Discussion - Chapter Agreements

Discussions related to the topic of having Darkon chapters or an over-all Darkon Alliance of clubs all using the same rules or similar enough rules to allow for inter-club events, and character reciprocity.
Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Discussion - Chapter Agreements

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-12-18

Recognizing that only about 20 people participate in the forums and few respond, I would like those that do to really read over the initial hack at an agreement that would create official chapters of Darkon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iy9 ... jlxuU/edit

You have the ability to comment directly on the document and of course comments here are welcome.

Happy Holidays!

John M
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Re: Discussion - Chapter Agreements

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-12-18

Do we really need to have a tiered chapter system?

The answer is "Depends on if clubs other than Darkon Wargaming Club, Inc. will ever be given a say in changes to the Core Rules."

The purpose of the tiers it so show a clubs maturation to the point they deserve a say in the changes to the Core Rules.

What does Amtgard, Belegarth and Dagirhir do?

What does the SCA do?
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Defalcone

Post by Defalcone » 2012-12-19

The only issue I have with it is the fact that we have to have a B.O.D to become at full chapter. This is going to prevent smaller groups like us to get the full benefits. The fact is we just dont have enough people right now interested in running the game to ever achieve a Darkon size B.O.D.

Dagohir requires just three officers to serve on the board, this makes it easier for smaller realms to incorporate.

Amt has several levels Shire, Barony, Duchy, Kingdom, all based on how many people show up on a yearly basis, plus they need a large B.O.D to move beyond shire stage. So not so good for smaller groups.

If we were required to just post three a member B.O.D A President, a Vice President and a Treasurer and get to choose how they are 'elected' smaller realms will have chance. I really dont think a realm should be penalized for its size.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-12-19

Defalcone wrote:The only issue I have with it is the fact that we have to have a B.O.D to become at full chapter. This is going to prevent smaller groups like us to get the full benefits. The fact is we just dont have enough people right now interested in running the game to ever achieve a Darkon size B.O.D.

Dagohir requires just three officers to serve on the board, this makes it easier for smaller realms to incorporate.

Amt has several levels Shire, Barony, Duchy, Kingdom, all based on how many people show up on a yearly basis, plus they need a large B.O.D to move beyond shire stage. So not so good for smaller groups.

If we were required to just post three a member B.O.D A President, a Vice President and a Treasurer and get to choose how they are 'elected' smaller realms will have chance. I really dont think a realm should be penalized for its size.

The actual requirement is to have non-profit corporate status within your state. This would require a B.O.D. per state law but the number of people on the Board is also set by state law.

I see no reason for us to tell anyone how the club should be governed when that is covered by local and state statutes.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Defalcone

Post by Defalcone » 2012-12-19

I must have misread something somewhere under the contract I though that darkon wanted us to have a darkon sized bod, my apologies!

Garwa Mayharr

Post by Garwa Mayharr » 2012-12-20

Not to hinder any future chapters, However I do think that the person or persons who seek to start new chapters should demonstrate some level of professionalism and be over 18 years old as not to waste Darkon's time.

As for giving other clubs a says in rule changes. That's a hard to answer. No is the simplest answer. If there is a Darkon chapter that works its because they follow the core rules that are outline, and if there is a change to them by Darkon its only for the betterment of the game (for the most part). If there is a rule change that would affect the game in a major way then it could be up to the current darkon BOD whether the chapter presidents should have a vote or not.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-12-20

Garwa Mayharr wrote:Not to hinder any future chapters, However I do think that the person or persons who seek to start new chapters should demonstrate some level of professionalism and be over 18 years old as not to waste Darkon's time.

As for giving other clubs a says in rule changes. That's a hard to answer. No is the simplest answer. If there is a Darkon chapter that works its because they follow the core rules that are outline, and if there is a change to them by Darkon its only for the betterment of the game (for the most part). If there is a rule change that would affect the game in a major way then it could be up to the current darkon BOD whether the chapter presidents should have a vote or not.

I think that is how Amtgard operates...they have a meeting at some point with all the Kingdom Monarchs and they vote on changes for the organization...though I could be wrong.

I am actually looking to see how the SCA does it though. They have 'rules' the entire world uses but the local Kingdoms also have some of their own.

I am also proposing to the committee that the method and perks of being a Realm level chapter be tabled and the agreement give a date by when the Darkon Wargaming Club, Inc. would have it all worked out...since it would be 2 years after signing a contract before anyone was eligible anyway may as well give us time to get used to the idea...

As for age requirements the contracts can only be signed by people 18 and over.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Sir Caetrel
President

Post by Sir Caetrel » 2013-12-21

Where are we on this guys? Did the chapter agreement ever get voted on?
Baron Caetrel Von Garren, KR, OSW, OR, OG, CC, CS
Lord Protector of The Northern Kingdoms
King of Sarum
High Priest of Torm The True, First Born of The Dragyn
Brother of The White Mantle
Knight of The Realm

Sir Aethilgar
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Aethilgar » 2013-12-27

Sir Caetrel wrote:Where are we on this guys? Did the chapter agreement ever get voted on?

I asked the same a few months back:

http://darkon.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=968

Seems like we are getting closer but that each step forward is painfully long.
Baron Aethilgar Sheldwich

Facta non Verba

"Arguing on the forums is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After some time, you realize that you are getting dirty, but the pig is actually enjoying it."

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2013-12-27

I think that we just need to make a chapter agreement at this point.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~