May Campout, Team Fortress Darkon: in review

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Thrush Svartehjertet

May Campout, Team Fortress Darkon: in review

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-09

Cas of Elidor & Thrush Svartehjertet present:

EPIC, ALL DAY CAPTURE THE FLAG!

Map drawings are verrrrry approximate... sorry (also, you need to open the image itself to see the whole thing 'cause this site sucks... Sorry again): http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31 ... 1368103676

Red team:

Fort and Flag down the power lines hill (“mod area”)

Hades somewhere near Northern Kingdoms camp

Blue Team:

Fort and Flag in the bowl below the tavern

Hades near Ched Nasad camp

There will be four, 1 hour quarters to this game. We will change bases after each quarter. The faster you get into your base, the faster lay on is called!!!

Tokens:

1 token is awarded to the team who scores a flag capture. NOT lootable except by thieves >edit< using their thief ability by the rules >/edit<. Must remain in play (Can not be taken back to camp, as camps are not part of the game)!!!!!!!! Only one token is allowed in a Thief Pouch at a time.

Rule Type Stuff:

- Headbands issued after check in when we see how many people are playing, you CANNOT PLAY without a team color headband on. You will be sat down for cheating, and your team will lose a token.

- Stay in bounds if you are playing. Make it OBVIOUS if you are NOT playing. You will be sat down for cheating, and your team will lose a token.

- Flags cannot be modified.

- A flag is captured by bringing the enemy flag back into your designated base area. Your flag does not need to be present to score, HOWEVER, when one team scores an air horn will sound three times quickly and both flags reset (so it’s a race if both flags are out) and hades will empty >edit< AND EVERYONE RETURNS TO THEIR BASE >/edit<.

- Flags do not instantly return if their team kills the flag thief. They MUST return it to their base IMMEDIATELY while being in play, it is your ONLY mission at that point if you kill the flag thief to return your flag TO YOUR BASE (this prevents one team from sending a fast guy off into the woods with their flag all day).

- Any class with disguise gets one headband of each color, just grab one of each at hand out time. **

- Hades release means you are alive, right then and there!

- NO HADES CAMPING (if your team starts this crappy tactic, you will lose tokens).

- Hades is 6 minute release cycles

- No real walls (fort building), no Darkon walls, ONLY Vine Walls (Druid, see bleow), camping areas are off limits. This is an open woods and trail fight only.

- You MUST attack OR flee from any player wearing the other team’s colored headband. No allying, no talking to them, you are either killing them or they are killing you! If you see someone with YOUR color headband on, running AWAY from you with YOUR flag, he MAY be on the other team... Just sayin’...

- Thieves and assassins, we recommend having your disguises up to snuff!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO LEVEL RESTRICTION ON DISGUISE.

** You figure out how to use this to your advantage.

Fighters: Normal fighter levels and rules. BUT, they gain one hit (AFTER armor) for every token they have on them. This is like a “skin” that stacks with armor. If you are hit with a spell that ignores armor, you absorb ONE of those spells PER token (you’d be alive after a fireball, with no armor left for carrying one token). Must wear a yellow headband (issued by elders upon scoring) as well as team color, if they are carrying tokens. Spread them out, or make one super beast... Up to you how to distribute.

Clerics: Unlimited HEALING spells (cures/rez) as per character level, offensive spells cost normal points.

Druids: Vine Wall (ONE (1) elder issued, 20 foot, yellow rope (issued to you at check in (say you are a Druid...)) that may only be tied between ANY 2 trees (not shrubs, not more than 2 trees). Make up a 60 word spell for this (costs no points). Normal Darkon wall rules apply. When the Druid dies, the Vine Wall goes away (Druids, you are in charge of running your Vine Wall, when you die, tell everyone “wall is gone” and get it back in your pouch or whatever. If you are not by your Vine Wall when you die, hurry back and take it down BEFORE you go to hades). Dispel magic makes it go away. The Brooch of Shielding allows bearer to pass through. The arrow of piercing goes through.

