World Plot 2013

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Solomon Kane

World Plot 2013

Post by Solomon Kane » 2012-12-03

Good evening everyone! I am sure folks everywhere are curious about the next world plot for Darkon, and would like to make suggestions. So I thought I would start a thread here.

My idea for a world plot would be called Dragons Rising. Dragon Flights would be seen all over darkon$ why have these beasts awaken in force? Why are they razing every country? They seem to be searching for something or someone.....

Just an idea, but I am trying to get more involved in every aspect of darkon....let's toss around some ideas and get the ball rolling for next year.
Swordbrother of Asaheim

Vyr "Shadowolf" Zankorel- Psychic Warrior

"I would rather die standing than live on my knees"- Emiliano Zapata

Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: World Plot 2013

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-12-04

The biggest problem is dragons suck balls to fight in Darkon... they aren't fun.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-12-04

Yep and arent particularly hard with a large enough group. Undead was cool but with the abundance of Holy Weapons and things like USG and that Kindred Turn Undead banner, they were killed far too easily.

I am working on an ongoing land event that I am going to try to run in 2013 should there be interest.

Lots of NPCs on the chart to incorporate into a plot. Daemon invasion, Orcish/Goblinoid Horde, Angry Peasants...
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-12-04

fingers630 wrote:I am working on an ongoing land event that I am going to try to run in 2013 should there be interest.

Lots of NPCs on the chart to incorporate into a plot. Daemon invasion, Orcish/Goblinoid Horde, Angry Peasants...

That sounds awesome.

One idea I had after reading it:

If you do things based on the land map, if there is a mine, the peasants from there should get swords and swing red, because they're using mining picks.

Krendyn

Post by Krendyn » 2012-12-04

One word: Aliens
Line officer of Chosen Blood

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-12-04

LOL then Tyriel and Kai could wear their cowboy hats!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-12-04

I am not 100% sure, but Cailen is looking into something that may need to be tied into/become the basis of the world plot.

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2012-12-04

I like the notion of tying in the world plot to raising those new Islands Cailen is talking about IC. Possibly bringing up something unexpected. Treasure? Doom? Neat Dungeons to explore? Who knows?

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-12-04

Within 2 weeks will have the islands sorted out ... over 30 people have access to the discussion group and if you want to be involved in it please send me a fb note or a note in here looks like it will be fun ... not take up too much time will make the overall land sessions (for 8 months) be easier on the land marshal and run quicker because of less indivual events being done and can be added to or run totally seperate but at the same time as the world plot for 2013.

It is a voluntary mod for warring with teams from 1 to 6 members on a team - 8 islands each a lil different - new creatures to be cleared before anyone can collect war points - a single country can send in 8 teams to represent it if they have that many people chosing which island to go war on smaller countries will have to weigh in the pros and cons of each island and the restrictions on each to cherry pick where they want to enter and compete... ect :) No indivual country or retinue will be able to send more then one team to any indivual island. So smaller countries will have equal numbers as others when they go to chose a Island to fight on.

All the islands are set up same time and all people in the mod take a random place on each island by tokens that are keyed to the island they want to go to. The tokens are passeges threw a portal pole to the islands for each team. It will be run like blood of heros in that a gong will be struck to time all the battles happening simaltainusly. You have to be the last standing team or indivual to win on that island - points will be tallied and added to overall scores for the duration of the mod running and titles and prizes will be given in the end for winning and possibly other things.

In service,
HRM Cailen Sendor
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-12-04

How will this make my job easier?
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-12-04

I think they should make islands to fight on inside the islands in case people's feelings get too hurt over fighting for islands.
Chosen Blood Officer

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-12-04

Saris Fey-Branche wrote:I think they should make islands to fight on inside the islands in case people's feelings get too hurt over fighting for islands.

I wouldn't complain about this too much, it could get you somewhere... I know how much you love war and all. You guys could claim a certain island as your own, demanding that you hold it and nobody else can have it, and if anybody tries to fight you on it, you could call it an act of aggression and go to war with them.

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

If Patrick comes to Darkon in full King Candy regalia Chosen Blood will vote for this in Senate.

Board game version, not cgi Disney movie.

That's the deal; take it or leave it.
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-12-04

Snudge wrote:How will this make my job easier?

I THINK based on other conversations these would be 'events' with Elders from the World Plot Committee or what ever group is responsible for running it or some other source and not something you have to manage. The thought is it may reduce the number of land events you have to manage??

Still reading everything but I think that is the gist
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

yes Lord Dubh has it exactly correct ...

to participate you will not be able to do a offensive land action that event

we will; set up and elder these mini events

they as a whole will not run more then 30 minutes front to back even with getting people into position

as a whole each day event you will have a decreased amount of events you will have to monitor and deal with
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

running a google image search on "King Candy regalia" I get everything from the nutcracker mouse king to burger king ... please be more specific cause little do you know I am the only player to show up in full armor and head to to lace... dont tempt me ... I am thinking candy canes glued to the breast plate...

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Lord Cailen Sendor wrote:running a google image search on "King Candy regalia" I get everything from the nutcracker mouse king to burger king ... please be more specific cause little do you know I am the only player to show up in full armor and head to to lace... dont tempt me ... I am thinking candy canes glued to the breast plate...

Slightly misspelled that, my bad.

Do Google image search "King Kandy". That guy.
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-12-05

not to bad but I hate purple makes me look fat lol

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-12-05

Okay, that one doesn't even have candy on him, come on. These are important nerf battle futures at stake.

It seems that you look down far enough in that search, you get chicks in bikinis. Everything comes full circle.
Chosen Blood Officer

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

and a weird pic of a fat naked guy with a loly pop I was assuming you didnt mean that one! !!!

ROFL

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

if you add "costume" after the name you get better choices...

and I know that guy probably drives a van with "free candy inside" written on the side!
Last edited by Lord Cailen Sendor on 2012-12-05, edited 1 time in total.

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2012-12-05

I suppose it would probably be difficult to do any image search on Google that didn't end with chicks in bikinis and fat naked guys with lollipops. These are the internets, after all.
Chosen Blood Officer

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-12-05

Sounds good to me. If you need a copy of the current monster charts to give you an idea of where you want to go with monsters let me know. Be happy to provide them

Also do you want these islands on the map?
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-12-05

Lord Cailen Sendor wrote:and a weird pic of a fat naked guy with a loly pop I was assuming you didnt mean that one! !!!

ROFL

I call dibs on that!

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

snudge would be nice to have them on the map as a locator and for rp ... but they are about the size of 3 large ships each - they each will only be accessable threw the portal - they have a crystal see threw "bubble" around thier edge not allowing passage of anything threw the crystal wall

so they are like a ship really boats can pass threw the hex they are in but they can only pull up, set up a chair on deck and watch what is going on inside if they like :)

this is the current way we are leaning on it as a first run