Spring Tourney 2012!

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Sir Caetrel
President

Spring Tourney 2012!

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-04-02

DARKON SPRING TOURNEY 2012

Darkon Spring Tourney '12 will be held at Patuxent River Park on Sunday, April 22nd. The Tourney has been organized by Sir Tyriel and Baron Caetrel, and will be eldered by the Noble Council of Darkon. The event will begin shortly after check-in and will feature many concurrent activities for your enjoyment and participation.

EVENT LIST

The Court of HRM Slindar Magrishall

Worlds Faire Merchant Row

Silent Auction

Arts & Sciences Competition To Recognize Outstanding Work in Craftsmanship and the Arts* For rules and guidelines see http://www.darkon.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=215

Test of Arms Across 7 Contests To Determine the Spring Tourney '12 Champion of Darkon*

Test of Arms To Determine the Spring '12 Best Five Man Team*

Sir Valfryn Seeks The Right of Cavalier By Test of Arms

Sir Gwydion Seeks The Title of Baron By Test of Arms

Sir X, A Mysterious Knight From Far Off Lands, May or May Not seek to Challenge a defender of the Noble Council to be named later. Truly, you never know what you're going to get.

Ressurection Battles Throughout The Day
*Winners in these events shall receive real, physical and possibly impressive prizes from the NC and EB. In addition, in game prizes and purses may be awarded by The High King, Knights of The Realm, Nations of the Realm, or any other generous patrons who wish to do so!

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

1:00 PM Dedication From The King, Announcements and Unveiling of Prizes
The Day's events shall begin with words from the King, a recital of the day's Tourney events, and a display of the Tourney Prizes. This tourney will be offering exciting, real prizes to winners of the combat and arts competitions

1:15 King's Court and World Faire Open, Preparation For Tourney Bouts, Ressurrection Battles Begin
After Commencement the Court of the High King Shall be open along with the World Fair Merchants area. Ressurrection-style two team battles will begin with Sir Tyriel as head Elder.

1:30 Noble Bout, Arts and Sciences Deadline
Sir Valfryn of Chosen Blood seeks to earn the right of Cavalier by test of arms. Baron Wraith of Elidor shall defend. Arts and Science entiries must be submitted by no later than this time. For full rules and prize info click here.

2:00 Five Man Team Competition
The winning team of 5 shall each receive a "viking" style wood camp chair to commemorate their victory. Armor and class abilities are allowed, Battle rules apply. Best 2 out of 3, single elimination. Teams must all be from the same country or retinue. Nomads may form teams consisting only of other nomads. Players may only enter once and on one team. Anyone may participate in this competition, including Knights of The Realm.

2:30 Noble Bout
Sir Gwydion of Elidor seeks to earn the title of Baron, and the right of Cavalier, by test of arms. Baron Martin of BAMC shall defend.

3:00 Champion of Darkon Events, Silent Auction Deadline
Seven Category Winners will be determined and above all, a Champion of Darkon Spring '12 Tourney. This latter award is won by placing and winning multiple competitions among the 7 styles. The 7 Category winners shall each receive a most sturdy, leather belt favor embossed with their accomplishment. The Champion shall receive a large and sturdy leather pouch adorned with the proclamation "Darkon Spring '12 Tourney Champion."

Knights of the Realm may not enter. Lords of the Realm may enter. Armor and Class abilities do NOT apply. Best 2 out of 3. Warriors will be paired randomly in single elimination style. If needed, the use of a by shall be employed until a final four is achieved. The final 4 shall be paired off randomly. The two winners will then fight, to determine First and Second Place. The two losers will also fight, to determine Third Place. First place will be awarded the appropriate Belt Favor and 3 points. Second place will be awarded 2 points. Third place will be awarded 1 point. Whomever wins the highest point total of the day shall be declared Tourney Champion. A tie shall be resolved by Best 2 out of 3 elimination in the Freestyle/ Choice of Arms category. A tie of more than two warriors will be resolved in round robin style. YOU WILL WIN THE TOURNEY BY WINNING OR PLACING IN MULTIPLE OF THE SEVEN COMPETITION STYLES:

1. Single Sword, or other rigid Weapon wieldable with one hand, including bars and maces for the pious, and axes and clubs for the barbarous)
    2. Two Weapon Style, of which the primary weapon is of a rigid one handed nature, as is the second, though the second may instead consist of a dagger.
    3. Sword and Shield, wherein the sword may be replaced with a rigid one handed weapon of alternate choice. The shield used shall be no large than thirty inches in diameter, or across.
    4. Great Sword, with no allowance of bucklers or backup weapons. Victory in this event shall be had upon the third hit.
    5. Polearm , with no allowance of bucklers, but with the accompaniment of any one handed backup weapon if so desired. Spears are considered poelarms for this.
    6. Dagger, with nothing but oneself, and one dagger
    7. Choice of Arms, in which one may use whatever weapons and shield they wish.

3:30 Noble Bout
Subsequent Noble Bouts beyond the first two that are currently known shall begin no later than this time!

4:00 Awards
The High King shall preside over the awarding of all prizes and titles earned this day. Other awards of His Majesty's Choosing may also take place.

This information will be shared in person at the next event, two weeks before the actual Tourney. For questions about this event ask Tyriel or Caetrel. For arts and sciences questions, ask Brittany on No Quarter! For questions about the Worlds Fair or Silent Auction, ask President Machate. It is fine to ask here if you have general questions.

Hail Darkon!
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

DrSquirrel

Re: Spring Tourney 2012!

Post by DrSquirrel » 2012-04-02

For the tourney does one have to enter all category's or could one just enter in one or two?
Something something kindred something

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-04-02

You can enter as few or as many as you would like. However, your point total for the day is additive. You can win at "Greatsword" and enter nothing else, earning 3 points. If another player placed 3rd in four other events, he would have a higher score than you, with 4 points. The idea here is that the person who does best across all catagories is the most well rounded warrior and thus deserving to be called Champion.
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-04-03

Sir Caetrel wrote:
Armor and Class abilities do NOT apply. Best 2 out of 3.

Sweet.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-03

3. Sword and Shield, wherein the sword may be replaced with a rigid one handed weapon of alternate choice. The shield used shall be no large than thirty inches in diameter, or across .

Even sweeter!
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-04-03

May i suggest adding an archery competition? It was well received at the last tourney.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-04-04

Duke Andrick wrote:May i suggest adding an archery competition? It was well received at the last tourney.

This was something we considered but it did not fit into an otherwise solid view of how the event would work. They have been popular in the past for sure.

If anyone cares to design an archery competition, elder it, and supply a prize, it would be a good thing to work in and I'm all for it.
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Alzarahn
Darkonian

Post by Alzarahn » 2012-04-04

We should get someone to dress up like a bunny again. That was classic.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-04-09

Archery competition: The person who can successfully shoot the most nobles from behind throughout the day wins. :P

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-09

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-04-09

Shoot Murphy while he is tourney fighting, shoot nobles wearing elder tunics, shoot any noble that pops their head out the barn balcony door...this could work.
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-04-09

Are we still referring to foam arrows?
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-04-09

yes
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-09

Is that what you see when you look out on the field, cailen, caetrel?

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-09

LMAO +1 Valfryn

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-04-09

actually that is what I see when I face some people that have been in the game 10 years...

this is what I see when I see the brand new players out of school!

the seige of troy... by sperm that were launched 8 years earlier who just "arrived" :)

OMG I actually could be some of the new players grandfather! No..No..No... bad memories...!!! WOW

ONE TIME AT LARP CAMP...
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-04-09

Crusty old man :P
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-04-10

This event will have a lot of activities going on and we will be making full use of the barn and the pavilion. I encourage people to bring food and drink and not just treat this as a normal battle day but a festival event at which anything can happen.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-10

Anything that happens at Jug Bay, does not stay at Jug Bay. Park police have more jurisdiction than you know.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-04-11

Lord Valfryn wrote:Park police have more jurisdiction than you know.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Darll

Post by Darll » 2012-04-16

I will opening the Naughty Nymph at Spring Tourney 2012 .We were asked to have it there. I will Be serving Hamburges, Hotdogs, Chips, and Drinks . Donations will be welcolmed as we will not be selling the food there.
Ranger
Cobbler Maker of Kindred
Quarter Master of Kindred
OB, OD

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-22

Thanks to the elders,vendors, and judges for making this event happen for us. Also, thanks again to 2012 EB (mainly john if I'm not mistaken) for landing us this site, it paid off.
Congrats to the winners in the tourneys and bouts! Fall is coming!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-22

Great fights to all of the noble combatants today. I shall post pics as soon as I can. YOu all fought with Courage, and Honor.