Personal Attacks

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
ADM_SIRIUS

Personal Attacks

Post by ADM_SIRIUS » 2013-04-03

Can the admins please start taking a serious look at personal attacks and removing them...I know I have done it as well and freely accept that they are not appropriate and should not be on the boards.

This forum is a place for discussion and debate. The direction some of the conversations went in regards to personal attacks is disgusting and immature. We are suppose to be adults not petulant children who whine and moan when we do not get what we want.

My wife hates Darkon because my responses to it and the people in it do not reflect who I am. Darkon and its membership bring out the worst in me. I have seen it bring out the worst in others.

The field is for beating on our enemies. The forums are for the discussion and advancement of the club. We don't all have to like each other, but at least lets speak to each other is we are in person.

Please keep the personal attacks off this, keep the snide comments to yourself. They do nothing to advance the conversation and make the entire club look like dicks.

Due to the fact that many recent attacks involved me, directed at or coming from..I will not be policing this aspect even though I am an admin of the board. I am also not directing anyone to look for specific comments from individuals.

I am asking that the rest of the admins do their job.

John M Machate

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Re: Personal Attacks

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-04-04

Agreed 100% !!!
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-04

I read these boards all day long and obviously must have missed them. Unless you are referring to "Lord Unfun" and Im sorry but if that got under your skin my friend you might need to toughen up.

Ill keep an eye out for personal attacks outside of the IC forum (as I personally attack Chosen Blood there all the time for beating up on nations of women and hot dog farmers). IC forum anything IC goes.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-04-04

I will start providing examples via the ALERT feature of the forum.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2013-04-04

Yeah, I think this might be crying wolf at this point. I am not seeing a lot of harsh personal attacks of the sort that would merit active moderation.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-04

Like I said, I may have completely missed them. I dont go over each post with a fine tooth comb but will definitely keep an eye out for people being dicks. I mean Inox and I bust on each other often, but I dont take it personally and hope he does not either. I mean its not his fault im fat and its not my fault he has a ridiculous haircut :)
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-04-04

Fudge you Ice Holes! Your skills are only slightly above average. I hope you have a mediocre sex life. Mother Father, Son of a Business man.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-04-04

Moderators: See the moderator section of the forum.

Some folks have been good enough to go through and remove the personal attacks they made in older posts. I appreciate it. Going through my own to remove them as well.

I am not crying wolf, I am shouting the sky is falling.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/