A salute to Roleplay

General chatter about the Club and Realm of Darkon
shroom2021
Darkonian

A salute to Roleplay

Post by shroom2021 » 2013-07-05

As a light role player myself, I always like to hear about moments in Darkon history when people make memorable moment through roleplay.

Anyone have any good stories or examples of players who have gone above and beyond to truelly create unique and/or interesting in game moments for the club?

Some examples could include arguments, deaths, fights, or subterfuge done in character.

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Re: A salute to Roleplay

Post by Snudge » 2013-07-06

Anyone that's interested can see me for the complete details of each of these. They are in no particular order.
1.) Carcosa Insanity Campout at Avanti.
-Darl, Wulfrick, Dr Squirrel, Gutzmangul, and Kitty(the cat thief) brave a mod that I trapped with 42 doses of poison behind me with the permission of the elders using the find remove traps skill. None of them lived, but their roleplay was epic!
2.) Kindred Genine/Djinn Campout at reunion
-New Mordom & Nurgle in a mod, so much hilarious roleplay thanks to the bats and that wretched vine.
Cothon as a rhino, Bendore as a thief in plate,
3.) AQ "The Man" campout at Avanti
-A warrior mage and 3 thieves enter a dungeon........Gorgrim has a spider head helm and siren got a dagger of res that she used to stab thrush to death with so he'd be unwounded and alive. The roleplay that resulted from all of the above was awesome
4.) BAMC El Dorado Campout at Reunion
-The whole campout was nothing but RP, RP, RP. Highlights, Capt Ig as a prospector, New Mordom & Nurgle caravan talks, the mootian supply raiders
5.) Northen Kingdoms Worlds Faire Campout at Reunion
-It was two campouts in a row with RP galore, so much went down its indescribable. Its more of a I was there sort of thing
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-07-06

Pretty much anything that Dan Boomhower does. Be it Sir Martin, Darshan, Whisper, or that assimilated guy I walked off down a dark path with (never to be seen again). That man, from what I've seen, is the embodiment of phenomenal RP.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2013-07-08

One time a group of very chaotic strange folks, we'll call them "The Empyrean" took over a tavern/castle run by some Arch Duke - we'll call him Thom, because I don't remember his character name, but he was an NPC - and told everybody that came to visit that we were, in fact, the Arch Duke. All of us. And we had people bow to us... And if they didn't, we simply wounded their legs so they had to. It went on for a good hour before Thom came back and told us all to "get the * out".

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-07-08

LOL. I think Moot or BA ran that campout. I had turtle guards who couldnt be injured in the back, and was told to "just die" at some point cause I was mouth raping much face. Laconia even had someone try to infiltrate my turtle guard ranks. I miss that chair.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2013-07-09

Rza. that's it.

BaiterofBAMC
Darkonian

Post by BaiterofBAMC » 2013-07-09

fingers630 wrote:LOL. I think Moot or BA ran that campout. I had turtle guards who couldnt be injured in the back, and was told to "just die" at some point cause I was mouth raping much face. Laconia even had someone try to infiltrate my turtle guard ranks. I miss that chair.

I remember infiltrating the Turtle guards that adventure. Sadly I was 0/2 for hits that adventure.

Saris Fey-Branche
Darkonian

Post by Saris Fey-Branche » 2013-07-10

The Crown War. Most wars in general seem to promote good rp.

Good personal memories seem to involve Gutzmangl. The 1 vs 1 fight between Valfrynn and Gutz in which they savagely rolled around in the dirt.

There was also the instance that "started it all" - CB was rolling with Elidor and Harrumph was in negotiations with them. I decided we had too many friends and randomly killed the chancellor in the middle of said negotiations. Hilarity ensues.

I've heard a lot of good things about Marin of CB and her campout antics, although I sadly cannot state from personal experience because I am working most weekends.
Chosen Blood Officer

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-07-10

I had a blast at the crown war. Personally, I think Slindar, Malkin and Croaker should have squared off vs Alfred, Cailin, and Andrick.....and then the rest of us swarmed the survivors :)

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2013-07-10

I'm bad at names. Is Marin the CB lady that "testified" against Sir Raekwon during his trial?

