Role Playing Guild Charter

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-01-20

Article I – Purpose

Section 1: To create a subgroup within the Darkon Wargaming Club, Inc. that focuses on the role-play aspects of the game.

Section 2: Role Playing is the act of taking on the persona of your character. While in persona you act and react as your character would based solely on information that character has learned from other in-game sources.

Article II – Membership

Section 1: Membership in the guild is through self selection, no recruitment. Anyone willing to follow the Role Playing Guild Charter may be a member.

Section 2: Membership in the guild is a privilege and may be revoked by the Managing Council for violating the charter or repeated offenses to the Guild. Suspension can be no longer than 3 months and is handed down by the adjudicating Tribunal.

Section 3: Membership Levels
Standard Members: Standard membership status is granted to all players upon entry of the roleplay guild.
Senior Members: Senior membership status is awarded to players by a majority vote of managing players, after a period of time of no less than one year. The managing players will review the gameplay, in character interactions (on field and online) and attendance of the applicant.
Managing Members: Managing membership status is awarded to players by a majority vote of managing players, after a period of time of no less than one year as a Senior Member and expressed interest in being a Managing member. The managing players will review the gameplay, in character interactions (on field and online) and attendance of the applicant.

Section 4: To join the guild an applicant must submit a real name, character bio, character name and character pseudonyms if any, which may be reviewed by any member of the Guild at any time.

Article III – Governance and Disputes

Section 1: The Guild is administratively run by the Managing Members. Administrative duties include maintenance of guild member files, documenting infractions and rulings and general upkeep of the guild.

Section 2: A Senior Member shall adjudicate all guild disputes and members agree to abide by the ruling made by the adjudicator for the course of that event. The Guild only rules on guild issues, not game rules.

Section 3: Members have two events to appeal an adjudication in which they were involved, after complying for the duration of the event. The appeal shall be handled by a tribunal of three Senior Members and shall be both binding and final. Each party in the original dispute will choose a Senior Member as judge, and those two judges shall choose a third. Judges must be selected from those Senior Members present at the event the tribunal is held and who were not part of nor have already ruled upon the dispute.

Section 4: The adjudicating tribunal can implement punishments including in-game fines, prohibitions to commit acts based upon ill-gotten knowledge, or suspension for violations of this charter. All tribunals must be called in the manner described in Article III, Section 3.

Section 5: Managing Council can elect Managing Members to administrative roles as needed.

Article IV – Behavior

Section 1: Players will be in character and must answer to their character's name from the time they complete check-in and the event has begun until they leave the area of play at the cessation of the event.

Section 2: To speak to a guild member out-of-character guild members will use real names and the conversation will be held away from in-character areas.

Section 3: Players with a single character with multiple classes will play a new character when assassinated. Players with multiple characters of a single class shall play a different character and class when assassinated.

Section 4: Players with characters using the player name shall change the name of their character or not play with the Guild when playing said character.

Section 5: It is understood that players are in character when at an event, but players should also recognize that any in-character discussions that occur outside events can and will be used as if it occurred at an event.

Section 6: When communicating electronically all in-character posts should be clearly marked as such.

Section 7: Meta-gaming is strictly forbidden. Meta-gaming is broadly defined any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends the rules, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Examples include using OOC information for IC gain, acting OOC to gain the advantage of opponents IC, e.g.

Article V: - Amendments

Section 1: Amendments to this charter can only be made with a majority approval of the Managing Members.

Section 2: This charter was adopted on Sept. 29, 2011
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

shroom2021
Darkonian

Re: Role Playing Guild Charter

Post by shroom2021 » 2012-01-20

Section 4: Players with characters using the player name shall change the name of their character or not play with the Guild when playing said character.

Could you explain this in a little more detail?

Does this mean that I may not play a character that uses my real name?
Is this to aid the section about OOC speech or another reason?
May I use my middle name for a character?

Also, who will we submit our petition for membership too?

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-01-20

shroom2021 wrote:Section 4: Players with characters using the player name shall change the name of their character or not play with the Guild when playing said character.

It means exactly what you stated for the reasons you give. It separates IC from OOC.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Xunyl
Darkonian

Post by Xunyl » 2012-01-20

shroom2021 wrote:Section 4: Players with characters using the player name shall change the name of their character or not play with the Guild when playing said character.

By my eye it states that you can't use your real name as your character name. Personally in the spirit of role playing, I'd try to avoid anything to do with a person's real name all together, as to avoid any chance of confusion. Plus immersion really loses something in a scenario where you find yourself face-to-face with "The Mighty Warlord... Billy Donaldson."

I am also curious as to where you would sign up for this?
Chosen Blood soldier.

We are beyond the notions of; good, evil, light or darkness.
There is only order, pure and absolute.

For The Order.
http://www.wix.com/chosenblood/dwc

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2012-01-20

I'm interested.

Also, will there be some "interim" selections/elections for Senior & Managing Members? Otherwise it's gonna be two years until we have Managing Members.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-01-20

Kobalos wrote:I'm interested.

Also, will there be some "interim" selections/elections for Senior & Managing Members? Otherwise it's gonna be two years until we have Managing Members.

Already dealt with....

We will post where to place your character information soon.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-01-20

There needs to be a way to distinguish between IG and OOG, and even though it would be best if everyone was IG all the time, it is simply not possible. As such using people's real name is the sign that you need to speak with them OOG. Consequently characters cannot use the player's real name.

As for joining...we will post the site to send in character bio's, and work from there.
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-01-23

Talking with a hand on your head is a good signal for ooc interaction. Also as you said - real name interraction.

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2012-01-24

Would the guild be considering hosting special events for rpers only?
I understand that it might be a little ahead of the thread, but I thought it would be interesting to have an event either at or seperate from the normal Darkon events in which rping would be the highlight.
Not to say that fighting would not take place as well, but I think the collective creativity in Darkon could come up with some awesome scenarios that would require a silver tongue, a little magic, and a big axe.

ylinett
Darkonian

Post by ylinett » 2012-01-24

The World Plot Committee is already holding events (at pretty much every event this year) where there will be ample opportunity for those who wish to RP, guild or not, to do something in addition to the fighting. I would also look at other groups like a certain Marquise who shall remain nameless, who are holding events within the game...possibly at this very event...which RP will be required at.
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS