Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Re: NQ is defunct

Post by Inox » 2012-09-24

How? I know there were a lot more than 4 of us there yesterday.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2012-09-24

No Banner/Elder tunic was shown.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-09-24

Hey, at least you guys have your "country write up" together already.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-09-24

A banner is one thing, but don't you think the elder tunic is a bit silly since they ran the tournament?
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Captain Igmund
Darkonian

Post by Captain Igmund » 2012-09-24

Another reason why several country members should have it sewn on the obverse side of thierr tunic..many years ago AQ was bitten buy that same rule. It is part of the requirements. It sucks, but failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-09-24

Yeah Siren is making my new surcoat with a reversible Elder tunic on the inside cause Im lazy like that.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-09-24

We're not a country so it's not a requirement, but our House Dubh tabards are all white on the inside for just that reason - never know when an extra elder will be needed.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-09-25

Whatever...

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Never laugh when a hearse goes by...

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-09-25

Seeing them listed four times in the "past countries" page is bound to provoke some head scratching among visiting non-Darkonians.

There is something to be said for perserverence.

I think you guys should refound as "New New New New No Quarter!"
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-09-25

Point of Precedence:

When Chendrolyn accidentally went defunct one year the Senate and EB voted to allow them to remain as if they did not go defunct.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-09-25

Let me reiterate

NQ Is Defunct!
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2012-09-25

What John says is true, I think it was circa 1999, we were waining. reinstatement was granted before it could be asked for, but nonetheless, we were graced at that time. once. We never came close to it again.

President

Post by President » 2012-09-25

Then allow me to use this voice.

If the Senate were to allow NQ to be restored as they were prior to going defunct, I would support it in the EB.

I would also like to see a policy in place that requires the Land Marshal to inform the country leader one event before the country goes defunct. (This may already be in place and if it is then GREAT). Yes, I am still angry about Valdimar. :evil:

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2012-09-25

My two cents....
I know at the campout it was said to a NQ rep that this issue was possible.

I lost a country to this same thing but the land Marshall told me two events after being defuct even tho we had checked in banner and elders tunic the whole time. But the records showed that we didn't have 4 dudes one event or a banner the next then a e.tunic after... It seemed fishy to me but my people were wanning and someone form another country "tricked" me into fielding with them. So I did argue.

Is NQ that bothered... I'm sure the answer is NO. If they are let them take it to senate.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-09-25

To the best of my knowledge, NQ! had little to no assets on the land map. Therefore, this defunct status is nothing more than giving them the ability to teleport their nation to somewhere else in Darkon.

That said, I've lost count of the number of times I've had to scramble to make sure we had our banner and elder tunic for check-in to make sure we made country. If NQ doesn't want to go defunct then they should take it seriously.

I would gladly vote in favor of reverting their status if they humbly admit their error in failing to keep their * straight and give assurances that they will do their best to keep it from happening again. If the general response is a mix of indignance and apathy(indignathy?), however, then the vote will be no.

Now, if NQ were just to start a war, they would also have to make sure they made country every event. This, in turn, would keep them from going defunct. One more among many reasons war is good for Darkon.
Chosen Blood Officer

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-09-25

So what you are saying is that someone should attack NQ..

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-09-26

NQ has been attending alot, this issue is over lack of banner and elder tunics. I can remember long stretches of Darkon past where these were never checked by the LM or Magistrate. I don't fault Snudge in the least, he is an awesome LM, very active, enthused and diligent. By the rules, they went defunct.

I do wonder if this very rule is just antiquated. Okay, they had no elder tunic at this event. But one of them did run the entire Commoner's Tourney, which had 65+ participants. The clipboard pretty much worked as a sign that "Hey, this is an elder" And banners...if they are going to be required to be used for some function, I can understand requiring them be present. But we do not require them to be used at battles, in land events, or demand they be used at campouts. So, really, what's the point?

4 people in surcoats has always been a tried and true test of a country's active status. This other stuff...I don't see the point. If we want to say, in order to land search or invade, you must have a banner present and plant that thing in the ground before lay-on is called, I am cool with that. If we want to say, you can only have camp walls if you have a banner displayed, I am cool with that. But requiring it to be seen every 5 events is just pointless.
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-09-26

And Saris is right. They own few assets. If they wanted to be asshats they could hop around the map every 6th event wreaking havoc and generally making fun of things, making extra work for the LM for no good reason. Is it a good thing that our rules would allow such a thing?
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-09-26

"So what you are saying is that someone should attack NQ.."

Not a good idea. Launching a war against NQ would carry the same complication as going after "The Black Fortress" in Krull.

Anyone who doesn't understand that reference needs to stop whatever they are doing and go watch that movie right now.
Chosen Blood Officer

jayjay
Darkonian

Post by jayjay » 2012-09-26

Sir Caetrel wrote:N If we want to say, in order to land search or invade, you must have a banner present and plant that thing in the ground before lay-on is called, I am cool with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTduy7Qkvk8 - do you have a flag? no flag, no country!
jayjay
No Quarter!

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-09-26

jayjay wrote:
Sir Caetrel wrote:N If we want to say, in order to land search or invade, you must have a banner present and plant that thing in the ground before lay-on is called, I am cool with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTduy7Qkvk8 - do you have a flag? no flag, no country!

Thank you!!

Now...Cake or Death?
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-09-26

When I was taking the "banner counts" , I specifically made it abundantly clear that the COUNTRY is responsible to show me their banner and tunic. The costume marshal should not have to work in order to make sure someone else's country has their * in order. If you want me to make sure your banner and elder tunic is checked in: join my country.

I have instructed the costume marshals serving under me to do the same. They are not to " look out and see people with surcoatts and bbanners etc", they need to ensure that each player is checked in, and we all know late check in doesnt count towards making country. They count surcoats at check in, which is where they should be counting the other effects. You give a rip about your squad? Show up before 1255 and ask if everything is turned in.

I am over people acting like this is tough. It is not, you just need to "almost care" once every three months.

As for expecting the LM to remind players.... I think thats just silly. If the people in the country cant remember to get it done, you want a guy who's already working on plenty of other * that doesnt involve players being absent minded to add more work to his docket. Roflcopter
Snudge has pretty much been spot on, he didnt remind me to declare my invasion force before 1pm once... and I lost my invasion. Did it happen again? Nope. Try going to the MVA and asking people who get paid to keep your records to work harder remind you when your things are going down the *. Now take away the "getting paid" part......

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-09-26

Also:
I would only take it to senate if you feel that the LM/Costume marshals are in error.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-09-26

I am over people acting like this is tough. It is not, you just need to "almost care" once every three months.

Bingo. NQ has what, 4.5 nobles in it, including a Prince of the Realm, a Duke, AND the King! Every 2 months bring out a white cloth with ELDER written on it, and a flag. Problem solved.