June 16th Event- Elidorian Capture the Flag

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
fingers630
Knight of the Realm

June 16th Event- Elidorian Capture the Flag

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-04

6/16/13 Capture the Flag Event- Bizarro Adventure Rules In Effect

The Nations of Darkon are invited to the Elidorian Forest to compete in a game of Capture the Flag by Archmage Lucius Alexander Crum. As it often is with Master Crum, things are not entirely what they seem. A ritual has been enacted at Black Spire Tower to ensure that randomness and silliness reign supreme, and a Bizarro Spell has taken root. Individuals may play any class they desire, at whatever rank they sign in for the day.

For example, Bob signs in as his rank 20 Mage, but has always wanted to play a cleric. Bob may now play a rank 20 cleric for the day. Any items created by Bob are good for this Bizarro battle only, and possible Bizarro battles in the future, should the Elders allow it. Anyone with a Bizarro scroll or potion that wishes to use it, please contact Fingers via PM BEFORE the battle for permission.

Please keep in mind, whatever class you sign in as for the day, gets the battle credit, dictates your level for the day, and is the class you must use for any land action that day.

The Nuts:
This will be a modified capture the flag battle with 2 teams in play and ADVENTURE RULES IN EFFECT. There will also be 2 Hades running on the honor system for individuals to rez and come back to the fighting.
As you enter Hades, there is a 10 second count off, then you may return to the fighting.

Please be advised that if there is an extreme heat warning that day, you should take water breaks during the day.

The object of the battle is to take the other team’s flag and to prevent them from taking yours. You score a point by taking the Enemy’s flag, and returning it to your own fort. Once inside, an Elder will sound off, and a hold will be called. Team’s will return to their starting positions, and the flag will return to its original fort, and lay on will be called once more. First team to 5pts wins.

As the flags will be padded and safe for on field battle, you MAY fight with a flag in 1 hand. It cannot be used to block with and if killed, the bearer drops it immediately.

This event has Modified Adventure Rules in effect.
- No AOE spells inside any fortification. AOE spells simply do not function and cannot be cast inside a fort. This includes all offensive spells, dispel magick, sanctuary, etc.
-
- Giant Growth has no effect on PCs. If cast, the person it is cast upon does not fight on his or her knees vs any Giant NPC….and the woods is crawling with NPCs, some might even be giants!
-
- All bizarro writs are good only for the day of the event, and must be signed by the Magistrate or Head Event Elder Fingers.
-
- Sanctuary may not be cast within 5ft of the flag, so if you are a flag bearer, you cannot cast it, and you cannot cast it, then stand in front of the flag.

The forts:
Constructed of the very forest itself, the keeps that will be used in this scenario are enchanted vines and branches, woven together by Elven Druids, and as such have antimagical properties to them. Therefore no AOE spells may be cast inside the fort, and any spells that pass into the fort are dispelled on contact. That means fireballs landing in the keep do nothing, mages may not pass wall on the vines, and anyone in Gaseous Form will be dispelled once inside. Protection spells, such as headband and capes are unaffected HOWEVER you must cast them on yourselves outside the fort. Offensive spells may not be cast from inside the fort and thrown out either.

The walls may be climbed, as normal, and only missile weapons and pole arms from inside the fort affect people attempting to climb. Also, Druids may pass through the wall freely, with items in their hand, as if they had cast the “Passwall” Spell. This only works for the druid however, not individuals with her.

The Classes:
Each Class gets a small Perk for the Adventure:

Fighters
To playtest how OP you will be if Thrush’s dream comes true! All Fighters gain Leather Skin. This does not stack with any other armor, and only covers areas where you do not have any armor on your body. You MUST wear a blue armband on your sword arm indicating that you have leather skin.

Clerics
You have asked for it for how long now? You got it. Clerics may use Daggers this event.

Druids
You may passwall on the fortifications as if you had cast the spell Pass Wall. This only affects you, and you may not “bring” anyone with you through the wall. Simply tell the elder “Druid” if challenged about passing through the wall.

Rangers
Your enchanted arrows may fire directly through the fortification walls, they do not have to fire at a 45 degree angle over the walls.

