New player looking for camp mates

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
Moonstrife

New player looking for camp mates

Post by Moonstrife » 2013-05-13

Hello Darkon!

I just recently discovered your game and was intrigued enough I've decided to come out and give it a shot! After speaking with some of the leadership, I was led to believe things might go smoother camping-wise if I found an established group to set up with. I am a generally genial individual who will be more than happy to trade some communal food and a case of whatever you're drinking in exchange for a place by your fire and some help learning the ropes! My current plan is to arrive Saturday morning, and stay that night and into Sunday, but I could probably be motivated to show up Friday night if there's a need or desire. Roleplay group preferred, but not required.

If you'd be willing to have me, I welcome contact through forum PM. If there's more details to work out (like what, exactly, it is you are drinking) or you'd like to know a bit more about the person who'll be setting up next to you, I can provide a phone number there.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Darll

Re: New player looking for camp mates

Post by Darll » 2013-05-13

Feel free to camp with Kindred Ill send you my number by PM. Ill be there Friday so you can call me when you get there.
Ranger
Cobbler Maker of Kindred
Quarter Master of Kindred
OB, OD

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 2013-05-13

Welcome to the realm! The Bloody Axe mercenary company would be more than happy to share a fire and stories with you this coming weekend. I am the standard bearer for the company and would be more than willing to show you the ropes and to tell you of the adventures and profit that await those who choose the long, difficult, and rewarding life as a mercenary of the Bloody axe of the Ravenscar Confederacy of Free States, as well as introduce you to the other fine countries of the realm. I will send post via fox with a more private way to contact me with any questions you may have.

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2013-05-13

You are also welcome to join the brothers and sisters of Asaheim at our campsite. There will be plenty of fires, meade and stories to go around.
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

Artex

Post by Artex » 2013-05-14

Or Camp with LoAP. We have Orcs and Skavens, and Humans, and Goblins, and good looking women. Top that.

DrSquirrel

Post by DrSquirrel » 2013-05-14

Artex wrote:Or Camp with LoAP. We have Orcs and Skavens, and Humans, and Goblins, and good looking women. Top that.

In Kindred we have Cobbler and its the best Cobbler ever, also we have Darll.
Something something kindred something

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-05-15

You're more than welcome to swing by The Northern Kingdoms, even if you don't camp with us. We'll gladly share our food, alcohol (if you're at least 21), and stories about "the old days". Plus if you're interested in RP stuff, there's always tons of that going on in our camp.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2013-05-15

With all this newbie chasing, I have to say
Don't come to Ched Nasad, we hate everyone...including ourselves, if not more than we hate others. We rp and drink, and we have kicked pretty much all the girls out. So it's a bunch of drunk guys fighting each other around a fire. Sounds like fun to you.... If so, go seek therapy.
Don't come to Ched Nasad.

Oh and I don't think we are going to be at this campout, we got a lot of stuff going on.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-15

That sucks. Cas and I run something that your guys would excell at.... aaaaand nope. You rule.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Slass Varg

Post by Slass Varg » 2013-05-15

I hope to attend my first Darkon event on June 2 - and am very happy to see the warm response and welcomes from several countries responding here.

Finding detailed - and current - information about countries online is a mixed bag at best. There is much recommended about "come and fight with a few countries to see where you fit," but it's still nice to hear "come hang out with us."

So for that - you all rock.

Hopefully someone can loan me a sword on June 2! :-)

P.S. - what time is check-in for events? (That's another thing not easily found online.)

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-05-15

Check in is from noon to 1pm at day events and noon to 1pm on the Saturday of campouts.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-05-15

There is an in-character recruitment section...

As new people expect every country to chase you, even pay you to join.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-05-15

I always advise going to a day event first; unless of course, day events are out of reach or poor time economy to drive to. 4 out of 26 Darkon events are camp outs, not a majority of the events... but many WOULD say they are fun events in their own right.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-05-15

Lord Dubh wrote:There is an in-character recruitment section...

As new people expect every country to chase you, even pay you to join.

haha, do people actually pay people for their RL time in a game? I hope with real money.