New Player, Need Help

Any topic that does not fit into one of the other forums.
btomp85

New Player, Need Help

Post by btomp85 » 2013-04-30

Hey guys!

I know I am probably in the completely wrong section, but I've been browsing this site now for over an hour.

Anyways, I have never played this before but I really want to get out there and start learning the basics. I know that the best way to do this is to just come to an event, but honestly its a little nerve racking showing up to somebody elses show and standing on the side lines like a lost sheep.

Is there somebody here that could possible communicate with me, show me the ropes and kind of sponsor me?

Thanks in advance

Brendan
Btompkins85@gmail.com

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: New Player, Need Help

Post by fingers630 » 2013-04-30

Welcome. If you have any game specific questions, you can post them on the Game Rules forum. As far as getting a feel for the game, there is nothing better than coming out to an event. At every event, the Nobles of the Realm give a speech to new players, basically explaining the hit system, and a few other areas of interest.

You are free to approach anyone in the Realm with further questions, such as "what kind of country is yours?" or "what do you think is best about X class?".

Feel free to seek me out in Elidor, the Green Country with the Stag. As a multiple Marshal and almost 20 year vet, I will do what I can to answer any questions you have.

Fingers
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-04-30

Agree 100% with what Lord Crum has said there are many people all with different backgrounds and histories in our organization and sometimes its best to meet people face to face with a open mind to best see who is a good fit to join up with.

-In Service,
HRM Cailen Sendor
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-04-30

If you go to this link. http://warlordsports.com/Main.aspx?content=articles

Go to the selector bar and watch the movies at the bottom. This will show you some pretty basic grips, guards, and stances. It also has basic shots, and the best ways to use them. There is a bit more info on there as well, but this is all you'll need for now I think. I hope that helps you out some.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

BlueMoon

Post by BlueMoon » 2014-10-03

Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention
bILLI