Props to Bellum Aeternus I organizers and vendors

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Joybringer

Props to Bellum Aeternus I organizers and vendors

Post by Joybringer » 2012-11-18

I didn't get to stay nearly as long as I wanted, but I had a blast the entire time I was there. Kick the Can was awesome, and the multi-bridge battle was epic! The vendors had some excellent wares for sale. If I'd had a pocketful of cash our vendors would have had it all.

So, to the organizers and staff of BA1 I give a hearty thank you and I can't wait to see what's in store next time. Your hard work and dedication made this one of the most memorable events I've ever attended.

Also, my wife is a professional photographer and shot ~60GB worth of fighting, politicking, and people. When she gets them organized and posted I'll throw up a link.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Re: Props to Bellum Aeternus I organizers and vendors

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-18

Yeah, it was awesome. I'm glad there were several non-fighting people there that were either professionals or had professional gear and were taking photos - I'd love to have done a lot more myself but holy *, the scenario battles were all too much fun!

Hail the BA committee.

Lealian

Post by Lealian » 2012-11-19

Thanks again for the awesome event! I had a blast and lot of my O.R.C.S. brethren did the same. I look forward to next year! It was like a LARP only ren faire and 10x better.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-19

Well done all! We should play kick the can more often... also, lets just do scenarios more often... SO much better than 2 teams or much less country battles.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2012-11-19

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:also, lets just do scenarios more often... SO much better than 2 teams or much less country battles.

Thrush
berserk

Quite so!
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-19

Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

TitusV
Darkonian

Post by TitusV » 2012-11-19

Hope it was worth their while. I would have bought food but the lines were really long each time I looked.

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2012-11-19

As you know we passed out prizes to many individuals and groups for helping with the event. I wioshj we could pass out more as there were many others who helped out as well. A big thanks to all who stepped up to elder a battle ( or 2 in a few cases! ). You guys made the scenario battles complete. I hope in the future we can do more battles such as these even during day events to break up the monotony of two teams a little bit.

Congratulations Darkon for your first Bellum Aeternes event complete! and I believe someone at the event yesterday said it best, " Bellum had everything, If you were not having fun you were not doing Bellum right"

Hail Darkon!
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2012-11-19

Kai Firebrand wrote:Hail Darkon!

And hail Kai, Tyriel, Yaron, Caetrel, and Kiera for making it happen!
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-11-19

Agreed, props to all involved. Despite the fact that whatever it is that I pulled in my leg has left me basically unable to walk, I had an amazing time. My wife did as well and she can't even fight anymore so that should tell you how much else there was to do. I can't wait for next year and look forward to doing all I can as president in the coming year to make it even bigger and better. Great job all!
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Calus
Darkonian

Post by Calus » 2012-11-19

Between the Crown War and Bellum, this month will go down as the funnest in my Darkonian career. Mad props to everyone who played a role in the organization of both events.
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Captain Igmund
Darkonian

Post by Captain Igmund » 2012-11-20

Thank you and Well Done, to all involved. I saw a lot of old faces on the field, and I was too busy fighting to say hello, other than a parting nod or hey wow. Next year I'm planning on staying longer and damn, am I sore. Awesome fun day.

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-11-20

Yeah, I had a ton-O-fun! I even had fun in the bridge battle (which pretty much never happens). I ended up checking just after the bridge battle though, cuz my (newly repaired) Greatsword and (front arm) Buckler blew out. Props to everyone who hosted and helped make the event work.

It'd be nice to see some stats on everything...Like: How the vendors did (i.e. would they return or not), overall $$$ brought in to Darkon for the event, how much of that ridiculously huge food truck ended up getting filled, how many warroris we had exactly (I heard around 400...?), how many came from other games, and how many were from Darkon (out of that, how many of those were over the age of 39 and hadn't come out in years...LOL) etc... etc...

Thanks again for an awesome event!
RH Malkin

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-20

Agreed, stats would be fun!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-20

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:https://twitter.com/Wiseguyscafe/status/270517110176878592

Thrush
berserk

I'm not surprised. When I got in line RIGHT AFTER kick the can ended, I got to the front to find out that they were already out of onions and peppers. That's a pretty serious amount of food being bought.

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-11-20

Wraith will have the numbers. When check-in closed we had less than 10 of the 400 event tokens left, and late check-in cleaned them out. People checked in late after that and we had no tokens to give out. So we are looking at 400+ checked in to participate. This does not include vendors, entertainers and spectators.

We'll have an official report when we recover. We (the Bellum committee) have a long laundry list of stuff to do better/ different in the future. There are some challenges in having that many people at an event. We learned alot.
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-11-20

Yep had a blast, thanks Gerard and committee for putting on a fun event. Did the bathrooms hold up to the onslaught of 400 darkonians? I didnt hear any complaints and they seemed ok at 2pm when I visited.

Can we get a list of the vendors up somewhere on the website, with links to their websites maybe? In case some people had a small browsing time but were out fighting and missed buying something?

Ive heard nothing but great things about the event.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Sir Caetrel
President

fingers630 wrote:Yep had a blast, thanks Gerard and committee for putting on a fun event. Did the bathrooms hold up to the onslaught of 400 darkonians? I didnt hear any complaints and they seemed ok at 2pm when I visited.

Can we get a list of the vendors up somewhere on the website, with links to their websites maybe? In case some people had a small browsing time but were out fighting and missed buying something?

Ive heard nothing but great things about the event.

There bathroom situation was okay, and there were 2 extra porta-pots by the barn. There were people who did not know there were bathrooms too, I heard, and just used the portapots.

There is a vendor list on www.darkon.org (but no links) but on the FB Bellum page Yaron lists links to the vendors. The vendors were mostly very happy.
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-20

If anyone needs any advice on how to deal with tons of foam nerds, some of us might have some experience in running much bigger events. Just offering.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Sir Caetrel
President

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:If anyone needs any advice on how to deal with tons of foam nerds, some of us might have some experience in running much bigger events. Just offering.

Thrush
berserk

Thanks man, we will take you up on that. We can do alot more next year, and it is going to be alot of work.
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-21

Any time!!!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild