POLL: How do you use Darkon if you show up?

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon

How do you use Darkon if you show up?

I show up to almost all Darkon events every year and try to fight as long as I am phycially able each day. I am on the field for over 80% of the time I am at a Darkon event. I do not come to Darkon to socialize.
33%
I show up to almost all Darkon events every year and am on the field more than 50% of the time I am at a Darkon event. I dabble in socializing.
29%
I show up to almost all Darkon events every year and am on the field less than 50% of the time I am at a Darkon event. I like socializing.
5%
I show up to almost all Darkon events every year and am on the field less than 50% of the time I am at a Darkon event. I am a permanent senator of my country.
14%
I show up to almost all Darkon events every year and am on the field less than 25% of the time I am at a Darkon event. I don't really care about fighting, I do it some, but I'm there to see my friends.
No votes
I show up to almost all Darkon events every year and do not fight. I like socializing.
No votes
I show up to less than 50% of the events per year, and only to fight.
14%
I show up to less than 50% of the events per year, and fight some and socialize some.
5%
I show up to less than 50% of the events per year, and do not, or barely fight at all.
No votes

Total votes: 21

Thrush Svartehjertet

POLL: How do you use Darkon if you show up?

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-11-21

Please see above poll and chose which answer best describes you. Thanks. My goal is to become the Jack Hanna of Darkonians in case you are wondering.... :lol:

Thrush
berserk

PS: if you can spread the word of these polls, I'd appreciate it. I am going to use what (if anything) I learn to try to help better run events to maximize the fun of the people who pay dollars to play Darkon. This is not me trying to find a new and exciting way to be sad about how little people fight anymore.
Last edited by Thrush Svartehjertet on 2013-11-26, edited 1 time in total.
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Kobalos

Re: How do you use Darkon if you show up?

Post by Kobalos » 2013-11-22

I actually used the "...and am on the field less than 50% of the time I am at a Darkon event. I am a permanent senator of my country" option. While I'm not a senator, I am a poofy noble who spends a fair amount of time supporting the game through eldering/marshaling, helping with ring fights (Thrush's favorite part of Darkon), etc.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Barbarian Bonnie

Post by Barbarian Bonnie » 2013-11-22

There needs to be an extra option for Darkonians that like to fight all the time and socialize. Some might even consider that fighting=socializing.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-11-22

socializing = sideline time, not being part of the fights. I figured that was clear... But we could just be obtuse... Yeah, Kobalos, you chose correctly... I figured nobles would get it.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-11-26

So if this poll is accurate, the small group of us who use these boards are the slightly more serious Darkon players... Go fig.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild