The Hunt for Reds October- 4/20 Event

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

The Hunt for Reds October- 4/20 Event

Post by fingers630 » 2014-04-09

Everyone's favorite Hobbit, Reds October, is looking to make the world's largest omelet for his Easter Second Breakfast. Unfortunately, Reds has misplaced all his eggs!

It is up to you, the members of Darkon, to find them for him, and return them to him in time for his Easter Meal!

On April 20th, on the Fields of Burtonsville, the nations of Darkon will assemble in a massive hunt for Mr. October (not Reggie Jackson) 's eggs. Teams will be formed and once lay on is called, Darkonians will battle and try to collect eggs for their team. Eggs can be tricksey things of course, some contain prizes, some contain....not so much prizes. Open the eggs if you dare, and experience the fun contained within, then quickly return them to your basket to score more than the opposing team!

Unfortunately Reds does not accept broken eggs! So watch where you step, or how you fall on them should you be killed. Eggs are lootable from the dead by anyone and cannot be hidden in magic pouches. Adventure rules are in effect for this battle and once all the eggs have been captured, they will be refilled, replaced, and fetched once more!
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

CasofElidor

Re: The Hunt for Reds October- 4/20 Event

Post by CasofElidor » 2014-04-09

Thank you for posting here as well.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Well this is the official boards right? Even if its just me, you and Thrush left :)

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2014-04-09

Troof... Sounds liek a fun battle!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Hope so. The eggs will contain various goodies, from coins, to "buffs" to "not so buffs". One will even have the infamous "Dwarf Form" that Cas and I discussed a couple of battles ago. Should be a hoot!

mtaylor

Post by mtaylor » 2014-04-09

Will "Dwarf Form" come with a bad ass beard in the egg?

Gimzod

Post by Gimzod » 2014-04-09

... I can't wait to be nature loved. Frankly, I think that will be the most amusing of things. :D
Gimzod
"Smart Boy" of WAAAGH! Gutzmangul
Kommando / Stormboy
Blessed of Mork (aka "Mad")

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-04-14

*Bump* Just a few reminders. This event IS an Adventure Battle Rule Day. All potions and scrolls are eligible to be made per the Rulebook. Please find the Potion/Scroll Marshal to do so. Adventure Rules will be in effect all day, including two teams, so remember to keep track of spell points throughout the day. Elders will be encouraged to reward great roleplay with spot ressurections, mends, or spell point recharges. Speaking of which, I will need 2 Elders for the Egg Hunt, 1 for each team to hold their "basket.

The Egg Hunt Matches will last 15 minutes OR until 1 team scores 16 eggs for their side (30 eggs in play). Once a match ends, we will break for 5 minutes to replace contents of the eggs and give out coin to those that find coin vouchers in the eggs. Please try not to break the eggs

Finally the best EASTER THEMED COSTUME ADJUSTMENT will be rewarded by me with a potion or scroll of their choice. Your costume must still remain "Darkon Legal" as per the watchful eye of our costume nazi Murph Murphson, however can have whatever easter inspiration you desire to "flavor it" for the day. I will announce the winner after the Egg Hunt. If you wish to be considered, please let me know at some point after check in closes.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-04-15

*Note*

"Guild" prizes will not be in effect for this adventure day. They may be used in land searches as per usual.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-04-17

Here there be GIANTS!

In addition to the Easter Egg hunt, I will be hosting a series of side adventure scenarios wherein small parties will find themselves trying their luck against "Giant" style Monsters.

These Giants will be the Alpha Playtest of some rules we are considering to replace the "ON YOUR KNEES" mechanic of Giant Growthed people. Since it is an adventure day, and I heard Darkonians like adventure, we will be setting up off to the side of our typical two team fights a small area where parties can go on "Land Searches". We will then have the party go up against some of the retooled Ogres, Owl Bears, Trolls, Giants, and Dragons, using the new "Giant" rules. Players will be allowed to precast all defensive spells and pouch (if they have it) just as they could a land search.

As far as Giants go, they for the most part:
-Break shields. All weapons break them, great weapons do it in 1 hit
-Immune to Grappling/NWTactics. They are too big, don't do it.
-Do Giant Damage (3pts with any weapon)
-Too damned tall. Giants are immune to head shots except spellballs.

The new "GROWTH" will be in effect as well, wherein it will not force anyone to their knees. The new growth however will do 3 things:

1 You will be allowed to shield bash/shield kick Giant classed creatures. You will still NOT be allowed to grapple them unless they initiate a grapple with you.
2 Most of the Giants will now do "GIANT" damage, which is considered 3 points, just like Maelstrom. Growthed individuals ignore this, and take normal weapon damage as per the weapon.
3 Hittem in the head! You are growthed, you can now attack with a flail/morning star as if they are normal players.

