Question about crown war and prisoners

A place for club members to ask the Executive Board and Noble Council questions. Questions will not be answered immediately but will be considered at the following meeting of the body being asked. If you have a sensitive question, please e-mail your question to the President (for the EB) or Vice President (for the Noble Council)
shroom2021
Darkonian

Question about crown war and prisoners

Post by shroom2021 » 2012-10-17

I was wondering, if the crown war is following adventure rules, is it possible to take characters captive and even hold them hostage during the course of that day?

President

Re: Question about crown war and prisoners

Post by President » 2012-10-17

shroom2021 wrote:I was wondering, if the crown war is following adventure rules, is it possible to take characters captive and even hold them hostage during the course of that day?

Ok, so the event is an adventure but the actual Crown War is NOT using adventure rules. This creates an odd situation and I expect to have to make some on-the-spot calls but I encourage people to do whatever they want to try, just expect things to not go your way to make the day playable and enjoyable for everyone.

Remember, this is the FIRST time we have ever done this...so some things will be on the fly.

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2012-10-17

Cool!

Thank you for the prompt reply

President

Post by President » 2012-10-18

The Noble Council feels that the Crown War should be seperate from the rest of the event day and have requested that I make it clear that anything that occurs during the day will not impact the Crown War.

While I disagree with this and feel that the Crown War is the event and not just something that occurs at the event (like a land action) and that assassinations,kidnappings and the like should be part of the 'festivities' until we can figure out as a club when people are indisputably in-character, the events that occur on the sidelines and in other activities of the day shall not impact the Crown War.

I want the club to consider what the Crown War could be, and help it evolve into an EVENT instead of an action.

shroom2021
Darkonian

Post by shroom2021 » 2012-10-19

So if I am reading this right, if I capture a person during the battle it might still count..... :twisted: