Upcoming Senate Issue

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Upcoming Senate Issue

Post by Prince Andrick » 2013-04-09

It has come to my attention that some people may be attempting to sway votes regarding the disciplined players with payments of Darkon gold. If true this has to be one of the most disturbing things I have heard in some time.

I do not care which side of the issue you fall on. We are talking about a serious issue in both cases that is well beyond the scope of in game currency. I find it reprehensible that anyone would even consider offering much less accepting payments in fake money for a real world issue. We are talking about fellow players of this game and possible negative effect on our game. This is a serious issue and needs to be addressed as such.

I ask now for anyone involved in any activity like this too cease immediately. Thank you.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Re: Upcoming Senate Issue

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-04-09

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

These players deserve to have the time to speak thier case to Senate - Senate has the right to approve a reversal or based on the indivual situation flatly refuse to over turn the situation. That being said to offer a in game bribe to get people on your side either way is sickening and not excusable in any way shape or form. Judge these matters by review of the situations weighing the sentinces against what was done and ask yourself what you think is fair and just. NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS. This part of our game is not a game it is a reality that affects our members for good or ill and it should be judged on that principle and that principle alone - period.

In service,
Patrick
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-04-09

Years ago I was punched in the face by a member and that member after a meeting was banned for a time from participation in our organization. If people had paid darkon gold to affect that meeting outcome I would NEVER have stepped back on the field again and would have walked away from Darkon forever.

We owe it to ourselves and others in this organization to weigh the facts in these two cases and base our judgement off those facts. To do less makes us less. This meeting is NOT about making or breaking in game rules it is about out of character issues that affect our members for good or bad and I expect Senate to treat it that way.

Or am I the only one who still thinks this way?
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-04-09

If this is true and provable, those people should be banned as well.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-04-09

I would laugh in the face of anyone who tried to bribe me with ingame incentives. In truth, having someone believe that a person could be swayed by fake-ass "Monopoly money" is the biggest * insult that I've heard of. Ever. Especially when both issues are regarding BoD issued decisions based on game safety.

I hope to God that this is a Darkon Rumor.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-04-09

Any kind of bribery to over-turn the CORPORATE decision of the Club ban (or even suspend) should be looked into and see if it is a criminal offense (I doubt it is, but IMHO it's worth looking into.) Even if it is not, the participants should be banned.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-04-09

I was approached by both Arioch and Vash last event and they acquainted me briefly with their situation and they were going to other countries to garner support to have their ban/suspension overturned. I promised both of them that I would hear the evidence and give each of them a fair hearing. No gold was offered to me, nor any other form of bribe.

If anyone was offered a bribe and refused it, tell somebody. If anyone has a first hand account of this, say something. Otherwise, I'm going to chalk this up as a rumor.

That being said, offering or accepting darkon gold as a bribe is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Calus
Darkonian

Post by Calus » 2013-04-09

Warboss Gutzmangul wrote:I was approached by both Arioch and Vash last event and they acquainted me briefly with their situation and they were going to other countries to garner support to have their ban/suspension overturned. I promised both of them that I would hear the evidence and give each of them a fair hearing. No gold was offered to me, nor any other form of bribe.

If anyone was offered a bribe and refused it, tell somebody. If anyone has a first hand account of this, say something. Otherwise, I'm going to chalk this up as a rumor.

That being said, offering or accepting darkon gold as a bribe is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

If these guys are supposedly banned/suspended from the game why are they even at events garnering support?
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-04-09

I'm not sure if we (the club)can keep players off of the field (it's not ours) but we can prohibit play.
BoD confirm?

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-04-09

It's a public park that we don't rent.

We would have more of an ability to keep them away from the event on sites we are paying to rent.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2013-04-09

Exactly. Public park that we do not pay for, they can be there. They just can't participate.

I hope this is just rumor, but as I heard it I had to address it.

Have I told you all how much I love being President this year?
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Sir Martin of BAMC
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Martin of BAMC » 2013-04-10

This game coin bribe thing has got to be a really bad joke, right?

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-04-10

Prince Andrick wrote:Have I told you all how much I love being President this year?

So much fun you'll * the floor.

-Fingers

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Tsukebe

Post by Tsukebe » 2013-04-10

This rumor is dirty, disgusting, and outright foolish; it hurts my gamer's soul.

I'm personally willing to pay any player who has been offered Darkon coin to come forward and say who offered you the money, how much, and what for.

I'll offer any amount of my personal gold, potions, poisons or scrolls for people to PUBLICLY come forward with this info, and I'll publicly admit to making this offer. Hell, I'll even make you garb or armor.
[hr]
[move][font=center]Contact Me[/font][/move]
[hr]

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-04-10

This sounds like a load of * to me. I mean anyone stupid enough to try and bribe people with plastic coins should just kill themselves. That being said I wish I could be 100% positive that this was simple a stupid rumor that got spread around. Unfortunately the quality of some of our members leads to to at least consider some stupid bastard would try this.

However I can promise you no one has approached myself or LoAP. If they did I would have brought this to the attention of someone after I laughed at them and told them what a waste of a human being they are.