To the realm, about some of these rules im seeing...

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: To the realm, about some of these rules im seeing...

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-19

If clubs mortalled limbs this statement would be true, however they do not, and clubs therefore suck.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-02-19

Get better at hitting torsos, I don't have a problem... :P

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-02-24

how do we stop flails from just rising up and taking over all by themselves? Helmets. its not that flails are mega awesome, its mega awesome that the least purchased or made armor piece on the field is a helmet. don't punish the flail. it takes five to your ww2 bucket. punish the helmets for not showing up.

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2013-02-24

Pope Faleris I wrote:how do we stop flails from just rising up and taking over all by themselves? Helmets. its not that flails are mega awesome, its mega awesome that the least purchased or made armor piece on the field is a helmet. don't punish the flail. it takes five to your ww2 bucket. punish the helmets for not showing up.

Indeed.

An individual makes a conscious decision to be flailbait, especially with their recent nerf. They aren't a particularly intimidating weapon to anyone who bothers to armor their head.

I consider halberds to be the strongest weapon in the game for anyone with sufficient upper body strength to make them work. As an athletic activity, however, I also feel that it is appropriate that sufficient upper body strength be rewarded.
Chosen Blood Officer

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-02-25

Defalcone wrote:
Pope Faleris I wrote:how do we stop flails from just rising up and taking over all by themselves? Helmets.
His Holiness makes a great point, this is one of the cheapest pieces of armor you can get. Here is one example http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-swedish-m29-steel-helmet-with-liner.aspx?a=1120087

Then some on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Government-Issued-Civil-Defense-Helmet-/150999801157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23284a1d45

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWISS-ARMY-HELMET-WITH-YELLOW-CAMO-COVER-/390546200470?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5aee5e1796

I see this one in darkon allot http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-German-Army-Helmet-/370764731829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56534cd5b5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BULGARIAN-M36-WWII-HELMET-WITH-LEATHER-LINER-AND-CHIN-STRAP-GENUINE-SURPLUS-/181084884625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a29800e91

Yes, and this is why every other foam fighting game makes fun of us. These helmets make otherwise awesome pictures look * stupid. They are modern (last 100 years), gunpowder era helmets. Nothing else. They look stupid. No one even puts leather or fur on them or anything... Just paint a chaos star or thor's hammer on it and go! If I didn't think someone would * in my tent for it, I'd propose banning obviously modern items from the field... wait... oh they're metal, so it's different... hm?

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2013-02-25

Yah I don't understand why modern shoes on your feet are forbidden, but it is okay to wear a modern atrocity ON YOUR HEAD.

Total /boggle to me.

And yah quillons are dumb. If only they made electrical tape in diffferentcolors, like white and yellow.
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-02-25

I'd be in favor of banning obvious modern military helmets from the field just as we do obvious modern footwear and for the same reasons; don't meet costume guidelines.

I don't see the issue with quillons. While I do understand that they are rarely used for their intended purpose, to the onlooker, it does make a sword look more like a sword. And isn't that a good thing?

Perhaps a better question would be; why not put quillons on your sword? The weight at is negligible. The crafting time add is minimal. They can be made out of scrap; so cost isn't an issue. Help me understand; why not put quillons on your sword?
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-25

Sir Caetrel wrote:Yah I don't understand why modern shoes on your feet are forbidden, but it is okay to wear a modern atrocity ON YOUR HEAD.

Total /boggle to me.

And yah quillons are dumb. If only they made electrical tape in diffferentcolors, like white and yellow.

Preposterous! Its not like the weapons marshalls had about 10 rolls of those things by them at check in, and people STILL didnt put it on their swords after being reminded.

As for quillions, I noticed yesterday the sword of slaying doesnt have them. Im going to start using it with my cleric as the Bar of Slaying. Take that rules lawyers!

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-02-25

I'm in favor of banning nothing that anybody has put time and/or money into.

Gor Strayhorn

Post by Gor Strayhorn » 2013-02-25

Down with modern looking helmet! Mod them to look like they belong in Darkon or take them somewhere else.

Norman Helmet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-Norman-M ... 23285d2500

Knight Helmet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Norman-Knight-M ... 23285d7c4c

Spartan Helmet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEDIEVAL-ROMAN- ... 53f589ee42

Kettle Hat: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEDIEVAL-KETTEL ... 3ccf3c7ae6
Gor Strayhorn
Great Wolf - Battle Leader of Asaheim
Warden and Warhound of Asaheim
First Ranger of Asaheim

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-02-25

Modern helmets should be discouraged, but not banned.

Just make sure that anyone wearing one doesn't win any sort of awards or recognition for costume.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-25

I have no problem with them all decorated up. As thrush suggested you could throw some fake fur on one or leather or whatever. hell i dont even have an issue with the ones covered in "blood" with a Chaos Star on them.

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-02-25

I have an east german helmet, but I think it looks okay painted up. I'm not a fan of the plain puke green military helmets, but they're not bad if you paint them and make them look more medieval.

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-02-25

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I threw a quick 1 event worthy quillion on the sword just after I got it checked in. Not sure how long it lasted though.

Either way though, the sword didn't make it through the entire event anyway. I'll have a new one ready by the next event. :)
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-02-26

Warboss Gutzmangul wrote:I have an east german helmet, but I think it looks okay painted up. I'm not a fan of the plain puke green military helmets, but they're not bad if you paint them and make them look more medieval.

You guys did a good job of painting your stuff up. My complaint of you and Ched Nasad's use of modern military helmets is lack of changing their SHAPE. I'm 32 years old, I have spent my entire life seeing stuff about war, whether in school or tv or movies... Unless you have never seen anything about war, these helmets will always look way out of place in our game. Obviously painted up is way better than not, but, that doesn't change the shape. My question is always: Can I paint a chaos cross and blood on a motorcycle helmet and play? It's "safety equipment".

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-02-26

only if it has a visor

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-02-26

That's my problem as well; the shape immediately brings to mind modern military. In no way does it call up medieval, ancient world, or fantasy elements for me.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-02-26

-Inox- wrote:That's my problem as well; the shape immediately brings to mind modern military. In no way does it call up medieval, ancient world, or fantasy elements for me.

^^ This
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Thrush Svartehjertet

^^ That! x2

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-02-26

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2013-02-26

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:You guys did a good job of painting your stuff up. My complaint of you and Ched Nasad's use of modern military helmets is lack of changing their SHAPE.

I've got a WW2 Swiss bucket that I wear. It fits snug as hell, and finding other helmets to fit over my giant skull comfortably isn't as easy as going to your local wally world and trying them on. It's got the gritty black finish that was common of them, but i'll try and throw some paint on there, just for you Thrush.
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

Thrush Svartehjertet

PadreCaedes wrote:
Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:You guys did a good job of painting your stuff up. My complaint of you and Ched Nasad's use of modern military helmets is lack of changing their SHAPE.

I've got a WW2 Swiss bucket that I wear. It fits snug as hell, and finding other helmets to fit over my giant skull comfortably isn't as easy as going to your local wally world and trying them on. It's got the gritty black finish that was common of them, but i'll try and throw some paint on there, just for you Thrush.

Dude, I just want Darkon to look it's sexy best. Ad some Khorne-esque gore/bumps/fur/accoutrements... Just so Darkon stops looking like hot topic and sunny's surpluss * at a costume party and made ugly babies.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2013-02-26

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:Dude, I just want Darkon to look it's sexy best. Ad some Khorne-esque gore

Doable and done.
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-02-26

Plas-dip appendages are possible