Darkon's Expectations

Discussions related to the topic of having Darkon chapters or an over-all Darkon Alliance of clubs all using the same rules or similar enough rules to allow for inter-club events, and character reciprocity.
Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Re: Darkon's Expectations

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-02-23

BaiterofBAMC wrote:John, I understand what we need to do, just dreading the brawl that will occur. That being said, lets put up a proposal.

Cool..get with Ash and Cetreal, they are well into it as well.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Defalcone

Post by Defalcone » 2012-02-23

First of all my fellow Realm members and me wish to thank you. It is those who are rolling up their sleeves, and as Sir Caetrel so eloquently put it, wrestling that bear for us! If you guys pull this off, then the rest is clearly on our shoulders.

It will be up to us the show you that we are worthy of you hard work and effort. I have made this very clear to my Realm. So I salute you!

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-03-05

So this is where we are on this, for the benefit of Defalcone and others elsewhere in the U.S. whom this may concern...

Baiter submitted a proposal for Senate to approve a tentative go ahead. This will come up on the Senate agenda, and as per the current procedure it will be discussed at one meeting and then voted on at the next. At this discussion portion we need to, IMO get 99% of Senate behind this. There are a few big bugaboos which Darkonians, rightfully so, are very concerned about. Core rules, how chapters could affect us down the road, etc...

If we get this go ahead, a committee reporting directly to the President/ EB will develop the needed documents. The committee's work will be done quickly, we have blueprints from other games, our past proposals, etc...The committee will then submit its documents back to Senate as an official binding prop AFTER the Exec Board has ironed out all of its issues.

In other words, the official prop for chapters will only go to Senate when 100% of the committee and EB have resolved all issues. We'll give Senate a bulletproof document, or we will have failed before we started.

This will be a slow process. I cannot guarantee any measure of success. We'll keep you guys posted.
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Defalcone

Post by Defalcone » 2012-03-12

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-04-08

The proposal passed Senate by an overwhelming majority today. This just means that Senate feels there is no harm in a committee drawing up Chapter agreements and contracts to be later voted upon. So we'll do just that, and once we have something solid we'll give it to the EB to iron out. Once the committee has a solid document that the EB will stand behind 100%, we submit it to Senate to be ratified as a bylaws addition, and following that it goes for an EB approval as well.

Right now the committee consists of me, Baiter and Ash. We do not really need help, but if anyone would like to join, you are welcome. We will do all work electronically.

For those interested, what we will be doing is:

Producing a Chapter Contract
Producing a Document to be passed into the Club bylaws defining chapters.
Ironing out any legal matters related to our current corporate structure

This sounds simple, but things like Core Rules, Chapter status and evolution, inclusion of a national database need to be worked out and there is alot of ground there. It is my intention to present a series of options to Senate wherever possible.

I would expect the Committee to have stuff for the EB by no later than the end of May. It will likely be much sooner than that.
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-04-09

Thank you Gerard. This is a major step in the direction Darkon should have been going all along...
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Garwa Mayharr

Post by Garwa Mayharr » 2012-04-09

I would like to join you three on committee. If you don not need my help I would understand. Just wanting to be part of this and help any way I can.

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-04-09

Garwa Mayharr wrote:I would like to join you three on committee. If you don not need my help I would understand. Just wanting to be part of this and help any way I can.

Please do join. If you want to PM me your email addy. IMO the perspective of the actual Chapters is something we should hear.
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2012-04-09

Agreed thank you Gerard and all who labor to make this become a reality.
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2012-04-09

Thanks everyone for your support on this!
King of Sarum
Knight of The Realm

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-10-02

Just to bump and let you all know this was not dropped. The avoid issues with two different major issues hitting at once this is only delayed until after the Senate is done with the bylaws. Many of us will take this up again as a hot issue.
Master Thief of Darkon

____