Camp Out Issues

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
President

Camp Out Issues

Post by President » 2013-03-26

I'd like to take the time to thank the idiot(s) who destroyed the restrooms at Pax. Your complete disregard for the rest of Darkon is admirable. Those I heard laughing and joking about the matter in Sunday morning should be equally proud. I am sure you and they are great friends.
/sarcasm off

What happened this weekend was a disgrace. What's worse is that sometime after 4:30 in the morning when I used and checked the condition of the restrooms and 9:00 on Sunday morning when I again went to the restroom someone trashed it again. This AFTER I had informed everyone of what had happened on Friday night. We are now in real danger of losing the site because of someone's complete disregard for the rest of us.

Based on the disgusting mess, unless the perpetrator slept in their own feces odds are good someone knows what happened. Be an adult and step forward to help the game we all love. I wouldn't want to call anyone friend who cares so little about something that has meaning to me. This is unacceptable behavior and needs to be dealt with, which I can't do without help. Tell me who did this.

To those that stayed late on Sunday to clean up the mess left by this person, you have my eternal thanks. No one should have to do that, but you may have saved us the site.

Tim Beavers, one pissed off President

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Re: Camp Out Issues

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-03-26

If players are intentionally * up our sites in any way, but especially with bodily waste, I seriously hope they get their comeuppance.

Even if this sort of thing is a shameful mistake, please offer some sort of recompense to the club, and the people who sorted it out.

Though for reals, Andrick. This is the sort of thing that won't stay under wraps forever. I'm doubting that this is a complete mystery and the story will come out.

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-26

Really, people?

The irony here is that whoever did this likely hates themselves more than we could ever hate them.

Sadly, I am sure the coward(s) who did this will remain as silent in this as people have in other similar incidents over the years. Hopefully someone else saw or heard something and will speak up. We can't have this in our game and have our game do well. Do we want to see Bellum not happen there?

C'mon Darkon. Be at least a tiny bit better than this.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Calus
Darkonian

Post by Calus » 2013-03-26

WOW. That's all I can really say. The portajohns at Reunion were preferable to that mess.
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-03-27

I didnt think we had worthless * like this in our game currently. Sadly, it appears I'm wrong. Thanks Tim, and those who helped out.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-03-27

Huge props to Cauthon and John K. for * that mess. Somebody had to see a half naked asshat running around, as their pants were left behind. Damn lucky nobody found the offenders wallet, or that might have gotten ugly, fast. Someone has to know. If you don't have the balls to speak up, you should at least donate to charity significantly to get that * off your kharma or something. dont be a douche. correction. STOP being a douche.

Havoc
Squire of the Realm

Post by Havoc » 2013-03-27

Pope Faleris I wrote:Huge props to Cauthon and John K. for * that mess.

Cauthon was lead, Jax and I rotated flushing.

Props also to Those in NK and NQ who stayed behind sunday to mop and scrub the bathrooms.

Pope Faleris I wrote: If you don't have the balls to speak up, you should at least donate to charity significantly to get that * off your kharma or something.

They could donate into the late check-in box the costs of cleaning supplies, which considering the location and severity of the mess was considerable.

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2013-03-28

Cauthon, Sasaki, Havok, Keira, Rza, Tyriel, Kai, Aziza, Skittles, Siri. Forgive me if I missed anyone.

Knights of the Mens' Room.

As sad as it is that this could happen, it is good to know there was also a wall of good people to sort the mess out.
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-03-28

There's no * what a loser someone in Darkon is.

This, by the way, is why I tell people never to bring someone who has never been to a LARP a single time, to a camping event for their first event. One of the only people I had to kick out of Ragnarok 23 was a guy who drove all the way from MI to OH because he heard there was chicks belly dancing and he could get wasted... He didnt even have garb or swords. The point of my story is we had one wasted guy in plain clothes wander in from our neighbors and sit down and be obnoxiously drunk in our camp at this campout. I'm obviously not blaiming him or them for the men's room, I'm just making a point about policing who you bring to Darkon. Good luck not being called the * brigade or the poo pirates or something forever if anyone finds out it was someone from YOUR country who did this.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-03-28

Yep its sad that Darkon is more about getting wasted than fighting these days. 15 years ago at 1am on a Saturday night, there would be 30 people out sneaking into camps, stealing banners, assassinating muther *. Now at 1am on a Saturday night you have drunks bellowing dumb * as loud as they can, and people * themselves. Good times.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-03-28

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:There's no * what a loser someone in Darkon is.

