get a hold of Cog, please have him contact Lanham with the countries so we can get the ball rolling.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2013-10-29

If you need directions to Lee Park the schedule on the website now has it:

http://www.darkon.org/events.html
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum