Inox for Treasurer 2015

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Inox
Knight of the Realm

Inox for Treasurer 2015

Post by Inox » 2014-10-02

Since we're a month to the day from elections, I am also announcing that I will run for Treasurer again in 2015.
I have been Treasurer throughout 2014, and have managed to build up Darkon's cash reserves considerably ($15.4K in the bank currently).

I've handled the administrative aspects of the job at events--having been to every event to run check-in, of course--but I've also making sure all of the behind the scenes work got done (securing insurance, handling tax & corporate paperwork, writing checks, managing our budget, etc.). Reimbursement has been prompt.

Recently I rewrote and expanded the section of the bylaws dealing with Treasurer and Secretary duties. What I want to do in 2015, though, is twofold:

I want to continue to develop the record keeping/accounting processes that I've been putting into place, and then codify those into an easy method that future Treasurers can easily use.

Plus, I want to leverage my expertise as a licensed Maryland attorney to evaluate how we move forward with developing structures and aspects of the Willoughby Farms site, as well as any other locations where we have such options. I will make sure that not only do we spend wisely, but that we're protected as an organization to the greatest extent possible.

I hope you can continue to have confidence in me to serve the game as Treasurer in 2015.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON