Directions to Roundtree?

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Dhurkan Toj Akhari

Directions to Roundtree?

Post by Dhurkan Toj Akhari » 2012-06-16

There isn't a link on the events page. Does anyone know directions from laurel, or have an address? My thanks in advance.

Darll

Re: Directions to Roundtree?

Post by Darll » 2012-06-16

7201 state crest drive annadale va 22003
Ranger
Cobbler Maker of Kindred
Quarter Master of Kindred
OB, OD

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-06-16

seriously why dont we have working links to sites? no link, no event there.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-06-17

fingers630 wrote:seriously why dont we have working links to sites? no link, no event there.

Stupid remark Thom.

Thom, since you are obviously volunteering, how about I send you the files and you get them all set up. I mean it is obvious you know how since you are bitching so much about it.

See - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=395
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Darll wrote:7201 state crest drive annadale va 22003

StateCrest is one word. You can also use 7100-7106 Valleycrest Blvd
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-06-17

Lord Dubh wrote:
fingers630 wrote:seriously why dont we have working links to sites? no link, no event there.

Stupid remark Thom.

Thom, since you are obviously volunteering, how about I send you the files and you get them all set up. I mean it is obvious you know how since you are bitching so much about it.

LOL stupid remark? The website has been up for how long? We have had Roundtree planned for how long? Not having a linked direction (which we had on the DUMB mind you) is a fail.

Im not EB. There are 5 of you and you have been in office for 6 months. I dont complain often about the EB but this is your guys failing, not mine.

Ericson
Darkonian

Post by Ericson » 2012-06-17

I can send the EB a "HTML for Dummies" if it would be of any assistance.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

fingers630 wrote:
Lord Dubh wrote:

Stupid remark Thom.

LOL stupid remark? The website has been up for how long? We have had Roundtree planned for how long? Not having a linked direction (which we had on the DUMB mind you) is a fail.

Im not EB. There are 5 of you and you have been in office for 6 months. I dont complain often about the EB but this is your guys failing, not mine.

When people come to me with complaints about something not being done, I ask them one question. What do you propose to do to help fix it? No idea? Then it gets added to the list of things I would like to do when I get a free moment.

Organizations like ours do not run on the elected board members alone. It requires a staff of volunteers to do all the minor stuff like maintain the website, moderate the forums and even be an event elder to make sure things are running smoothly and people are having fun. Finding those volunteers is sometimes a job unto itself.

As for the website, it has taken a back seat to other more pressing matters. Some game related, some not. Recent posts about this topic reminded me that it really did need to be updated so I put out a call for a volunteer to do the job. The previous webmaster never stepped forward to take his position back but lucky for me someone else has, doesn't mean we can't have more than one so I am still open to another volunteer.

As for your comment 'no link, no event there.', I found it inappropriate and possibly even misleading. I doubt anyone would take you seriously but people have done sillier things.

Ericson wrote:I can send the EB a "HTML for Dummies" if it would be of any assistance.

I know HTML, but with Dreamweaver it is not really needed. What is needed is time. Which people seem to fail to get. The EB is busy. we meet monthly and have been working on many side projects to benefit Darkon as well as working full time and some even going to school. This is the way of volunteer organizations. Which is why I ask for volunteers.

Keep your eyes out for other possible positions to help serve the Club and provide continuity from Board to Board, because that is what a staff in a club such as our would do.

John M

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-06-18

As for your comment 'no link, no event there.', I found it inappropriate and possibly even misleading. I doubt anyone would take you seriously but people have done sillier things.

LOL inappropriate, and misleading eh? It seems you took it to heart though, so mission accomplished :lol:

Note that we no long use Roundtree, we use Valleycrest Part within Holmes Run Stream Park.

And THANK YOU for the thankless job(s) you do to keep the club running Mr. Machate. More people need to step up in this game and contribute other than showing up.

Ericson
Darkonian

Post by Ericson » 2012-06-18

Lord Dubh wrote:What is needed is time..... Which is why I ask for volunteers.
John M

I would have volunteered, as I have the time and skills. However based on attitude veteran players towards anyone with less than 5 years in the game, I really have little interest in any serious committment towards the club. Maybe an overall better attitude towards newer players could go a long way towards finding that sort of help.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Siren
Darkonian

Post by Siren » 2012-06-19

When it comes to veteran players and their attitudes towards newer players volunteering their time, the best thing to do is more or less ignore them.

I've been playing barely 6 years, but I started volunteering for the game after only playing for 6 months. The people who need the help and volunteers won't turn down your help, especially if you are knowledgeable on the subject matter at hand.

This game needs way more volunteers than we currently have and that means everything from marshal positions and the EB, to simple things like eldering and offering help on ooc or pieces of the game that occur away from the sites we fight at-like updating the website.

I can't speak for the game as a whole, but I think that offering your help on something like the website-especially since you've already said you had the time and ability-wouldn't be automatically turned down simply because you are a newer player.

Truth be told, without the new players today Darkon would fade away in a matter of years.
~Siren

Az'Sirenythe Azuviir Kreatondaughter
Warrior of Ched Nasad
Leader of the Myrmidon Entertainment Guild
Sailing Master of the CNS. IHM. Eastern Pride
Way too many other titles to list here...

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-06-19

~Siren is dead on ... never let someone else dictate how you volunteer your time to something you like doing :) We all started at some point - and many vet players love to see newer players step up that is the whole reason the noble council started the squire position to help those newer players to get a foot hold into the door to noblity by allowing them the time to volunteer to help the game. I for one look forward to seeing newer players volunteering!
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-06-19

And Siren should know. She always steps up to help, and doesn't bitch (too much anyway) when I volunteer her for extra duty. Thanks again for the help at campout check in Siren.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-06-19

New players who volunteer and are diligent, active, talented and competent = go-getters
New players who volunteer and are lazy,absent, inept and incompetent = ??????