So Rza had this idea......

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

So Rza had this idea......

Post by Snudge » 2012-03-26

Me and Siren were wandering around kindred bemoaning the lack of coin. And Rza had this idea.
What if there was a coin collection bonus credit addon to a charity event or a coin collection bonus credit day.
Your real $ gets you the normal credits, but if you bring 20g to hand in for the good of the club you got an extra bonus credit. You can donate up to 60g but each credit had to be applied to a different character.

How does everyone feel about this?
It has the support of the Land Marshal and Coin Marshal already, if the realm itself will participate I'll make a proposal to the EB. If you don't like it, please explain why. If you support it, thanks :D
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

DrSquirrel

Re: So Rza had this idea......

Post by DrSquirrel » 2012-03-26

Like the idea, but what about those who don't have alot of gold and want that extra credit. For example I don't. Have that much gold and the gold I have want to save. The idea I have is why not allow members donate 20 real dollars which can go to more coin or even more stuff for the eb.
Something something kindred something

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2012-03-26

squirrel the purpose of this is to reclaim the gold stashed in sock drawers, more than it is to give extra credits. the gold that people keep, leave the game with, etc means the club has to pay to replenish it.

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2012-03-26

and ive never been a fan of buying credits, but as we have learned if you dont give an incentive, you will get nothing out of most darkonians, or anyone these days for that matter.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-03-26

Well if darkon is against making REAL money with transferred creds, I don't see why it should be for making fake money for bonus creds.

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-03-26

I think a big help in this area would be high denomination phys reps that were impossible to counterfeit. Something along the line of silver, gold and mithral bars. Need something more cost effective for the Club than coin and at the same time harder to lose/ misplace in RL when you take it home. I think I could make gold bars out of foam/ PD and serial number/ mark them in a way that was very hard to duplicate.

The coin problem itself is eternal. Any efforts are a help, but ultimately the Club buys plastic coins and the plastic coins go buh-bye until we need to buy more.
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-03-26

Other than Valfryn, the rest of you were not around (I don't think...) when it happened so you don't know... But a few years ago when we got the new coin, we did collect money from people in trade for extra credits. It was quite a successful program.

But turning in actual coin for credits isn't a bad idea, either. Combining them both might be great.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Alzarahn
Darkonian

Post by Alzarahn » 2012-03-26

Maybe there should be a Royal Bank of Darkon, so that everything could be handled differently? You can always try to imitate old-style financial progressions.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-03-26

I dont agree with rewarding horders of coins with credits. Just because someone doesnt have a suitcase of coins sitting in their closet, shouldnt mean they should fall behind someone that does in terms of character experience/abilites.

Personally i think we should just move away from personal coin. gold and silver should be reserved for country land actions and something else should be introduced that cannot be horded or stolen for use of purchasing in game items.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Dhurkan Toj Akhari

Post by Dhurkan Toj Akhari » 2012-03-26

How about writs? They would be cheaper, and by using the treasury, would be able to keep track of funds. Also would be accurate since most commoners never truly saw hard coin.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-03-26

Dhurkan Toj Akhari wrote:How about writs? They would be cheaper, and by using the treasury, would be able to keep track of funds. Also would be accurate since most commoners never truly saw hard coin.

While true, it is not applicable in Darkon. We're not really commoners - we're heroes. Peasants are commoners, and we slaughter them, even if they have pole arms.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-03-27

STOP REWARDING THINGS WITH CREDITS.

When you guys held the feast in the Forgotten Ones' honor, it was because we turned in the most coin over the course of XXXX months. Do that again, hold the feast in someone's honor. It motivated us... Vikings... TO GIVE UP OUR COIN!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2012-03-27

^this
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-03-27

I would love to see a feast themed to the winner.
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Siren
Darkonian

Post by Siren » 2012-03-27

I like the idea of a coin extra cred day. Like Snudge said, you'd only be able to get 3 credits total which would not go into the same class so someone couldn't show up with 400 Gold and jump a few levels. It rewards players for putting coin back into circulation (seriously I loot people constantly and rarely find anything) but it isn't a reward that is unbalancing.

I like the idea of hosting feast for whichever country turns in the hard coin, but thats only a fix that comes up once a year.

One way or another, we need to have a way to keep coin coming in, so that I can continue to dole it out when someone needs it.
~Siren

Az'Sirenythe Azuviir Kreatondaughter
Warrior of Ched Nasad
Leader of the Myrmidon Entertainment Guild
Sailing Master of the CNS. IHM. Eastern Pride
Way too many other titles to list here...

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-03-27

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:STOP REWARDING THINGS WITH CREDITS.

When you guys held the feast in the Forgotten Ones' honor, it was because we turned in the most coin over the course of XXXX months. Do that again, hold the feast in someone's honor. It motivated us... Vikings... TO GIVE UP OUR COIN!

Thrush
berserk

^^ For Realsies
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Sir Gwydion
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Gwydion » 2012-04-09

I agree that people who have 60 gp in coins lying around should be using that coin for in-game things and not for credits.

And please note that it would be in my best interest for this to happen, since when I win my Noble tourney, I will want to advance in rank as quickly as possible as a Cavalier.

But as I said a few years ago on the DUMB, the real solution for improving the flow of coin is to improve the Darkon economy. That is currently being done through Arts and Sciences. When people feel that they can accept Darkon coins for their products, that's when you know you have a good economy.

Something that I've always been a big fan of also is having something that will get you a big leg up at a campout going for a ridiculous price at Tavern. Like a holy sword (for the duration of the event) costing 500 gp (hard cash) during an undead-heavy campout or a double-size unlootable bag for the campout only costing 1000 gp when you really need to get a bunch of potions from point A to point B. THAT would take coin out of the game (and into the coin marshal's hands) and cause coin to be more valuable at the same time.

The viking feast is another perfect example of something that will drive the economy in the right direction towards a higher value for coin.
Sir Gwydion, Baron of Gladesedge
Sometime mistaken for Avlis, Ranger of the Woods of Elidor (also of Gladesedge)

Alzarahn
Darkonian

Post by Alzarahn » 2012-04-09

It would help if you had some stuff worth spending the gold on. Stuff that isn't just one-event or one-use. Just sayin.

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2012-04-09

Fine a way to fix the gold/coffer issues and hard coin will become more important.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-04-09

I thought that feat thing was an awesome Idea. The feast was better for it as well I think.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Captain Igmund
Darkonian

Post by Captain Igmund » 2012-04-12

No more crap for extra credits....cash or coins.....How about this? Have a turn in day before the end of every season. The country that turns in the most, gets a temple in their respective gods honor, and the bonus will be 1 extra spell point for their spell casters. It wouldn't make a dent in the game mechanics.unless you win it for 20 yrs in a row. lol.