1/27 Battle*edited*

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

1/27 Battle*edited*

Post by fingers630 » 2013-01-23

In addition to the normal Two Teams, below are two scenarios I will be running at the 1/27 battle. Can someone please be sure to bring some rope/string with spikes to mark off the bridge for scenario 2? Thank you.

Please note that spell casters spell points will reset at the beginning of the Bridge Scenario. Other than that, Adventure Rules are in effect for the day. Headband armor resets between battles just like armor does, however you must deduct the spell points for it if you had to recast it.

Scenario #1

Did that sound like Goblins to you?
Goblin Warboss Russell the Love Muscle has gathered a Night Goblin Horde and is descending from their mountainous caves. Unfortunately, your party decided to camp right in their path of destruction! Can you survive the Goblin Assault!?

Scenario:The chosen team will begin the scenario in the center of the 2 team field. As night has fallen, they are in a more relaxed state; however no one has stripped off armor or hung up their gear. They are allowed to precast any spells as per a typical Darkon Land Search encounter.
Once Lay on has been called, the team has heard a rumbling in the distance, and the hoots and hollers of the Horde as they are careening down the mountainside. At this point, they may begin casting spells as normal.
Due to the poor visual conditions of fighting at night, NO missile weapons are useable by either the team, or the Goblin Horde.

All goblins will be as the rulebook declares them, dying after the first hit to any location. The exception will be Russell, who will have his own rules explained to him by me at the start of the Scenario.
In addition, there will be at least one Goblin Shaman. Their rules will also be explained to them by me at the start of the scenario, and they will have limited magical abilities.

Goblins are forbidden from having any shield greater than 24 inches or using any weapon over 6ft in length.
The encounter will last until either the goblins run off, the defenders are slain, or the goblin horde is slain.

The Cheese Stands Alone
Due to their intense training in Goblin Fighting, the nation of Nurgle will stand alone vs the Goblin Horde. All other teams will consist of 2+ countries depending on size.

Scenario 2:
Trip, Trap, Trip, Trap
Cuddles, One-Nut and Cheeto were the happiest of goats. Spending their days getting fat off of the meadows in Southern Elidor, until a goblin horde marched through, tearing up the fields and leaving food in scarce supply.

The oldest of the three, One-Nut, heard tale of a vast meadow across the Honored T’Quinn Bridge, however they also heard that the bridge was guarded by fearsome trolls. So they did what any goats would do, and hired an army to protect them as they crossed.
Word of the Goat’s travel spread, and caught the ear of one Thrush Svartehjertet, traveling swordsman and purveyor of all things sheep like mammal related. Thrush coveted these Goats for the many hours of pleasure they would bring him. So Thrush hired his own army to capture the goats, and bring them back to The Mead Horn.

Scenario:
This will be a bridge battle in which Team A (led by three billy goats) tries to get across the bridge to the meadow. Team B, (led by Thrush) will oppose them. Each team will have a rez point behind their lines. All headband armor resets when you touch the rez point, as does armor hits, HOWEVER any other spells (pouch, protection, etc) must be Re-cast.

To mix and match the teams, when you die, you will go to the OPPOSITE TEAM’s rezpoint and rez. This means you will fight for the opposite team, at least until you are killed again.

Please note that any actions that happen during this scenario are in a vacuum, much like two teams, and should not influence anyone on a Role Playing front.

Team A will have 3 NPC billy goats. These goats are NON COMBATANTS and should not be attacked in any fashion, or grappled, etc. They will be marked in some fashion and explained they do not fight. They need to be handled by a PC at all times, and will not move (except for safety reasons) without a handler. In order for Team A to move a goat, a PC must place his or her hand on the goats shoulder, and have them walk them. You may not have any item in the hand that is on the goat’s shoulder when you are moving them, but your other hand may hold a shield, or weapon as normal.

Team B will have designated “ropers” for Thrush. They will be given small strips of rope to “capture” the goats. In order to capture a goat, they must hand them the rope, and say “I am Capturing you”. They can then instruct the goat to follow them as they walk away. They may not have any item in their hand that is holding the rope while leading the goats to Thrush’s goat pens. If at any time, they are killed, they are to hand their rope to an Elder before rezzing from the second team.

Rules for the Bridge:

There is NO AOE on the bridge with the exception of Dispel Magic. Any spell with that normally has an AOE will have its spell point cost reduced to ½ for the duration of the battle. This means it costs you 1 spell point, every other fireball you cast.

You may push people off the bridge. If you fall off the bridge or an elder says you have, you are dead. Go to the other side and rez.

Beware the Trolls!
Trolls live under the bridge, and they dislike loud noises. At various points, trolls may appear from under the bridge. Trolls have the same hits as they do in the Land Search Chart. Please note that Trolls are GIANT SIZED and as such, during this scenario unless you are giant sized as well, you MAY NOT grapple a troll. Anyone giant sized that is attempting to grapple a troll, the armor restrictions for grappling still apply. If you are wearing plate and the NPC has no armor on, you may not initiate a grapple with him. If he initiates first, that is his problem!