Rangers: Ignore Vine Walls. Enchanted arrows ignore vine walls (make sure you call this out LOUD).

Mages: Unlimited REPAIR/DEFENSE (mend/charge/gaseous form) spells as per character level, offensive spells cost normal points. NO Giant Growth.

Warrior Mages: Unlimited REPAIR/DEFENSE (mend/charge/missile ward) spells as per character level, offensive spells cost normal points. NO Giant Growth.

Thieves: Can wear opposing team’s colored headband as part of disguise. Can have one token in their pouch. Can loot tokens.

Assassins: Can wear opposing team’s colored headband as part of disguise. Assassins may turn 1 token into an elder in exchange for 2 black headbands. The Assassin may then kill an opposing team member while in disguise and choose to “assassinate them” by giving them one of the black headbands. The other member must wear the black headband (as well as their team color) and can only play a first level fighter (no token use) until they turn a token in to >edit< THEIR FLAG ELDER (in their base) >/edit< to have it removed. At that time they resume playing their original character.

Monks: Monks are 5 foot radius (so 2 feet farther than arm’s reach) giant growthed, ONLY if they have the flag. Monks must make their own giant growth headbands for this, and should just wear them if they want the bonus. Again, it ONLY counts if they are holding a flag, and represents their martial arts mastery.

Cavaliers: Same as fighters, but with normal cavalier abilities.

Team with the most tokens at the end of the day wins.

Each country on that team gets something fancy (if the people in charge allow it).

Tower, Boat, Gold....whatever makes people happy and is allowed.

The player with the most flag captures gets 200 gold!!!!

Have fun, fight hard, be strategic!

-Thrush & Cas

WE NEED RADIOS AND A FEW ELDERS! Thanks!
Last edited by Thrush Svartehjertet on 2013-05-20, edited 4 times in total.
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: MAY CAMPOUT, SATURDAY CAPTURE THE FLAG: Rules

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-09

Locked old topic for you but for some reason Mods can't sticky or if they can I didnt see how :)
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-09

Thanks. If anyone has questions, pleaede, feel free. We'll answer. But it's not actually very complicated...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

CasofElidor

Post by CasofElidor » 2013-05-11

Get excited Darkon...This is going to be fun!

Havoc
Squire of the Realm

Post by Havoc » 2013-05-11

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:- Thieves and assassins, we recommend having your disguises up to snuff!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO LEVEL RESTRICTION ON DISGUISE.

So... you are saying what exactly here? That there is no detecting disguise?

exoduscleric
Knight of the Realm

Post by exoduscleric » 2013-05-12

"Mages: Unlimited REPAIR/DEFENSE (mend/charge/gaseous form) spells as per character level, offensive spells cost normal points. NO Giant Growth."

What about Stoneskin/ Steelskin? As it's adventure, it would need to be recast, but it says unlimited defense. Just wondering where this would fall for clarification.

Thanks.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-13

exoduscleric wrote:"Mages: Unlimited REPAIR/DEFENSE (mend/charge/gaseous form) spells as per character level, offensive spells cost normal points. NO Giant Growth."

What about Stoneskin/ Steelskin? As it's adventure, it would need to be recast, but it says unlimited defense. Just wondering where this would fall for clarification.

Thanks.

We consider skins to be defensive spells, they cost zero spell points.

Havoc wrote:
Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:- Thieves and assassins, we recommend having your disguises up to snuff!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO LEVEL RESTRICTION ON DISGUISE.

Sorry we did not clarify, detect disguise works as normal:

adventure‐only skill ‘Detect Disguises.’ This skill allows a higher level Thief to see that a person may not be what or whom they claim by noticing flaws in that person’s disguise. They are not able detect the actual identity of the disguised character, just that they are indeed, in disguise.

This skill can be employed after interacting with the suspect, or observing the suspect interact with another character, for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds the Thief states to the suspect, “I am an nth rank Thief. Are you in disguise?” The participant must then answer honestly and continue acting as they were. The act of asking if the participant is in disguise is considered out‐of‐game, but the “observation” must be in‐game.