That entire trial was full of great RP. Gutz, the CB lady, Cauthon (and his tail about the tree), everyone else. Great thing about it was the RP dealing with the trial never stopped the entire weekend.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2013-07-11

fingers630 wrote:I had a blast at the crown war. Personally, I think Slindar, Malkin and Croaker should have squared off vs Alfred, Cailin, and Andrick.....and then the rest of us swarmed the survivors :)

Cailen turned that fight down, it's what Slindar offered.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-07-11

Good choice. Offering up some of your best guys for sacrifice usually doesn't pay off.

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-08-07

I'll make a more comprehensive list, but I've had a lot of great RP experiences with a lot of great folks.

Props to CB because they play their villainy/honor through and through. Their rivalry with Waaagh! and the friendship that exists outside of that is what I think Darkon is all about. Nothing but fun things have come about from this. NK has done a lot of fun things with this as well with their war.

Props to BAMC. They bring it every day. They are always on and they are wonderful RPers. I can't even count the times they gave me a big smile on my face from their RP. Special props to Sir Martin and Cormac.

LoAP gets props for their RP in general, but their Goblin New Years event was hilarious and a lot of fun. Who wouldn't want to win a dead bird for their bravery and skill? Hilarity ensued. It was all great!

Props to Kindred for going to war with Nurgle so whole heartedly because someone wrote that in that book of truth during the Darkon flashback event. We set about cleaning Nurgle's campsite and arranging all of their weapons in neat rows organized by size. We stacked all their shields. We threw away all their garbage. Nurgle came back and killed everyone, but they acted suitably outraged when they came back to see their neatened camp.

Props to the two Elidorians that came up to the orks during the zombie campout with the Champion, the Leader and the High Priest. As we sat down, two Elidorians who never gave their names came up to our gate and said "Hey orks, do you wanna go do something stupid that will probably get us all killed?" Props for the ensuing mad idea to attack the heavily fortified Exsilium force and props for the best pitch to get the orks to do anything.

Props to NK for their dramatic formation and the crowning of the Emperor and Rza's badass speech. Props to Falaris who jumped from being a pope to being a saint by willingly allowing himself to be sacrificed to bring closure to the plot and destroy the zombies and other undead. Props to NK for the trial at the capture the flag event. I had fun in it and it only goes to show that anyone can make their own RP happen and make their own fun. (Don't get me wrong, the event was fun, but all RP was just PC RP).

Props to Pain and the Jester of Ched Nesad at the Darkon Debate. The Jester was hilarious and Pain was a most intense rival to Gutzmangul's genius debating. If he had not tried to murder Gutz, he might have been the smartest two legs in Darkon.

RP is alive and well in Darkon if you get out there and do it. Every campout has resulted in wonderful RP and the way people have reacted to the orks has been perfect. No one treats us like we're a bunch of guys here to hit each other with foam swords. They treat us like we're orks and that makes the game fun for us.

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2013-08-08

Props to the two Elidorians that came up to the orks during the zombie campout with the Champion, the Leader and the High Priest. As we sat down, two Elidorians who never gave their names came up to our gate and said "Hey orks, do you wanna go do something stupid that will probably get us all killed?" Props for the ensuing mad idea to attack the heavily fortified Exsilium force and props for the best pitch to get the orks to do anything.

And if you are ever looking for an extra body for another suicidal mission, do not hesitate to come over to Elidor and ask around to Caeldoarn (also go by cael for short). It's too bad Ched or someone interrupted our attack just as we finished smashing the gate. We would have been slaughtered by ourselves, but we managed to get slaughtered AND flanked.

Also I remember another campout where I successfully hired the orcs to waylay random travelers with me and paid you guys with teeth (I think it was actually a bag of chiclets, but it was awesome that you guys took it). Although I seem to recall that I got entirely to drunk and forgot about the whole thing, think I was drunk when I paid you in teeth to begin with.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2013-08-12

Bendore the Skulker and Whisper.

That is all.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2013-08-13

Not that he likes to toot his own horn...

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2013-08-13

How could I forget? Props to ORCS for their whole campout! Being an ork myself, having more greenskins makes everything more fun. Big Boss Geezo was particularly entertaining!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2013-08-13

fingers630 wrote:Not that he likes to toot his own horn...

ha