Next event...

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
ylinett
Darkonian

Next event...

Post by ylinett » 2012-10-22

In accordance with Article 4, section G of our bylaws which read:

"g) The Tome of Existence and Club financial records are to be present for open inspection at all the meetings. The Tome may be brought to Senate meetings by the Magistrate if requested;"

I formally request that the Tome (and financial records) be brought to the next Senate meeting so that they may be inspected.
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Re: Next event...

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-10-22

Request noted. May I ask why? With everything we have going on this event could this request not wait until the next meeting? As Magistrate and therefore the one who has to make this request, I am tempted to not ask for them to be there unless you have a compelling reason they need to be here this coming event.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2012-10-22

It may be pertinent to the election which is also held on the 4th.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-10-22

Sir Aethilgar wrote:It may be pertinent to the election which is also held on the 4th.

That was my general thought, too.

Especially considering Yaron was on the EB this year and is running for an EB position next year as well.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-10-22

The elections should be moved till after the crown war and noble fights... Been sayin' it...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-10-22

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:The elections should be moved till after the crown war and noble fights... Been sayin' it...

Thrush
berserk

Except we can't. The bylaws state they are held the first event of November.
High Priest of Thor
Field Marshal
President 2013

Zentor

Post by Zentor » 2012-10-22

Think he meant later in the day. But too many people leave early.

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2012-10-22

Its simple, if you want a say in who runs the game for the next 6 months, don't * out and go home at 3. If you want to go home at 3, don't complain about who gets voted in.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-10-24

John is attempting to call an EB meeting prior to Senate, so they are required to be there. I have no interest in the Tome; but I and I think most of Darkon would like to examine the financial records.
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-10-27

Well now, since we want to quote the bylaws without all the information and I as magistrate (currently) get to interpret them, let me clarify :

The section referred to is actually Article 4 Section 1 Sub-section g. Now as to why that is important : Section 1 is, and I quote, "The Executive Board ". Seems very clear to me that said records must be present at EB meetings, NOT senate meetings. And that is the way I am interpreting that section of the bylaws.

Further, there is nothing in the bylaws that states the financial records ever have to come to a senate meeting. The section quoted specifically says the Tome may be brought to Senate meetings at the Magistrates request. It says nothing about the financial records.

So, consider this my interpretation if the bylaws :

The club is under no obligation to print the Tome out for general inspection. The records on the database accessed

electronically is sufficient.

2) The "for inspection " refers to EB meetings. I do not believe anyone ever intended Senate to go through all of the records and find out who plays what at what level. If you believe someone has cheated their numbers, bring it to the attention of an EB member.

3) The club is under no obligation to share financial records according to the bylaws. That said, John M. has already asked that the financial records be ready for the Senate meeting as of the 3rd quarter numbers. So while I disagree with the interpretation that Senate is entitled to open inspection of the financial records, I agree Senate has the right to know where we stand and support providing the information to Senate.
High Priest of Thor
Field Marshal
President 2013

President

Post by President » 2012-10-28

It is the intent of this EB to have our basic financial records available on the web so folks can see what it costs to keep this game running and to prevent "losses" that we can't explain. At this time it will be the quarterly reports starting with 3rdQ 2102 which will be the most accurate.

This will satisfy legal requirements as well as requirements in the proposed bylaws.

John M.