Prospective Gain!

A place for club members to ask the Executive Board and Noble Council questions. Questions will not be answered immediately but will be considered at the following meeting of the body being asked. If you have a sensitive question, please e-mail your question to the President (for the EB) or Vice President (for the Noble Council)
frost240

Prospective Gain!

Post by frost240 » 2012-10-11

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself here and maybe just maybe i can convince someone to extend a helping hand. My name is Paul, and i am 25 years old. Ingame name currently under thought... I will be living in Silver Spring, MD next month and hope i can dive into this new world. Dont know what my work hours will be at this time. I havent done anything like this before, but i am eager to learn. Not sure on how things are done. Just dont know where to start. Will be doing more research on character names, and details. Hope to see you all sometime! Thanks!

Sir Sturmbjorne
Knight of the Realm

Re: Prospective Gain!

Post by Sir Sturmbjorne » 2012-10-11

Hail and Welcome to Darkon.
You will want to go here for some of the FAQ that people ask.
http://darkon.org/intro.html
Baron Wulfvin Sturmbjorne, KR, OSW, CC, OD, CM(Druid)
Knight of the Realm
King of Asaheim
Huskcarl and Jarl of Asaheim
President 2015
"Bound by honor, Released in death" - Felgardian Contract of Arms

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-10-13

I wouldn't set anything in stone until you figure out what you like. Lots of concepts don't work out. I would advise some forum creeping then attending an event. Make your rounds with the different units, ask questions, go fight.

frost240

Post by frost240 » 2012-10-14

Lord Valfryn wrote:I wouldn't set anything in stone until you figure out what you like. Lots of concepts don't work out. I would advise some forum creeping then attending an event. Make your rounds with the different units, ask questions, go fight.

Thanks for the advice! I will be reading the rulebook front to back and look at each class abilities.

Also, are there anyone around here that makes clothing? If not, then i will have to look into getting a sewing mechine and such. Maybe that can be a great hobby for the wife to do, she also wants to get into this.

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-10-15

There are people who make clothing here. Ask any of the costume marshals (myself included) and we can either guide you to someone who can do it, give you places to purchase already made clothing online, or even make it for you. Most of us can sew and know others who can as well.

A costume marshal should always be in the check-in line with a paper and pen asking you for country symbols and requirements, checking that you have your class requirements (new people don't need to worry about that part), and inspecting your garb. There may be more than one of us, but always at least one.

The key thing is to ask, which you are doing already. There should be enough people there willing to help you out. I generally bring some extra garb myself because someone in my country might need it, and I know others do the same. The price usually is that you fight for us that event.
- Ogre Solaris, cleric of Kindred. CB
Kindred Brewmaster
Worshipper of Helios, God of the Sun
http://www.darkon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ogre_Solaris

frost240

Post by frost240 » 2012-10-15

Would it be possible for someone to email me the weaver? The actual form, my computer wont load it from the link provided from the forms page. Keep sshutting down my browser. Thanks in advance.

I plan on making the 18th event, need to get all my ducks in a row and such. I want to make the 4th event, but i live in the hampton roads area atm. Its a bit of a drive haha. So i hope to see you all soon! Going to get garb ready and talk to someone about weapons. Cant wait to have a blast!

President

Post by President » 2012-10-15

frost240 wrote:Would it be possible for someone to email me the weaver? The actual form, my computer wont load it from the link provided from the forms page. Keep sshutting down my browser. Thanks in advance.

I plan on making the 18th event, need to get all my ducks in a row and such. I want to make the 4th event, but i live in the hampton roads area atm. Its a bit of a drive haha. So i hope to see you all soon! Going to get garb ready and talk to someone about weapons. Cant wait to have a blast!

Love to see you at Darkon but for regular events using similar rules try ORCS LARP.

http://www.orcslarp.com/

DrSquirrel

Post by DrSquirrel » 2012-10-16

Me and a couple people live near there pm for a facebook url and I can give you a couple people who do weapons and such.
Something something kindred something