May 6th Battle

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

May 6th Battle

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-26

Battle is an Elder's choice Woods Battle with Adventure rules in effect. I am assuming we will use the field down at the bottom of giant ass hill? Do we have any requests of what type of battle to have? I was thinking of maybe a Capture the Flag type battle?

Perhaps each country brings their own flag and the winner is the team that has the most flags after X amount of time?

Maybe a two teams where each side has a flag. Team A must obtain Team Bs flag, and bring it back to their Elder to win. Two rez points off to the sides, one for each team?

Do we want adventure rules in effect for normal two team fights?

With EB approval, i would like to make up some potions good for any adventure battle (or land search) through 12/31/12. Potions will be sold by me for 10gp physical coin only and are limited to 5 per country. Hopefully this will bring some coin from the hoarders out there. Potions and money are for the club and you may not loot me for either =P.

Thoughts?
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Re: May 6th Battle

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-04-26

So you saying you want to Elder ;)

Adventure Rules are in effect during two-teams. Just do me a favor and make some observations on how it effects the fights.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-26

I will be eldering for some sure :).

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-04-27

CTF!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO In the woods!?!?!? Did I win something? I like 1 flag per team with rez points being in the middle off to the side:

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet

The formatting on this board still blows.
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

jayjay
Darkonian

Post by jayjay » 2012-04-27

so tyrial and i went up to the somerset amtgard park a couple months back. potato runs the most awesome CTF stick dork mod evar! he uses 50lb weights as the flags! we were playing in the ice and snow. when tyrial picked up the flag, he just ran in place for a minute, like a flinstone's character, and then face planted.

the nice thing about the heavy flag, was that it wasn't just get your fastest guy to the flag and get a point. once you had the flag, it was a slow slog to get it back and score. it was work by both the flag carrier and their team. since your flag carrier doesn't just sprint back to your side, you have to defend him on his way to score. it was a TON of fun.
jayjay
No Quarter!

TitusV
Darkonian

Post by TitusV » 2012-04-27

Hmmm we can play capture the 50lb rock.

Sir Gwydion
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Gwydion » 2012-04-27

Or a chest of money that happens to weigh 50 pounds.
Sir Gwydion, Baron of Gladesedge
Sometime mistaken for Avlis, Ranger of the Woods of Elidor (also of Gladesedge)

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-04-27

No one would know what to do with 50 lbs of coin.
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-27

50 Lbs of coin? Right in a box, then to my shed. Booyah.

Love the heavy obj. Maybe a bag of sand?
love that format, too thrush.. keeps fresh guys in the midfield.... I would suggest 1 or 2 minute side releases. 1 elder, 1 watch, 1 whistle.. all you need to control spawns, and keeps the spawn rushing down.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-27

I have a whistle I will bring as i havent bought a bullhorn yet. As far as a 50lb flag goes, that is all you guys. If you wish to design 2 identical objects, 1 red, 1 blue, and carry them, im fine with it. the only 50lb thing Ill be carrying down/up that hill is my left leg.

Thrush Svartehjertet

The Forgotten Ones tried a 40 odd pound rock and a heavy banner pole (about 30 lbs) at different times. We were told it was unsafe to play with weighted flags of any nature... Course this was while we were on the EB's list of people who's camp they needed to visit every 30 minutes... Just saying, it was ruled as unsafe before. Maybe 2 punching bags could be obtained...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Sir Gwydion
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Gwydion » 2012-04-27

I didn't mean that we should put all of Darkon's available coin in the coffer. I meant that you could put a shiny rock in there that was worth blah gold...like it was at the Eldorado Campout run by BAMC. But when the event is done, the countries have to decide who gets the gold. It could all be done by writ.

Heck, if the High King puts the event on, he could demand that all participating countries put in 100 gold and then he could put 75 gold for each country participating into the chests. That way, he's guaranteeing the competition and making some money at the same time.
Sir Gwydion, Baron of Gladesedge
Sometime mistaken for Avlis, Ranger of the Woods of Elidor (also of Gladesedge)

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-27

Would keep people playing for longer. Though these sorts of events have a lot of "ditching". Would suck getting autobalanced to the losing team after more or less winning the gold for the team you get tranferred from. The gold split isnt bad, so long as it's per round. If people leave, "f" 'em. Only the countries still represented on the field get a split.

More rounds with less pay. Rather than less rounds with more pay.

Xunyl
Darkonian

Post by Xunyl » 2012-04-28

I dig the weighted object idea, I'd really like to see this happen. Though each object should have an Elder specifically watching them who can call hold at anything they feel makes the situation unsafe, or disallow a player to be a carrier if it's noted that they are inadvertantly endangering themselves or others. (Looking fatigued, red faced, ect.)

As for safety rules I'd say something along the lines of...

1. The object has to be a "soft" object with no hard corners. (Sand bag, punching bag.)

2. The carrier must carry the object with both hands.

3. Carrier must have all fully functioning limbs to move the bag.

4. The carrier can not fight or actively defend with a shield/buckler while caring the object.

5. Courtesy hits can be employed upon the carrier. (Especially in the instance of two-handed or any other such heavy weapons.)

6. The carrier can not be grappled, shield based or have a non-combat tactic used upon their person.

7. The object can't be carried any higher than waist or chest height. (If done so the carrier is considered
mortally wounded.)

8. The carrier can not run with said object.

9. If the carrier is killed or loses a limb the object must be promptly (But safely) placed on the ground and never just dropped.

10. The carriers corpse can not obstruct the object. (I.E. Die and lay on top of it.)

11. If the Elder notes action of a slain or mortally wounded carrier that seems to be intentionally dawdling the game is halted and the bag is moved 10feet (Or whatever fair increment.) toward the official capture point.

12. Finally, you know your own body, personal capabilities and remember you signed a saftey wavier. If you can not/should not lift heavy objects or are unsure if you are able to do so without endangering yourself or others then don't. Darkon is just a game, so keep the safety of yourself and your fellow Darkonians first and foremost.

And for violations just penalize the offender by having the object moved in the direction that is unfavorable to said offender. Continued infractions lead to a player being benched and after that the weighted event is stopped and the game is changed something more safe and said player is thanked by the realm as a whole.
Chosen Blood soldier.

We are beyond the notions of; good, evil, light or darkness.
There is only order, pure and absolute.

For The Order.
http://www.wix.com/chosenblood/dwc

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-28

meh, too many rules.
if you can do it, do it. If you can carry 50 lbs one handed and fight, do it. That's why I like the sand bag, we just need to keep people from dragging it, so it doesnt get punctured.

Ericson
Darkonian

Post by Ericson » 2012-04-28

Sand bag would be way too easy to grab and run. Carrying an extra 50 lbs isn't all that hard, especially when you only have to run a few hundred feet. Perhaps instead of focusing on all these safety rules, make it something so hard to lift and carry that it takes multiple people using both hands to do it. No extra rules would be needed. Common courtesy would be nice, as I personally would rather not get hit by a black sword on my heavy-object-carrying hand and dropping it on my foot.

Punching bag filled with sand would be a good one. Probably a 4-person lift, no way to run with it.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

not at all against that, just would be harder to get down there, and harder, more costly to supply (unless someone wants to offer up 2 heavy bags)

sand bags would be cheaper, easily available, and not upsetting if they get ruined. Also there would be a huge weight increase from the usual 3 lb banner pole.

Dunno, if i get the chance- I will look into some sorts of objects we can use that is cheap and easily available.

Ericson
Darkonian

Post by Ericson » 2012-04-28

Keep your eyes open for a large fallen tree.

jayjay
Darkonian

Post by jayjay » 2012-04-28

potato used some weight lifting disks he already had. two 25lb ones duct taped together. they looked ugly, but got the job done.
jayjay
No Quarter!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

sooooo... I'm certain that 40% of darkon USED to work out. How many of you USED to lift weights? *)

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-28

Ive heard Thrush can do pint sized curls pretty well...

jayjay
Darkonian

Post by jayjay » 2012-04-29

fingers630 wrote:Ive heard Thrush can do pint sized curls pretty well...

and fingers just won the thread!
jayjay
No Quarter!

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-04-30

fingers630 wrote:Ive heard Thrush can do pint sized curls pretty well...

12 oz curl master, right here!

Thrush
beerserk
Warriors Guild

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-30

So is someone bringing heavy flags?