This, by the way, is why I tell people never to bring someone who has never been to a LARP a single time, to a camping event for their first event. One of the only people I had to kick out of Ragnarok 23 was a guy who drove all the way from MI to OH because he heard there was chicks belly dancing and he could get wasted... He didnt even have garb or swords. The point of my story is we had one wasted guy in plain clothes wander in from our neighbors and sit down and be obnoxiously drunk in our camp at this campout. I'm obviously not blaiming him or them for the men's room, I'm just making a point about policing who you bring to Darkon. Good luck not being called the * brigade or the poo pirates or something forever if anyone finds out it was someone from YOUR country who did this.

Thrush
berserk

Yeah, like that country Ebon Gate and the guy in that country that got so drunk he crapped himself.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-03-28

fingers630 wrote:Yep its sad that Darkon is more about getting wasted than fighting these days. 15 years ago at 1am on a Saturday night, there would be 30 people out sneaking into camps, stealing banners, assassinating muther *. Now at 1am on a Saturday night you have drunks bellowing dumb * as loud as they can, and people * themselves. Good times.

To be fair, ridiculous drunkenness was always a thing.

I remember back at Doublerock in the 80's, sneaking into Mordom's camp at night to try to steal their banner. They were laying out on the ground passed out, like the whole place had been nerve gassed...the banner had long since been stolen. One Mordomian (Dave Jones) was passed out in the middle of the stream, with his head on a rock, and water flowing over him like a blanket.

I dragged him to shore.

Also, I can attest that I personally recall waking up in the morning at a few campouts in the middle of the damned woods, not a camp in sight, wondering where I was & how the hell I got there.

So really, it was more that people just had a little more respect for the game, I think. We were all young, dumb, and intolerably reckless once, but we didn't vandalize with feces, either.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-03-28

LOL true. Scab and I pulled a drunken Geoff Smith from falling face first into Sarum's campfire back in the day. I guess "less responsible drunks" is what I was going for. At least the drunks that almost kill themselves arent messing up the club for anyone else :)

Ha John, I recall the incident you speak of. Man I felt bad for that president that had to clean him up.... We still talk about it to this very day when we speak of "* jobs" LOL
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2013-03-29

Haha I remember that kid. Jarad and some other guys from EB wanted to borrow my cell phone at 3 am. This was in late 90s at Linganore when few had phones. My spider-sense was tingling at that request. Had I given them a phone, god knows...
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-03-30

Respect for the game has been drying up for the last 10 years. When I started 97/98 there were still a lot of people who really made the game awesome. Now I can't go to a camp out with out Family Guy References being screamed at 3am while 2 dudes try to keep a 3rd from falling in the fire. Somewhere in the 2000's the invitation to darkon changed from "Dude it's like Live action D&D with sword fighting and *." to "Dude we just get drunk, no one cards." This is also an issue in Dag.

Its not that dumb * didn't always happen, but now people are coming BECAUSE of dumb *. The immersion of campouts is almost completely gone, because 30% of a our members don't give a flying *.

You want to know who;s responsible? It's not the EB, It's not the NC, It's not lack of security, It's each country that brings these douche bags out to our game to pad their member count.

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-03-30

Man.. I wish I could "like" Artex's post.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-04-01

Lord Dubh wrote:
Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:There's no * what a loser someone in Darkon is.

Thrush
berserk

Yeah, like that country Ebon Gate and the guy in that country that got so drunk he crapped himself.

Yerp, sucks when guys go to drink with Romans at their first campout (not first event).

My point is still valid and stands. Your first event shouldn't be a camping event.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-04-01

Dumb * has always happened, yes. I heard years ago some dude slapped someone because he got assassinated due to something they did. I'm glad stuff like that doesn't happen anymore, personally. But the dumb * that does happen, while not personal violence, can make us lose sites. I hope people can police their own and fix this.

muffin

Post by muffin » 2013-04-01

And this is why Darkon can't have nice things... thanks A** hats who did this. People complain we don't have nice sites or permanent structures, this would be why.

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-04-02

Amazing_Iltztafein wrote:Dumb * has always happened, yes. I heard years ago some dude slapped someone because he got assassinated due to something they did. I'm glad stuff like that doesn't happen anymore, personally. But the dumb * that does happen, while not personal violence, can make us lose sites. I hope people can police their own and fix this.

That was me and it was staged. It's cool that I live on in legend though.