We encourage as many classes as possible, some creatures as per the land rules are only affected by magic/true strike. We also encourage feedback. Are the giants still killed too easily? Are they now impossible? Let us know.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2014-04-21

Thanks for running the event yesterday Fingers, you step up to bat for the game all the time, and it's awesome!!!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-04-21

Glad everyone had fun. If you missed it, team Chicks defeated team Bunnies 2-1 in a best of 3 egg hunt. We added more eggs for fights 2 and 3 and made them rez battles since I saw only 2 rezzing clerics on the field. I believe the scores were:

21-8 team Bunnies
22-19 team Chicks
24-16 team Chicks (1 dead egg)

I have a couple of awards to present next event and I need to see if Dame Keira has any as well:

To Captain Ig of Aquilonia- In honor of the amazing feat of throwing himself in harms way, with only a single leg at the time, The Captain managed to block an arrow from Maltri of Elidor, that was about to strike a member of Chosen Blood in the back. This move was later attempted by someone from team Bunnies, but they lacked his style, grace, and skill to protect Thrush from an arrow to the gut. As a reward for his deed, Captain Ig shall receive 1 potion or scroll of his choice from myself, as well as a "Get out of Hades Free" card to use 3 times at any adventure(s) in the 2014 year.

To the Monk of Nurgle (apologies I do not know your name off hand but I will find you!)- In honor of the many backs I saw you stab, and the chaos you induced with randomly popping up behind people to flail them in the head or stab them in the back, I present you with the Fingers/Messick "Hey is that guy on our team or did he just stab one of our dudes in the back?" reward.
You will receive 5 doses of poison of your choice.

To Thrush, formerly of Ebon Gate and the Forgotten Ones- It is said that a man can love but one other in his lifetime, and for the longest time, Thrush found that love in One Nut, the Billy Goat he liberated from the woods of Burtonsville. Thrush and One Nut were inseperable, and one though that love would last a lifetime. But the winds of fate blow strange in the land of Burtonsville, and another caught his eye on the field at the easter egg hunt...Deborah the Daisy. Never has a man fallen so hard for a small yellow seductress, but that was our Thrush. Reports came in of heavy petting, slow grinding, and soft caresses. Perhaps this time, Thrush has found a soulmate. In reward, as long as Thrush carries Deborah the Daisy with him, he is Immune to the Nature Love spell, as no love can be greater than that of a man and his flower. This lasts until Dec 31 2014.

*All prizes pending EB approval

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-04-21

Here is a list of the egg effects in case anyone was wondering:

KABOOM!
You have just suffered the effects of a fireball spell, centered on you. Please inform anyone in 3’ radius they are mortalled.

The Trees…So Pretty
You have just suffered the effects of a Nature’s Love Spell. Give the closest flora or fauna some love
2 minute duration

ENUK-CHUK!

Everything seems so little! You have been Growthed as per the spell. Put on the headband and kick some ass.
5 minute duration

Everything’s Funny To Me Man…
Struck with an uncontrollable case of the chuckles, you must laugh and do nothing else!
30 Second Duration

SILVER!!
This writ is good for 25 silver coins. This writ is lootable.
Present to Reds for Reward

In Motion, Gotta Dance!
There is a song in your head and your feet feel the need to match the beat. Drop your weapons and dance!
30 Second Duration (Monks Immune)

GOLD!!
This writ is good for 5 gold coins. This writ is lootable
Present to Reds for Reward

Strength of the Bear!
The power of the Great Bear flows through you. You do double damage with your weapon.
1 minute duration

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
You have been chosen as an Avatar of Khorne. Until the duration ends, you are unstoppable. Ignore all wounds (even death) and kill everyone, friend or foe.
30 Second Duration

DWARF FORM
Uh oh, someone has pissed off the gods. For the duration of this spell, you must fight on your knees.
1 minute duration

Rejuvenation
The magic of the egg has mended any armor/weapons/shield you are carrying and cured all your wounds.

Poison Cloud!
In a massive puff of inhaled spores, your life has expired. Treat as instant death poison with a 3’ radius.
(Those immune to poison are not affected)

Immunity to Missile Weapons
Real warriors don’t use bows! Until the duration has ended, you are unaffected by normal missiles (magic and enchanted still work). Call out “No Effect” if struck.
2 minute duration

Shield Bane
Tie cloth around handle of weapon. Until the duration has ended, you may shield break with weapon as if it were a shield breaking weapon.
1 minute duration