Hello there! (New player)

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Stultz

Hello there! (New player)

Post by Stultz » 2015-10-08

Greetings! My name is Nick and I have been reading into larp and the more I read, the more I wish to participate. It appears you guys are around a two hour drive from me but that will be all worth it I'm sure. My main questions are 1) how active is this group, and 2)what do I need to start?

aidant

Re: Hello there! (New player)

Post by aidant » 2015-10-08

We meet every other Sunday, so I guess that's pretty active. All you really need for you're first event is a waiver. If you have medieval/renascence costuming already that's great, if not that's fine for a first event. Lot's of us have weapons and shields that can be borrowed.

Next event(oct 16-18) is a camp out. If you don't want to commit to the whole weekend, you can just come on Saturday.

Stultz

Super super excited to announce that I will in fact be attending the entire weekend campout! I have no weapons/clothing but in time I will surely make this happen. Are there any people that attend that would be willing to teach me the "ways" if you will? I read through the rule book and most of it makes sense but it is a lot to take in at one time. At the event would I be expected to know all of this? My girlfriend would also likely be attending with me, but she isn't so sure how she would fit in. Some assurance that she(we) wouldn't be treated like outlanders would also be terrific lol

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2015-10-08

Greetings. I am the Darkon Magistrate, my Facebook Name is Thom Hitz. Send me a friend request, and I will get you into the Darkon Facebook group. As far as a new player is concerned, try to wear the following to your first event:

Dark Sweat Pants
Dark Shoes/Boots
T Shirt with no logo

There are several around that have extra garb they can easily loan you. I have some spare surcoats I use for monsters, please feel free to stop by Black Watch, we will be camped right by the bridge on way in and ask for Fingers. You can borrow it for the weekend. Be sure to visit several countries, introduce yourself, and hang out with the players. There are vastly different styles of countries out there, find one that you like.

Your girlfriend is welcome to attend, she is welcome to fight, she is welcome to just watch if that is her thing. I suggest if she is not into the larp aspect as much as you, to bring a camera to take pics, or bring a book/ebook to read while you play. If she is of age, there is a casion 10min away, she could always hang out there for a bit while you get your fight on.

Welcome.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Stultz

My girlfriend wanted me to personally thank you for settling her nerves! lol, besides that, I added you and am so beyond ready to get started with you guys!