Question to the NC

A place for club members to ask the Executive Board and Noble Council questions. Questions will not be answered immediately but will be considered at the following meeting of the body being asked. If you have a sensitive question, please e-mail your question to the President (for the EB) or Vice President (for the Noble Council)
LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Question to the NC

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2013-02-13

Many years ago there was a ban on red swinging weapons... this is not stated in any of the recent rulebooks.
And i hear that a recent player was told to not use his back spike(red) on an axe.
Is there a rule that needs to be placed in the book.
People have been asking what is the reason that we dont see spiked clubs.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Re: Question to the NC

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-02-13

I have recently brought weapons through check-in with back-spikes on them; axes, hammers, and the like. The spikes were inspected and passed as red without issue.

Soooo... I'm aware of no rule; written or unwritten that would prevent a 'swung red'. From a personal perspective, I consider 'red' not to mean 'thrusting' or 'stabbing' but to mean 'piercing'. With that understanding both historical and fantasy war-axes, hammers, picks, and the like are perfectly reasonable.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-02-13

I think the ruling might have been that two handed swinging red is a no no. One handed is fine. Although we could bring this up at the next meeting and figure something out. Sounds like a simple fix to me though. I have no issues with swung red at all one or two handed.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2013-02-13

hopefully its the meeting that i can attend.... i am just checking into things that people have talked about for years (unwritten rules from bla blah years ago, no that was banned in 1865 after that guy was cut by duke boris) and was seeing if the story i heard from last event was true.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-02-14

First rule of weapon design; 'is the weapon safe'?

Everything else is negotiable at one level or another.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."