the castle for crown war

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

the castle for crown war

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-11-02

Hi all, in the past anytime the eb needed a castle they contacted me to see if I could bring things for the walls and last time the Kings keep feilded I used some materials that I had previously used to run a commoners tournament to do the walls and gates.

That being said I have not been contacted to bring things - this time is the kings forces going to bring the materials to build the keep? and the gate? I ask cause as it looks now I will have a vehical filled to the brink with gear for this and am not 100% sure I have room. I will also be bringing the noble ring as we have fights that day that will occur.

Please tell me I do not have to worry about bringing a castle too :)

In service,
Cailen :)

Ps.... if I do not hear that you all need a fort I will assume that you all will have one :) so tell your friends and make sure you all line up what you need or ask for help please
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

President

Re: the castle for crown war

Post by President » 2012-11-02

The Land Marshal is responsible for the equipment for the fortifications.

That being said I expect we will have to use the tournament ring equipment for the Castle as well as whatever anyone else brings to make it larger. I expect us to need to increase the size of the castle to accommodate the event.

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-11-03

the ring is a pain in the rear to set up and take down and takes time - it will be best if the castle is set up in advance by volunteers and seperate from the ring so we are good to go and do not have to wait to set up the keep in case it needs to be used that way there is no down time during the days events
I will be arriving early to set up the noble ring and to my knowledge it will be in use till the crown war starts in a seperate area
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Lynx-
Darkonian

Post by Lynx- » 2012-11-03

I will be bringing close to 300ft of rope for use tomorrow.

Edit* cause of spelling errors

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-11-03

land marshal isn't responsible for fortifications for a crown war, its not a land event or part of the land rules.
Nobles will be running this, and they are responsible for it.
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-11-03

Thank you snudge for the info that is what I thought and I had not heard anyone request me to bring anything and didnt want to leave the king in a lurch if it gets to the fort fight... as of now we have 8 poles for the ring fight and Lynx is bringing 300' rope so having those 2 on site should take care of things we will need volunteers to pull the ring after it is used while the senate is going and place the fort in case it needs to be used later ... we can just put the posts in and leave the rope off it untill it is verified it needs to be used or not

thank you lynx

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-11-04

Since the darkon facebook decided to post that I do not have the materials, for which I am not responsible. I would like to direct your attention here

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=340

this is the thread I started in May asking questions about crown war. Note the second post by the president of the club. "Like the ring fights this would be run by the NC" You can then refer to page 2
"The NC spent a lot of time on this topic over the course of a year before it went to Senate. How about they get tested before people start trying to change them?

Clarifications have been made and will be added to the printing once (if) approved by Senate."

We have known crown war was coming, I have been told that it was a noble event and did not fall under land rules. During the entire time between crown war declared and tomorrow has any noble or elected official come to me to ask for my help, or even input on this event. No. Therefore you cannot proceed to blame me or the office of land marshal for any wrong doing. 24 hours notice through a FB message, is not a reliable or official way to contact me.

I've been accused of not being a team player. You could make an argument for this, but I'll argue right back that you can't accuse me of that, if you didn't invite me to play on the team.

In closing, thanks Cailen for bringing posts, and Lynx for bringing rope.
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

President

Post by President » 2012-11-04

Thanks to everyone who chipped in to help.

As President, I expect the Land Marshal to possess the materials needed to do the job, such as ropes and posts for fortifications. Doesn't matter if they get used by the NC for the Crown War or by the LM for fortifications in land wars.

While the LM is not responsible for Eldering or putting together the Crown War, I asked the LM to bring the materials he had for fortifications to the event so we could use them. I even authorized him to purchase said materials if he did not have enough.

The response I got was the same passive-aggressive "it's not my job" comment he made in his post above. I asked for your help. You refused. That makes you not a team player.

So here are the facts, taken from the forum post and a FB conversation that really had no place being public.

1) The President made a last minute request of the Land Marshal to bring items for the siege.
2) The Land Marshal does not possess the materials needed to perform his duties (ropes and poles for sieges)
3) When asked for assistance by the President, the Land Marshal flat out refusal to help.
4) The President pointed out on FB that the LM did not have the supplies and requested people to bring what they could.

So for Travis: The most appropriate and professional response you could have made was to simply tell me that you did not have the supplies nor time to get them. Simple, true and without all the whiny passive-aggressive finger pointing. I would have not thought less of you for it nor been angry that you didn't have them for the Crown War.

All that aside, if you do not have supplies for fortifications then you should buy the materials and bring the treasurer the receipts and they make sure you don't lose the materials.

Have a great Darkon day....

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-11-05

FTR-

As someone heavily involved in the land map, I can state with certainty that Snudge is the most dedicated and professional land marshal we've had since I started playing.

I can't speak on any personal disagreements between EB members, but it may be best to keep them to private communications.
Chosen Blood Officer

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-05

Saris Fey-Branche wrote:FTR-

I can state with certainty that Snudge is the most dedicated and professional land marshal we've had since I started playing.

Seconded.
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''