The diffrence is ALL thieves and Assassins have disguise with no level restrictions. Detect still works as normal, but I don't expect someone who is going to try to detect disguise to try to cheese it anyway. Disguise can be the msot fun or the most cheated thing in the game... We are trying to come up with a fun mechanic for Capture the Flag, we are hoping Darkon wants to have fun, not just hit the easy button to win.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Thrush Svartehjertet

exoduscleric wrote:"Mages: Unlimited REPAIR/DEFENSE (mend/charge/gaseous form) spells as per character level, offensive spells cost normal points. NO Giant Growth."

Thanks.

We consider skins to be defensive spells, they cost zero spell points.

Havoc wrote:

Sorry we did not clarify, detect disguise works as normal:

adventure‐only skill ‘Detect Disguises.’ This skill allows a higher level Thief to see that a person may not be what or whom they claim by noticing flaws in that person’s disguise. They are not able detect the actual identity of the disguised character, just that they are indeed, in disguise.

This skill can be employed after interacting with the suspect, or observing the suspect interact with another character, for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds the Thief states to the suspect, “I am an nth rank Thief. Are you in disguise?” The participant must then answer honestly and continue acting as they were. The act of asking if the participant is in disguise is considered out‐of‐game, but the “observation” must be in‐game.

The diffrence is ALL thieves and Assassins have disguise with no level restrictions. Detect still works as normal, but I don't expect someone who is going to try to detect disguise to try to cheese it anyway. Disguise can be the msot fun or the most cheated thing in the game... We are trying to come up with a fun mechanic for Capture the Flag, we are hoping Darkon wants to have fun, not just hit the easy button to win.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2013-05-13

When you say no level restriction what do you mean?
Like any level thief or assassin can use the skill regardless of level, or that any thief who can use the skill can detect my disguise regardless of their levels vs my levels?
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Thrush Svartehjertet

I think I am bad at English today...

ALL thieves and assassins, REGARDLESS of level, have disguise. Detect works as normal. Does that make sense? I think I am saying what I mean.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

CasofElidor

Post by CasofElidor » 2013-05-13

Any thief or assassin may use disguise.

Detecting disguise will still be level based but don't just stand there shouting "X level thief I can see your disguises!". Walk up to someone you think is disguised, state your level and ask "can I tell if you are disguised?" You know, like the description of the skill.

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2013-05-13

CasofElidor wrote:Any thief or assassin may use disguise.

Detecting disguise will still be level based but don't just stand there shouting "X level thief I can see your disguises!". Walk up to someone you think is disguised, state your level and ask "can I tell if you are disguised?" You know, like the description of the skill.

Dang. I have to know my level?
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-05-13

Kobalos wrote:
CasofElidor wrote:Any thief or assassin may use disguise.

Dang. I have to know my level?

Safe bet is: If you don't know who they are, or they aren't bald or they don't have grey hair, you're probably a higher level. :P

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-14

"I am Kobalos, I'm old, I know most of Darkon, I don't know you and you look 12."

Kobalos, master old guy... er... thief.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-15

WHAT YOU ARE LISTENING FOR FROM THE AIRHORN:

-1, one second burst starts a quarter.
-1, five second long airhorn every 6 minutes clears hades.
-3, one second airhorn bursts is a flag capture and you must return to your base quickly to reset.
-3, three second airhorn blasts after 60 minutes is the end of a quarter, someone grab your flag, and go to the other base.