Monks
For the duration of this scenario, Monks are immune to all radius offensive spells (fireball, entangle, warp wood) simply call out MONK NO EFFECT! if a spell lands within 3ft of you. Direct hits still effect you.

Mages
Protection Spells (capes/headbands) cost 0 spell points and reset automatically when in Hades. All other spells use spell points as normal.

Warrior Mages
May use shields of up to 24 inches, however they function as a “buckler” and are destroyed in 2 hits by a shield breaking weapon.

Thieves
May backstab with spears under 4ft in addition to Daggers

AssassinsMay nominate a single weapon “poisoned” for the duration of the scenario. Each time they go to Hades, they recharge this item. While charged, the weapon holds 1 dose of 5 minute Agony Poison. The item must have the appropriate colored tape on it, and the bearer must call out “Agony 5” on the first hit. Poison must do damage to a person to take effect, if it strikes armor and causes no damage, the poison hit is lost.

Cavaliers
The chosen warriors of their god have received another blessing, protection from Poison. This protection is in effect from Lay on, and is renewed each time the Cavalier leaves Hades. It stops 1 poison attack and the Cavalier must wear a purple armband on his/her left arm.

I will need 3 Elders for this event (1 for each Keep, and 1 roamer in addition to myself). I will also need several volunteers to play monsters from the Land Search Chart. They will stumble into the Scenario every so often. Finally I will need a few people to help me set up the fortifications for the event. I will get there around 11am to start doing so and will direct the LM where to fight land searches as so they do not interfere with the 2 teams or Scenario.

If any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.
FTR
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Zentor

Re: June 16th Event- Elidorian Capture the Flag

Post by Zentor » 2013-06-04

Two questions:

Since new players are no longer checked in as undeclared and are Fighters, will they not be able to use "Leather Skin" to keep in line with the no armor for 5 events rule?

And second, will they be able to bizarro into another class, even if it is first level?

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-04

Yes they can bizarro a 1st class whatever they like. They are still bound by offical Darkon rules of no armor, no bows, no greatswords for first 5 events however.

Havoc
Squire of the Realm

Post by Havoc » 2013-06-04

Zentor wrote:Two questions:

Since new players are no longer checked in as undeclared and are Fighters, will they not be able to use "Leather Skin" to keep in line with the no armor for 5 events rule?

And second, will they be able to bizarro into another class, even if it is first level?

New players do in fact check in for the first 5 events as Undeclared, and are limited to no 2h, no missile, no armor.

Zentor

Post by Zentor » 2013-06-04

The rules are changed now Havoc. They specifically say they check in as a fighter.

Page 11:

New participants must also register as a Fighter (see Chapter Five) until they have attended five events,
at which time they may convert any credits gained at that point into the character type of their choice. 

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-06-04

I would advise against giving "new players" an extra hit.
I don't think it's going to be a game breaker, but we may not want to dump another rule set on them.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-05

New participants may not wear armor

There ya go. No armor (including leather skin) for new participants. If you enjoy the scenario, keep coming to Darkon, and when I run it again possibly in November....you can have armor!

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-06-05

Hey fingers, I'll volunteer to elder all day if ya still need elders.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Sounds good thanks.

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-06-05

if I come out, I may as well.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Your enthusiasm is noted sir :)

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-06-05

I just * up my finger at practice last night 2.5 weeks before Ragnarok. Let me tell you how I'm NOT * anything else up before the best week of fighting of the year... Such a dumb, rookie ass move to fight hard in the last few weeks before Rag...

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-06-05

EXACTLY what thrush said. Thrush * my finger up at practice half a month before Rag. Lol
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-15

Bump.

Festivities will begin around 2pm so get your dumb ass land wars finished with. I will need assistance building the 2 keeps so if you can spare 10 minutes please find me during check in.

Thanks

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-06-16

Thanks to Marci, Charles, Tyriel and Mardeux for eldering today. Hope everyone had fun, with the humidity being ass, it was the first battle Ive ever seen everyone done by 4pm LOL. Red team won, 2-1