This Scenario will last 30 minutes or until the objective is completed. If people enjoy it, we can always set up, swap sides, and do it again.
Last edited by fingers630 on 2013-01-24, edited 1 time in total.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: 1/27 Battle

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-01-23

Love the hoarde

keep on the hill could be fun or lame, depending on how we treat magic and gates and whatnot...

I personally don't care for boats and would prefer ANY rez battle you can come up with as it will be in the 20s/30s on Sunday, and being dead will SUCK diddly UCK!!!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-01-23

Keep battle would be no aoe inside keep, gate destroy = gate destroyed, no mending.

another one i like is the bridge battle, wherein if you die, you rez on the OTHER teams side at the back, but I am unsure what the goal of the battle would be, ie how it would end.

Keiori Night

Post by Keiori Night » 2013-01-23

Fingers-

All of them sound like fun! I give you a huge shout-out thank you for your hard work for Darkon. :)
Keiori Night
Head Costume Marshal
Soldier of New Mordom
Cleric of New Mordom
Senator of New Mordom

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2013-01-23

Nurgle endorses any idea that involves us fighting goblins.
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-01-23

I would love to see more battles that involve NPC monsters.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-01-24

Dude, bridge rez where the dead go to the other side is a GREAT idea. It's like stick dork dodge ball. It could be timed, equal numbers, and fight for numbers... period? Or we could do Thermopylae scenario bridge fight: 3 teams, 1 on one side of the bridge, 2 on the other. the single team dead go to the double team side which has a rez point, see how long the single team can survive. Switch teams, rinse repeat... This scenario allows mages, archers, especially clerics, hell, everyone to REALLY use their skills (shut up thieves and assassins, not my fault you picked a dumb class :P lol) to try keep your team alive!

But for real, lets do rez battles, it's gonna be in the low 30's and breezy (as per usual for that field).

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2013-01-24

I love rez battles, especially in cold weather. Bridge battles are cool when there is more than one bridge in Darkon imo, or some interesting changes. ( wierd shape bridges or small magic changes - ie: things like Halcons bridge battle incorporated. ) however I dislike ice breakers as a rez battle because it encourages more standing similar to the way country battles do. 2 team Field rez isn't bad near the end of the day to finish out the day and tire everyone out. Or... if its not rez, just making sure the battles are quick and people keep moving is most important. It is * cold out.

on a side note: I can always bring THE CAN! for real though it will be in my car when I get there on Sunday.
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: 1/27 Battle*edited*

Post by fingers630 » 2013-01-24

Bump. Please note I have updated first post with the 2 scenarios I will be running for this event.
Remember Adventure Rules are in effect, and spell points WILL reset before the Bridge Battle Scenario.

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2013-01-24

Awesome! Fingers for Head Events Marshal in 2013! And 2014! 2015!...
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Zodiac89

Post by Zodiac89 » 2013-01-24

This should be a pretty fun event. Also, having an adventure on an adventure day makes a lot more sense than having non-stop two teams under adventure rules. Keep up the good work, Fingers!
Barknell: Druid, observing the realm, beholding the beauty of Mother Nature.
Every rose has its thorns, every book, a story.

Never suffer Betrayal.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-01-24

Fingers for Event Marshal 2013!!!!!! Great job dude!

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-01-24

I'm actually really looking forward to sunday now.

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2013-01-24

if we can swim or swing across the bridge battle assassins and thieves aren't useless. Just saying
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

smelton

Post by smelton » 2013-01-24

Wish I could make it up for this.....sounds awesome
Smelton MaCath
Blacksmith of Tyrcath
Druid of the Great Bear

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-01-27

Due to about half the field leaving after senate, I have postponed the bridge battle scenario. I hope you enjoyed the Goblin Horde.

Zodiac89

Post by Zodiac89 » 2013-01-27

It was very enjoyable. You came up with a great idea, and it played out exquisitely.
Barknell: Druid, observing the realm, beholding the beauty of Mother Nature.
Every rose has its thorns, every book, a story.

Never suffer Betrayal.

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-01-28

Great job!
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-01-28

WE WIN!!!!!!
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2013-01-28

GOBLIN HORDE WAS AWESOME!
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-01-28

Yes, Goblin Horde was a ton of fun, even though I only fought it twice.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-01-28

We win.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-01-28

To make things fun for them, I will host a special 1 time Giant Horde for Ched Nesad to fight against. All will use Frost Giant stats straight from the book. :)

Grats to team Northern Kingdoms (sorry I forget who else was in that team) for their 2 victories vs Russel, and to Team Nurgle for their 1 victory.

Also grats to Goblin Squeeyril, for the best kill of the day during the first Nurgle fight. We win indeed.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-01-28

fingers630 wrote:To make things fun for them, I will host a special 1 time Giant Horde for Ched Nesad to fight against. All will use Frost Giant stats straight from the book. :)

Grats to team Northern Kingdoms (sorry I forget who else was in that team) for their 2 victories vs Russel, and to Team Nurgle for their 1 victory.

Also grats to Goblin Squeeyril, for the best kill of the day during the first Nurgle fight. We win indeed.

House Dubh and some nomads. We were a bit OP, with I believe at least FOUR mages capable of casting a pouch with a fireball.