What's so imprtant about Elders?

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
President

What's so imprtant about Elders?

Post by President » 2012-10-18

Having Elders for the Crown War seems to be a concern.

I have to ask why? No one seems to care we only have one elder for 150 people for two-teams. Do people cheat more during land wars or crown wars? Do we not care about safety and rule enforcement during non-war activity??

Why are we not concerned that we don't have enough elders for regular events but for special events people get all "this is important"??

John M

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Re: What's so imprtant about Elders?

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2012-10-18

Yes, people are more likely to cheat when there are things on the line.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-10-18

It could be many things.

Perhaps, when the stakes are higher, people cheat more.

Or perhaps OTHERS THINK people cheat more, so they want more elders.

Look at pit fights, people said cheating was prevalent in them for years and now there are FOUR elders for pit fights. Four! Four elders for two people fighting when the only stake is a small gold prize and being "the winner".

But they were driven to getting that many elders due to complaints, etc. Maybe people were cheating, maybe they weren't... But people thought they were and now there are two elders per person. Wars can get that way too, even when there can't be any complaints (the first Empyrean-Chendrolyn action had ONE ELDER PER PERSON for a 6v6 fight - obviously there can't be complaints about the first one) and that is because people in this game think "when the stakes are high, people cheat, get more elders". Neither side requested ONE ELDER PER PERSON, but we were given that many because other people decided it was a good idea.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-10-19

Every country should send 1 person to be an elder, as is in the rulebook right? That should be a minimum of 8 elders for the battle. If someone has to miss a fight, sorry, thems the breaks.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

President

Post by President » 2012-10-19

Yes, that is what will happen.

I am just curious about why it is so important when no one seems to usually care.

It really makes all of the Participants of the game look bad since it implies we all cheat during special events.

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-10-19

Every big war that has ever occured has prompted the people moderating that war to request extra elders to help out. This is to try and make sure everything goes the best possible. This does not mean that people cheat but rather things occur that we do not normally see on the feild, seige engines as one example. In addition as stated before people tend to get more ramped up and when that occurs sometimes but not always things like area effect get a lil out of wack. This will be by far the biggest War our game has ever seen i hope and prey that win or loose everyone involved takes the energy to make sure what they are doing and what is occuring to them gets realized and accepted with no issues. Lets all make sure we abide by the rules and both respect the others that are on the field while we respect ourselves. Lets do our game proud.

Yes elders will be important - from monitoring poison usage to area effect some times these things are hard to monitor and keep track of on a much smaller scale then we are about to see.
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++