Spell Balls

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Spell Balls

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-12

Sorry to be the Spell Nazi, but I am tired of seeing people skirt the rules for checking in their spell books/spell balls.

Per the rulebook:

During check-in, spell casters are required to present their material components to the Spell Marshal for his approval.

The Spell Marshal will inspect each caster’s spell book during check-in.

I am not tracking you down. If you want to cast spells (including bark skin for all you stick jock druids) you will bring your spell book and components to a spell marshall at check in. I was at oregon ridge at 1145. I was standing by the physical check in until 1230 and then by weapons check until 115.

I have full backing by the Magistrate to pull ANYONE's spells if they did not come to me to check them in (or another spell marshall however i was the only one today). Some of you got warnings today and we let you cast after they were checked. Those were all the warnings that will be given out.

Not checking spell balls is cheating. It is the same thing as not checking in your weapons and armor. If you are late, find me on the field. I am hard to miss. Or find one of the other Spell Marshalls.

Multiple offenders will have their name handed over to the EB or NC.

It takes 30 seconds people. Don't be a dick.

Fingers
Spell Marshall Type Guy
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Re: Spell Balls

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-02-12

I indeed support this 100%. When you go to check in, you need to be in costume and have all of your weapons/armor/shields/spell components with you for check in. Valfryn told at least 5 different people in the 2 minutes I was in line that they had to be in garb before they could check in. This is not new, have everything with you you intend to use for the day before going to check in.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-02-12

I am also a head spell marshal and I agree with what was said here.

As a note, though: Several people did present their items to me before 1, and thus you might've thought they weren't checked... But they were.

As for the barkskin issue - I noticed it last event - several people wore their headbands but didn't present a spellbook (or at least a single page with barkskin on it). One person I asked for it knew exactly what I meant right away, said they forgot it and took it off. Another argued with me, and several others I never had a chance to approach.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Wulfen Freki
Squire of the Realm

Post by Wulfen Freki » 2012-02-12

I have had a huge issue with this for the past 3 years or so as a spell marshal...
As one of the highest Druids in the game I say to you all... It aint that hard to write that short spell... it isnt a Pouch or Magic Stone...
Wulfen Freki

~Warmaster of Ched Nasad
~Chosen Warrior of Ched Nasad
~Warhound of Ched Nasad
~High Druidic Priest of Malal
~Squire to Baron Alfred Goldenhue of Elidor

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-02-12

^this.
If you forgot your holy symbol/book/ "what-have-you", bummer. Thrush played all day without armor/ abilities. Bet his K/D ratio is better than most of ours.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-12

Yeah no worries Iltz. I didnt see you and bendore said he didnt see you around when he saw me around 1230.

None of the people I admonished (including a founder of the game *cough*) mentioned checking them with you.

Also "these arent my spellballs" is not an excuse. i could count the number of casters that brought me stuff to check on my hands today. if you are using someones spellballs, be sure theyve been checked in...like a spear you pick up from the sideline...

Spells arent hard to write. if you dont like writing them, PM me what spell you need and for 10gold ill write it for you =)
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-02-12

As another EB member I can assure you that I intend to vote for sanctions against anyone who is brought to me for violating the rules.
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Sir Arioch

Post by Sir Arioch » 2012-02-13

I am guilty as charged, I did not see fingers at check in,,, I have not seen a spell checker at last several events.... as I am now informed that there is a spell marshalll posted, I will try to seek out said spell marshal....
ATOL

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-02-13

I checked a few spellbooks and balls too, I was there around 12:30 also. I checked some guy I don't know, Inox, and one other, that's it. Maybe we need a sign to put up :)
- Ogre Solaris, cleric of Kindred. CB
Kindred Brewmaster
Worshipper of Helios, God of the Sun
http://www.darkon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ogre_Solaris

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-02-13

I think last event the main issue with people not getting checked was because the check in was in 2 different spots... weapons and armor one place and sign in at another - I think this will resolve itself next event when it is all in the same place with people having to file threw that one place to get to the fighting area. It was brutaly cold and there was no real area for the people on the eb to sit and do thier job easily at the last event that was I think the main confusion and it was understandable given the circumstances.

To everyone that is checking people in and working behind the scenes thank you for the all the hard work you are doing!
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-02-26

Lord Cailen Sendor wrote:I think last event the main issue with people not getting checked was because the check in was in 2 different spots... weapons and armor one place and sign in at another - I think this will resolve itself next event when it is all in the same place with people having to file threw that one place to get to the fighting area.

This was partially correct! People as a whole did a much better job of bring their stuff to me today now that it was one big check-in area with the computer 25 feet from the weapons line.

There were some people I needed to seek out, but it wasn't a problem.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-02-26

awesome!
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++