New to Drakon

A place for club members to ask the Executive Board and Noble Council questions. Questions will not be answered immediately but will be considered at the following meeting of the body being asked. If you have a sensitive question, please e-mail your question to the President (for the EB) or Vice President (for the Noble Council)
Windle Dregon

New to Drakon

Post by Windle Dregon » 2014-01-19

I am new to this. I just need a little push in the right direction of what to do. I know little to nothing about what to do or where to go. Can someone please offer some aid.

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Re: New to Drakon

Post by Snudge » 2014-01-19

come to the battle at Oregon ridge this coming sunday (1/26/14), there are a multitude of people who will be glad to show you how it works and there is a speech for new players that explains the game
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

[__Yak__]

Re: New to Drakon

Post by [__Yak__] » 2014-01-20

^ all of this. And be sure people know that you didn't come with a current player. A lot of vets who would be friendly if they know you're alone won't really engage you if they think someone brought you. It's not personal, it's a matter of not wanting to "poach" someone else's new player - and just being really busy with their own stuff.

When you get there, you'll see a line (or something somewhat resembling a line) - if you make your way to that you'll see people with clipboards. They're the costume marshalls - and if you make first contact with them they can give you some advices on who to talk to - or maybe even make a connection for you. (They won't have A LOT of time for you - since they are doing a job - but they WILL point you somewhere with a smile) Nearly every country will have some loaner garb and weapons for you to try out.

Also - feel free to wander around and talk to other people in other units. As a "nomad" you'll be excluded from any country dealings or politics. So if the country you're in calls a private meeting wander over and fight/talk with someone else ...

Good luck!
- Yak