Thrush & Cas
Warriors Guild

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-15

If this works out well, and players like it, this scenario could be added to the scenario list that's being compiled... Just a thought as this can be a day event in a can at any woods property.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-05-19

Great job throwing this together Cas and Thrush. Small turnout, but still had some great fighting.
I speak for all my fellow Felgardians of Asaheim when I say that we had a blast, simply put, because we like to fight.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-05-19

One of the best times I've had at campouts in a long time. You guys made a great event, and I hope we have more like this. Those who missed this campout should regret it lol.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-05-19

I had fun at the campout as well. The fighting was intense. I was barely able to move afterwards. There were a number of really good battles between the sides. There was a bit of cheese on both sides with camping the flag early on. Both teams got a double cap out of it and the elders did a good job putting an end to that. I give the elders and the teams a thumbs up because I did hear people complain about the placement of the flags, but I did not hear any whining or bitching or giving the elders crap about it. Maybe someone somewhere was making noise about it, but I didn't hear it. The elders were also kind enough to listen to us players and adjust the game as it went on and people got more exhausted. Moving the flags made for a faster game that was more about fighting and a little less about running.

Outside of the main plot, there was other fun to be had. On Friday night Waaagh! and a few other enterprising folk (that can identify themselves if they want to) decided to turn to vigilanteism to keep the Streets of Darkon safe. "Keeping the streets of Darkon safe" meant collecting donations/protection money from anyone who would pay and then killing anyone carrying a weapon outside of camp, because of course, that's dangerous. Many thanks to everyone that went along with us. It was highly entertaining.

Also on Friday night, Northern Kingdoms had put together their own RP plot and they were putting Raekwon (son of the emperor of NK) on trial. The trial continued on Saturday Night after the event. Waaagh was invited to watch and we quickly became entangled in the proceedings. Gutzmangul became Raekwon's council and Spoon, the other ork of Waaagh! was acting as baliff. The twists and turns of the trial were many and I was pleased to see lots of other people from lots of other countries showing up to watch the trial, to participate in the intrigue and to have an awesome time RPing and making their own fun.

Anyway, those were the highlights of the night for me. I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: May Campout, Team Fortress Darkon: in review

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-20

Thanks to our 3 volunteer elders Z, Jackie and Beth who helped keep us informed of everything even through dying radios! Thanks to EVERYONE for the overwhelming willingness to try a very rigid rule set, I hope it was rewarding. Special props to the 4 dudes from Norhtern Kingdoms who played all day even when at the beginning most of the their country was pooping or pouting... That was rough and you guys were trying REALLY hard to make up for your lack of teammates. Thanks to No Quarter! and Asaheim for being willing to switch teams, if we had more people, that would probably not have been necessary. Thanks to the realm for bringing the small teams vs distance to travel issue to our attention in a constructive manner, not just whining, hence it got solved (with fully staffed teams, the idea of the distance was for Clerics to keep the fighting moving forward by rezing and healing en route to the enemy).

Overall, this wa some of the most overwhelmingly positive attitude I have seen from the majority of campout attendees. I think those of us who go to campouts no matter what are the ones who like to play Darkon the most, so that is not a coincidence! Love ya'll!

Awards:

The final score was Red: 8 tokens, Blue: 2 tokens

The nations of Red Team will get a prize.

Kronos of Nurgle captured the flag 3 times and wins the 200 gold prize.

Martin of Bloody Axe wins the role play award and will get a prize.

We need to talk to whoever is in charge of prizes about the legality and issuing of our prizes.

Thanks Darkon! This event will be perfected and the equipment added to the stash of event stuff so it can be run any time by anyone (good day event dontcha think?).

Cas & Thrush
Knights of Tuesday
Warriors Guild

Garwa Mayharr

Post by Garwa Mayharr » 2013-05-20

The Silverdain guys had a lot of fun at the campout and we can't wait till July to come back. For having just about a week to put it togather Thrush and Cas did a great job, It may have been a small turn but it was the best figthing I'v had in a long time. Also the weather was perfect..... Im just sorry for those who missed out.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-05-20

We need to talk to whoever is in charge of prizes about the legality and issuing of our prizes.

email the eb

Is this something you think we can run at Burtonsville on 6/30? There are woods there, and I dont mind using your rules for the CTF I was going to host that day.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-20

Hell yeah. There will be over 30 Darkonians missing that day as it's cleanup day at Ragnarok... But I'll give you the run down.

Thrush
Warriors Guild