April 8th Event

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

April 8th Event

Post by fingers630 » 2012-03-26

I am going to be eldering at least a portion of the event and running a few different style battles. Here are some of the things I would like to throw in the mix:

- Two Teams (good ole rock. Nothing beats rock.)
- Country Battles (both with, and without alliances)
- Geezer battle (vets vs the young. the vets will get to stand uphill!)

- Modified Bridge Battle Bridge Battle
(this will be a bridge battle with 2 minor changes. First, spell points will not count towards your daily spell use for this battle. consider this a freebie to go nuts. Second, THERE WILL BE NO AOE FOR THIS BATTLE. All AOE spells will be single target only (ie warp wood/fireball, etc) and affect only a person hit with the spell ball. This includes your weapon/foot/face)

- Defend the King/The King must Die(This will pit the Heavily Armored vs the Lightly Armored. Everyone with AC 2 or better will gather and select 1 member to be their King. Everyone with AC 3 or Worse will gather as the bandits intent on slaying the King. Mages will be divided evenly if possible between the two teams.

The fight will go until 1. the king is dead or 2. the bandits are dead.

In addition, I have 2 zombie battles that I may run, contingent upon the World Event committee and if Prince Cailen is able to bring the keep he made. One will be a small force trying to hold a keep from an endless horde of shieldless zombies and the other will be a surrounded force trying to stay alive as zombies close in from all sides. Think of it as my tribute to Walking Dead season finale =)

As always, elders are welcome to assist, and if we do not have at least 2 elders for EVERY battle, I will have the President flex his muscle and conscript me some!

HAIL EXODUS!
Fingers
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Re: April 8th Event

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-03-26

Would be a honor to help out Brother!!!
Give me a basic size for the keep in a personal mail so that I do not bring (and fill my car) with more then what is needed please :)

In service,
Cailen
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-03-26

Can't wait! Sounds like a blast!
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-03-26

I hate that it's on Easter... I will sadly not be attending. Poo, Fingers runs awesome events!!!!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Dhurkan Toj Akhari

Post by Dhurkan Toj Akhari » 2012-03-26

I will also miss this awesome sounding debut, but I will be returning the 22nd for sure! Knee still hurts, and I may limp some, but I need my fighting fix!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

ah i didnt even realize. even better. what better way to celebrate zombie jesus than with real zombies! if its a hit, I will run again. keep an eye out for the July Patauxant event. Ill be running my House of Cards battle then :)

jayjay
Darkonian

Post by jayjay » 2012-03-26

the geezer game, how will teams be decided? i see you say vets, so is it vets by the rule book (15th lvl) or are we talking real world old farts?
jayjay
No Quarter!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Both :) We will do a couple lvl 15+ and a couple age 30+ =P

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2012-03-26

I would like to volunteer to elder this with you. sounds awesome, and mildly complicated.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-03-27

I have been excited all year about the House of Cards battle. I am very sad to be missing this next one.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

The_Nusiance

Post by The_Nusiance » 2012-03-27

sounds better than being stuck w/ relatives

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-03-27

But not as awesome as partying with Spartans in Pittsburgh and cooking lamb...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

DrSquirrel

Post by DrSquirrel » 2012-04-02

Oh the house battle.....spears and turn undead. This event is gonna rock, but that bridge battle oh that is gonna be beyond great
Something something kindred something

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-03

Those interested in helping elder please find me during check in or just after in Elidor's camp.

If we get no volunteers Ill be conscripting people for 30 minute shifts.

TitusV
Darkonian

Post by TitusV » 2012-04-03

I'll volunteer to help you out. I plan on bringing different colored rope that can be used for any bridges/forts plus stakes to hold them to the ground.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-08

Well the event wasnt as much as a success as I would have liked. Unfortunately with the Holiday, the event had a very low attendance compounded by the fact that the people there seemed like they would rather chill out on sidelines chit chatting than fighting.

Things started off with elidor vs ched nasad for a few fights, with some others straggling in. We alternated teams for about a good hour of fighting and then did a couple country battles. Aquilonia pulled off the first win, luring NQ in with Arioch Standing defiantly, fireball at the ready. As NQ closed in, three AQ rangers leapt up from Feigning Death, and brought the pain.

The second country battle had one alliance. There was a superteam of ched/mordom/chosen blood and exillium some how, but one of the smaller countries won the day. forgive me i didnt see which country it was, but they had like 3 guys left.

