Darkon Coin

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Re: Darkon Coin

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-03-29

For what it is worth. House Dubh is an example of people who do not utilize the country economy. If it ain't in coin or goods we don't need it. However, we also don't carry half our coin each event. We have thousands of gold to our name but only have a small fraction any given moment. The idea we would carry half is stupid and should be removed from the rules as it is unenforceable.

Because we only work in coin and goods we don't ever have to pull from the coin marshal.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2013-03-29

Someday I will get around to the gold trade bars. Then people can hoard those at home. :P
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Sir Caetrel wrote:Someday I will get around to the gold trade bars. Then people can hoard those at home. :P

Isn't that what a Province Piece is for?? Equates to 50 Gold / 500 Silver. 200 of those is better than 1000 gold coins. of course it should not become the coin of trade just the coin of hoarding. :lol:
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Zentor

Post by Zentor » 2013-03-29

John and math arent friends. 20pp = 1000gp John.

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-03-29

Lord Dubh wrote:FThe idea we would carry half is stupid and should be removed from the rules as it is unenforceable.

I'm a big fan of killing unenforceable rules. (like alignment)
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-03-29

Separating character and country economy would be awesome. I like the idea of having coins for players and trade bars or resources for countries. For example if players dealt with gold, province marks, and platinum, nations could deal in trade bars, or iron, steel, and titanium.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

jayjay
Darkonian

Post by jayjay » 2013-03-29

Sir Tyriel Firebrand wrote:Separating character and country economy would be awesome. I like the idea of having coins for players and trade bars or resources for countries. For example if players dealt with gold, province marks, and platinum, nations could deal in trade bars, or iron, steel, and titanium.

sheep, wood, ore, wheat, and bricks!
jayjay
No Quarter!

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2013-03-29

Sir Aethilgar wrote:
Lord Dubh wrote:FThe idea we would carry half is stupid and should be removed from the rules as it is unenforceable.

I'm a big fan of killing unenforceable rules. (like alignment)

How Chaotic Good of you!
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

As a reminder.

Any of your countries with people with real jobs. You can make your own coinage. Just work with the EB. The rules explain the process.

Since we started using the DARKON logo obverse we have had 5 reverses. A blank, Tarims sigil, Keldar arms, Slindar's symbol and the Greater Mordomian Co-Prosperity Sphere produced coins in 4 denominations (silver, gold, merc mark and province piece). Last year Gary Black donated all the province pieces he had left over to the club and they are in circulation.

I posted photos on the two Darkon FB locations.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

A shameful solution

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-03-30

Offer to buy coin off of players for REAL money. Say 1/4th the price of what you'd be paying to get new coin. It's sad that you'd have to come to this... but it'd get you more coin, and save you on buying more.

If people are selling their personal items on our sites, we know there's a demand for REAL money in our players. There's no reason we should pay top dollar to replace coins that I'm sure that players will gladly fork over for real cheddar.

This happens ONLY ONCE EVER, that way it will prevent people from literally hoarding gold for money in the hopes that it happens again (which it wont), as I'd propose we add it to the bilaws that we won't do it, after we do it once.

Might help a little.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-03-30

That is a good idea.

We still need a print run of coins with Cailen's die so we will be getting coins this year. Just no idea how many or how long it will last.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-03-30

I can still choose whichever backing I want right? So I could choose a blank one, or with Tarim's logo, for example?

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-04-01

Been thinking a lot on this ... and have come up with the following and want everyones imput /good or bad

I think a helpfull solution might be to have a new coin (100gp coin for instance) be purchased for the club by the club - the ONLY way you could get this coin is to give actual gold to get it - in that way the club would get a flood of coins from people looking to downsize thier hords and each purchased single 100gp coin would have the effect of actually repurchasing 100 normal coins from peoples hords...

say if someone had 1000 coins they could trade those in for 10 of the new coin ... might be a great way to see the piles come back to the game while still letting those who wish to horde to do so with less damage to the club vault
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-04-01

Lord Dubh wrote:
Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:
fingers630 wrote:Exactly. So much fun, you'll * on the floor...

Thanks... I just snorked my Monster.

Thrush
berserk

Ok, cussing is one thing but talking about self pleasure....really?

HAHAHAHAHAHA, too funny. "Snork my monster" just became a saying, thanks.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: A shameful solution

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-04-01

Lord Valfryn wrote:Offer to buy coin off of players for REAL money. Say 1/4th the price of what you'd be paying to get new coin. It's sad that you'd have to come to this... but it'd get you more coin, and save you on buying more.

If people are selling their personal items on our sites, we know there's a demand for REAL money in our players. There's no reason we should pay top dollar to replace coins that I'm sure that players will gladly fork over for real cheddar.

This happens ONLY ONCE EVER, that way it will prevent people from literally hoarding gold for money in the hopes that it happens again (which it wont), as I'd propose we add it to the bilaws that we won't do it, after we do it once.

Might help a little.

That is a freaking brilliant idea. But yeah, it can only happen one time, ever. Otherwise, like you said, it'll be a real life hustle. That Vikings would win.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2013-04-01

Sorry, the buy back idea won't work... Cause in a yr the gold would go back out and be hoarded again. Then daron would have to make another run of coins and we are out 1/4 of money cost plus the cost of a run.
And Pats idea, I think is along the same lines. We do a run of 100gp pieces(1000) costs 750 dollars, people will only turn in what they have Laying around. We get maybe 1000 pieces back. Instead we could get a run 5000, pay under 1500 dollars. 5x for double the money.
In the mean time change the way money is used in Darkon. Coffers can not be touched anymore by people, only be used for building and warring. Coffers are only used on a map scale. And if someone so choices to buy a manowar for their country wit hard coin... Good on them.

So make a run of coins, offer a feast at BA to the country that turns in the most coin between now and July? And write a prop, to fix the big money vs hard coin issues.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-04-01

Warlordcort wrote:Sorry, the buy back idea won't work... Cause in a yr the gold would go back out and be hoarded again. Then daron would have to make another run of coins and we are out 1/4 of money cost plus the cost of a run.
And Pats idea, I think is along the same lines. We do a run of 100gp pieces(1000) costs 750 dollars, people will only turn in what they have Laying around. We get maybe 1000 pieces back. Instead we could get a run 5000, pay under 1500 dollars. 5x for double the money.
In the mean time change the way money is used in Darkon. Coffers can not be touched anymore by people, only be used for building and warring. Coffers are only used on a map scale. And if someone so choices to buy a manowar for their country wit hard coin... Good on them.

So make a run of coins, offer a feast at BA to the country that turns in the most coin between now and July? And write a prop, to fix the big money vs hard coin issues.

:D This wins.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-01

Warlordcort wrote:

DING DING DING winner!
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-04-01

in actuallity

if we did a run of 1000 coins and only got back 1000 gold coins we would still have in the Darkon Coffer 990 of the new coins ready to be used for anything needed --- campout prizes --- more turn ins at any time ---awards from the club--- ect

1000 one hundred value tokens is = to 100,000 gold coinage or 1,000,000 silver so yes it is likely we would never use all the new coins if we only used them for turning in old gold and silver BUT we would ALWAYS have coinage available when ever we got low to have turn in values to give to the people that do actually choose to turn in coins and that is a win win
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-04-02

I still like the idea of not allowing PC to PC looting. If we reserved those skills to be used only on NPCs, players would fill their pouches to the brim & spend wealth freely.

Just look at what happened last event: People knew there would be potions and things to buy at check-in. They got coin from the Marshal, or brought oodles of coin they already had at home, in their cars, etc.

They spent it very quickly at check-in, and then very few players carried coin the remainder of the day. I searched a LOT of people.

If we couldn't take it from each other, people would spend all day as it was earned, and we'd be able to start setting up more of an economy. If we need to get coin back to players easily, just throw some on NPCs. Bam.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON