The Search for Maelstrom- 1/12/14

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

The Search for Maelstrom- 1/12/14

Post by fingers630 » 2013-12-18

The Nuts

Each country has the option to send 1 adventuring party to search for Maelstrom in the frozen north. This takes the place of any land action they have for this event, meaning anyone who goes on the mini adventure may not participate in a land search or land war attack that day.

You must have a lvl 3 ranger to lead your party, and this counts as land searching for that Ranger, so he may not land search the next event as per the Darkon rules.

A level 15 Ranger leading your party allows you to know what type of monsters you are dealing with in the scenario. A level 25 Ranger leading the party allows you to know the specifics of the monsters, as well as well known strengths/weaknesses.

Each country may send a party consisting of 3-15 players on the expedition at the cost of 15gp per person. A special exception will be made in the event that a country has more than 15 surcoated members, all surcoated members of that country will be allowed on the expedition (at 15gp each) however NO mercenaries from other countries may be hired, with the exception of a Ranger to lead the party.

“Guilds”- For some strange reason, this scenario seems resistant to guild prizes, and as such, only 1 member of your force may benefit from any “guild” prizes such as Goblin Slayer, Giant Slayer, Overpowered Prize Slayer or Undead Slayer. Furthermore, any personal “prizes” are allowed, per discretion of the Event Elder (Fingers)

The Scenario

Countries have sent adventuring parties to recover the lost artifact- Maelstrom

Each Country who decides to send a party to recover the artifact will have their name added to a hat. Two names will be drawn from the hat, and both parties will arrive at the “hex” at the same time via teleportation spell. Two more names will be drawn. Exactly 5 minutes after lay on has been called, the second 2 parties will arrive via teleport to the “hex” where parties 1 and 2 originally teleported in. This will continue with 2 countries teleporting in, every 5 minutes until all adventuring parties have been introduced to the hex.

Adventuring parties will find themselves on a frozen island, covered in snow and ice. There is no leaving the island until the scenario has ended. Anyone wishing to no longer participate in the scenario, can simply walk out to see, and declare themselves dead. Any relics, potions, scrolls, or other in character items on persons doing so, will be piled up on the island at the point in which they entered the sea.

This "WWE Battle Royal" Style of entry can lead to some unlikely alliances, or some downright brutality. Depending on who shows up when, you could find yourself partnered up against whatever the Ice Giants have planned for you, or fighting both the Monsters and the PCs standing across from you. Hopefully this will be embraced with some great roleplaying, which I may reward with a special Fingers' prize later on.

Rather do your land search? That's fine, NPC and get paid to fight!!

NPCs needed for Maelstrom Adventure Day (1/12/14). There are a variety of roles available, all will see combat! NPCs will be paid 10 gold coins for their service that is NOT lootable while the scenario is in effect (or I can pay you after :)) Anyone who NPCs will still be eligible to participate in their country's land action for that day. Please PM me or post on the fb thread if interested in being an NPC.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: The Search for Maelstrom- 1/12/14

Post by fingers630 » 2013-12-28

Bump.

Please inform Land marshall AND Fingers if you wis to send a scouting party on this adventure next event (12/29). I am trying to make the event but if not please message me here or post in this thread.

There will be a chance to win your coin back you spend on this adventure :)

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-12-28

Do we need to have hard coin for this or will it be pulled out of the coffers like it is for land actions?
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-12-29

It will be just like you were land searching, the LM will be informed of your numbers and the coin will be withdrawn from Country coffer. If you happen to win/find the treasure, all money will be directly deposited into the country coffer of your choice. All items found are in play and lootable as with any "items" discovered on a land action with multiple countries until the adventure is over.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-01-06

Adventuring Parties:

NQ
Elidor
Black Watch
NK
Minathlan

Please let me know asap if your country would like to take part. Not in a country? Team up with one of the ones going! Rangers get out there and make that coin. Mages Monks and Warrior Mages make yourselves useful. Thieves dust off those keys. Assassins....well you guys are special too :)

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2014-01-06

My services are available for those of you who do not have a wizard in your country. I'm looking directly at you, Minathlan.

For a mere five gold I will accompany you with my spell book, which will allow me to throw fire, ice and lightning, as well as decipher ancient, unreadable scripts and learn the lore of a given area.

Why so cheap? Oh, because I am interested in adventuring... I often am, but this week? Oh, this week there is a much more specific reason: a dragon I keep hearing rumors of... A white dragon with the breath of ice.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-01-06

You wanted something that you got to dust off some of those Adventure Abilities for, well you got it son. I can attest that this Scenario will have both Mundane and Magical Monsters, traps, treasure, cool costumes (Ched apparently is coming out in some cool ones!), Battle Royale style entry to the mod, a dragon, and more ice storms than you can shake a stick at!!

Strap on your Wizard's robe and hat and prepare for a fun time. Oh and let's not forget the prize....in addition to some in game baubles and coin, the winning country will lay claim to Maelstrom at the start of EVERY adventure day in 2014. That is every campout day, and any day that are deemed "adventure days" on single day battles.

Huzzah!

Zentor

Post by Zentor » 2014-01-06

We'll gladly take you along Iltz. Just look for me Sunday.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2014-01-13

Thanks for running this Fingers, and thansk to Ched Nasad for NPCing!!!! Had a blast.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2014-01-13

Great job Fingers and thanks for letting those of us who wanted to Land Search "NPC" as level 1 Fighters and fight. Good times playing "Jeffrey the Man at Arms"
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-01-13

No problem, Murphy thought of it as he ranted at me for 5 min in the parking lot. I thought it was a fine compromise :)

[__Yak__]

Post by [__Yak__] » 2014-01-14

This belongs in this thread too ...

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2014-01-14

That is pretty much how I envision Thrush engaging a troll when I RP... maybe a little more skipping.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''