His Majesty was in attendance, and requested the next battle, which was a division by weapon class. Team 1 was Pole Arms, team 2 was sword and shield, and team three was flail and shield + flourentine. The archers were divved up between the three.

The two larger teams (1 and 2) rolled over team 3, then the pole arms rolled over team 1, winning by at least 8. The second battle, team sword and board emerged triumphant I believe, wining by a few.

As the numbers swelled to about 75 combatants, we called for the first zombie battle. Thanks to Exillium for leading up the fort construction with Ig, some ched and albion assistance (until you guys have a NK symbol, ill call you Albion and you will like it!)

Ched and New Mordom took the keep, which was located up on a hill with a great defensive position. Everyone else, sans their shields, formed up on the little dirt road. They were all AR3 zombies and shambled to the fort. The defenders took out wave after wave with their holy water blessed weapons, which in hindsight should not have been allowed, as i specifically said normal battle spells except turn undead. no worries will address in the future.

After 2 min, the gate dropped and the zombies closed in. Their rez point got closer with each minute, and the defenders fell at the 9 minute mark.

The fight got mixed reviews. I had quite a few people say they loved it and wanted to do it again, but others bitched that spending 15 minutes on this event (which was all we spent) was interrupting their two teams so i scrapped it.

I didnt get to run any bridge battles as I had to go to senate apparently. the day finished with more and more two teams.

Thanks to Cog and Tiberius and caedes and Slindar and Absolom for eldering (and anyone else if I forgot you). thanks to cailen for bringing the fort to use. thanks to those of you that supported doing something different than 2 teams for 1/10 of your fighting time.

everyone else can piss off =)
fingers

Fiyero
Darkonian

Post by Fiyero » 2012-04-08

I had a lot of fun. The country battle for the first round was fun/funny as I was the lone BAMC member so wandering around trying not to get killed was actually pretty fun.

And the castle siege was definitely a welcome change. The only problem I personally had with it was the first 2 minutes was just zombies wandering around waiting for the gate to go down, but it was a quick 2 minutes.

Anyway, thanks Finger's I had a good time doing something other than 2 teams

Oh and any word on how the lady who got hurt is doing?
Fiyero Weyland
Bard
Annalist & Corporal of BAMC

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-08

(Ya the 2 minutes was basically a prep time, for the fort defenders to cast their spells, and pick some zombies off with pot shots on the way up the slope, then the gate dropped and the meat grinder began.)

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-08

Thanks for running the day, elders. Good times! I honestly believe the fighting is the best when attendance drops, today was no exception.

Honestly, I didn't think we were going to breech that keep (and we likely wouldn't have, had fingers not moved the spawn point closer), well fought castle team!

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-04-09

Wish I could have been there to do these battles. Im glad your doing these again fingers, is the house of cards battle going to be this year as well?
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-04-09

Kindred was the team that won the alliance battle. We teamed with Nurgle, the two of us wiped out the others, then you called that alliances were broken so the ones that were left turned on Nurgle and killed off the last one or two guys they had on the field.

I really enjoyed the zombie fight. Wish more of us would have just rushed the gate and pounded on it with our fists or something trying to tear it down, but I think people were thinking more like a human that a zombie, being afraid of spears and arrows. Not sure why, you rez as soon as you get back down the hill but whatever. I still got to chop people up once the gate came down and that's always fun. I would love to do that again, maybe with us in the keep at some point. I need something to throw all these yellow spell balls at.
- Ogre Solaris, cleric of Kindred. CB
Kindred Brewmaster
Worshipper of Helios, God of the Sun
http://www.darkon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ogre_Solaris

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-09

Ah yes, I thought it was Kindred but wasnt positive.

Yes the House of Cards Battle is scheduled for July 29th. I believe I have 3 of the 4 Kings pencilled in so far.

I agree a lot of the zombies acted like humans at first. As the clock ticked down, I had them just mashing the front gate and winning through with brute force. Apologies it wasnt smoother, I had some people not wanting to be there, people complaining to me about stuff as they claimed the other elders werent listening, and I was trying to watch the clock to keep time.

Id like to run it again to give more countries the chance to defend the keep, with the complete rules I had planned on, and 100+ people participating (originally, if you were not rezzed inside the keep within 2 min of death, you rose up as a zombie)

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-04-09

Fingers, one monk survived the undead onslaught into the keep, he feigned death.
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-09

And was promptly eaten by the zombies in the keep ;)

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-09

When you feign death in a zombie keep, you starve to death.