Reunion Farm No More

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Sir Caetrel
President

Reunion Farm No More

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2014-05-05

The BoD finally heard back from Dave and he has sold Reunion Farm. This puts our entire schedule for the rest of the year into question. I want everyone to be aware of this ASAP so please spread the word to those who do not read this page or the DOMB. I know this is a big shock, especially with a campout planned as our next event. These are the steps we are taking right now to deal with the situation:

1. I am meeting this Saturday with the property owner of a potential site that is 15 minutes north of Oregon Ridge.

2. We are contacting an Amtgard/ Darkon player who may have a site for us in the Shenandoah Valley somewhat near Reunion.

3. We are trying to obtain contact info for the new owners of Reunion.

I am confident we will have a campout sight for our events, but the dates may be subject to change and at this point we do not have confirmed locations. It is possible that we may even be able to have the next campout on time. If we have a site for the May campout I'll post immediately. If we cannot find one by early next week we will have to postpone it and schedule a day battle, park TBD.

Please do not look to blame anybody for this, we've been using Reunion for almost 15 years and have begun many campout seasons exactly like this one. The BoD has been trying to contact Dave for some time now and he only today got back. So yah, these guys all did their jobs like they are supposed to, and got handed a bad situation.

If you have any leads for campout sights please contact me directly with contact information.
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: Reunion Farm No More

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2014-05-05

Please do not look to blame anybody for this, we've been using Reunion for almost 15 years and have begun many campout seasons exactly like this one. The BoD has been trying to contact Dave for some time now and he only today got back.

Shouldn't need to say this. The BoD will get this rescheduled as quick as they can. At worst we have a day battle...

I know at least 10 people (I'm being conservative, it may be more) who could not make this campout because it was too far and they had other things to do, and they CAN make a day battle. Me included. This could work out to make a better attended campout later and a good day battle that weekend!

Look on the bright side, Darkon will happen no matter what!!!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-05-06

add me to the list of "will be attending daybattle AND paying $10 extra for Charity" :)

as well as Scab and everyone else that is playing 40k Friday and couldn't make Reunion.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2014-05-08

A comment based on an observation:

Observation:

The campouts at Reunion farm got smaller and smaller.

Comment:

Why are we looking at a camp site near Reunion? Do we like not really having Friday night campouts anymore? No one shows up till late... There's like 40 of us on site till like 9-10 oclock. Cause people work till 5pm. This just doesnt seem like a step forward, it feels like a lateral move that could continue to slide down hill.

The biggest reason for me to go to Reunion was I had an established site I worked to clear and a lot of memories.

I will not be driving to this new property on upwards of 6 off Darkon weekends to work on my site... I'm not 21 anymore. It's also not 2001 anymore. The game is very differnet and much less involved in things like what we did at Reunion. So basically people will show up after dark on Friday to clear camps and search for sites...

Please do not misconstrue what I'm saying, I am so greatful that Gerard is taking his personal time to go look at sites, but wouldn't this be the time to seperate ourselves from driving 3.5 hours to a campout and having them get smaller and smaller each time?

Thrush
observant berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2014-05-08

The good news is that there are two sites he is looking at right now.

The second is 15 minutes north of Oregon Ridge.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2014-05-08

True... I was just thinking to myself that it sucks that he is even going to ever drive towards reunion again...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild