Senate meetings for 2013

Official announcements from various governing bodies of the club.
Magistrate

Senate meetings for 2013

Post by Magistrate » 2013-03-15

Greetings all we have having 2 senate meetings from now till the end of the year

November 17 Patuxent River Park Jug Bat Natural Area Elders Choice (senate)

December 15 Burtonsville Country Battle (senate) note this is also the date of the triumvirate meeting. The senate will only be meeting this day to have revote on anything that the Board of Directors voted no to earlier from the Nov 17th meeting if senate choses to have a vote. Senate will meet 1st then directly after that the Triumvirate will commence.

rules passing both senate and the Eb will go into effect Dec 31st

at least 1 month before each meeting the general adjenda will be posted

all finalized meeting adjendas will be posted on the boards before the begining of the event on the event 2 weeks before the date of the senate meeting

If a topic is brought before the senate and voted down then for the year it will be considered tabled this is to cut down on all the proposals that we will be seeing at least 1 time this year which will be a huge burden of time I would like to try to get everything looked at properly at least one time (2 in the case of BD disproval)

If a proposal passes senate and fails when presented to the board then it shall be readdressed and brought up just before the rules would go into affect at that senate meeting before rule changes going into effect for revoting on

any questions on this please contact me directly - this is a proposed schedule and is subject to change, or if there is nothing needing to be voted upon meetings may be dropped

Magistrate

May 5 Patuxent River Park Jug Bat Natural Area Pre Adventure

Post by Magistrate » 2013-04-01

Listed by who is presenting then the proposal
adgenda for May 5 Patuxent River Park Jug Bat Natural Area Pre Adventure *

Knights of the realm applications
This is a information portion (not a vote) the Senate will get the names of all players that are applying for Knight or Squire at this event for the Fall Tourney. They then will be able to draft /and or make any responses to these applications at the following senate event on June 2 Redland Elders Choice

Coinage proposals
Any country or group wishing to have the organization sign off on new coinage may present what they are proposing at the meeting. They must have all information with them reguarding the coin specifics and a picture of what it will look like must be presented. In addition any proposals must bring a copy of this information reguarding all aspects of the coin proposed to the meeting so that each senator will have the draft in front of them at the meeting - if copies are not brought for all senators the proposal will not be discussed and voted upon this day.

Thom Hitz
The Scoundrel/ The Rogue
As per Thom's request his will NOT be voted upon or discussed at the meeting but rather Thom will be handing out copies of the proposal to each senator so they have time to show it to thier countries and come up with any questions reguarding how it will be done if approved. At the next senate meeting the proposal will be discussed and voted upon at that time.

John Machate
Proposal - Chapter Agreements
Proposal - Additional Content to the Rulebook
Proposal - Crown War/High King
Proposal - Starting money

Thaddeus Danger Jude
Removing "neutral color" requirements from Druid and Ranger

Nicholas Seniura
Proposal - AR1 Padded Armor

Kevin Inox Zygmontas
Utility Proposal

Artex
Remove Alignment requirement from Monk.

Yaron Linett
Armigerous Awards

Justin Willoughby
New javlin specs (already presented to NC on safety side)

--- this is a pliminary list will be adding to it till it is locked in on 4/8/2013 minor adjustments may still be made up to 2 weeks before the meeting if it is deemed nessary

contact me directly if you want to have your proposal be reviewed and voted upon at this meeting

I will add it to the list as I get it

Magistrate

Re: Senate meetings for 2013

Post by Magistrate » 2013-05-31

Reminder the next event we will be having senate as laid out above and below.

June 2 Redland Elders Choice (senate revoting on proposals that failed to pass the board of directors approval)

at this meeting all proposals that board of directors did not approve (but senate passed) will be re - presented to senate again with the notes from the board as to why they did not pass them

senate will have the chance to review the notes and if they chose vote to overturn the boards ruling

if anyone needs to add anything else to the adgenda please let me know - magistrate rulings will also be brought before senate to get the senates views on them

in addition this will be the time to give your feedback on the the noble petionioners that were handed out last senate for review so that senates thoughts on these people can be documented to share with the noble counsel when they review the applicants

thank you,
Magistrate

Magistrate

Post by Magistrate » 2013-06-28

NOTE at the event on June 2nd senate was made aware that we needed to meet to elect a new land marshal per the bylaws. "When a vacancy on the Board exists the Senate will elect a new member."

At that meeting the senate it was clearly stated to the realm that anyone looking to fill the position to contact the Magistrate or have conversations within country's to see if anyone had any person willing and able to fill this vacant position then to contact the magistrate. So far to date I have not been contacted with any new applicants besides Amy Teets who stated at the meeting she could do and be willing to fill the position. This coming event we will have a short senate meeting to bring her up for vote and anyone else who decides that they would be able to fill the position.

We need to get a player locked into the position so that we can move forward with land actions and work out all the kinks with the system (like having countries sign off on how many people they are taking on offensive land actions before 1pm the day of the invasion so that everyone knows exactly what is going to be occurring by the rules and so we don't have any more issues that take away from game play for the day because of confusion)

Thank you,
Magistrate

Magistrate

Post by Magistrate » 2013-10-14

November 17 Patuxent River Park Jug Bat Natural Area Elders Choice (senate) agenda

1. vote on the following awards: (as I am contacted I will update this list)

Golden Spud;

Brandy Stolasrz

Order of the Mask (CM);

Cleric: Faleris
Mage: Mardux
Fighter: Thorson
Thrush
Druid: Pearson
Monk: Rza
Thief: Ghost
Warrior Mage: Zero
Ranger: Ronan

Order of the Raven (OR);

Warboss Gutzmangul
Steve Brown
Zahn Kenan
Robert Chung

Order of the Dragon (OD);
Jeff Bach/Darll of Kindred
Stephen Middleton
Yaron Linett
Gerard McNeal
Amy McNeal
Aaron Knab
Pat Kelly
Cormac
Angel Kane
Jacque Blake
John Kornreich

Bylaws ratification vote on 2012 bylaws changes (they are posted in the up to date bylaws and just need ratification by senate)

Then new rules proposals:(Will update as people confirm they can present)

Please contact me asap if you are willing and able to present at this meeting rule changes they will be added here to the agenda.

In addition any awards needs to be given to the person that is council head of the governing body responsible for voting on the position by the 2nd event in Oct - If you make me aware either on the boards or here I will make sure that person is informed properly

Thank you,
Cailen

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-11-18

I WISH TO THANK EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TODAY FOR THE VERY PRODUCTIVE SENATE MEETING ... !!!!! we got threw the whole agenda and because I am exhausted today sadly I will not post it yet cause I wish to take the time to get it right and check my notes. I should have it up within 3 days - do to work this week so by wed night late should be ready for posting - just wanted to give a heads up and again thank you everyone! - update for updating the rules online - I broke down and personally purchased a program to help edit the online doc and am still running into issues spent 6 hours on Saturday editing and still not really half done yet so I apologize for the length of time it is taking me but I promise to have it up soon even if it kills me
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Magistrate

Post by Magistrate » 2013-11-25

Thank you everyone who attended the meeting :) Senate results fall 2013 (awards go into effect – rule changes will be presented to the board of directors for approval or rejection at the next meeting.)

December 15 Burtonsville Country Battle (senate) note this is also the date of the triumvirate meeting. The senate will only be meeting this day to have revote on anything that the Board of Directors voted no to earlier from the Nov 17th meeting if senate choses to have a vote. Senate will meet 1st then directly after that the Triumvirate will commence.

1. Senate approved the following awards per the bylaws:

Golden Spud;
Brandy Stolasrz

Order of the Mask (CM);

Cleric:
Faleris

Mage:
Mardux

Fighter:
Thrush

Monk:
Rza

Warrior Mage:
Zero

Order of the Raven (OR);

Warboss Gutzmangul
Steve Brown
Zahn Kenan
Robert Chung

Order of the Dragon (OD);
Jeff Bach/Darll of Kindred
Stephen Middleton
Yaron Linett
Gerard McNeal
Amy McNeal
Aaron Knab
Pat Kelly
Cormac
Angel Kane
Jacque Blake
John Kornreich

2) Bylaws 2012 bylaws changes all stated here was ratified by Senate and previously by EB and goes into effect permanently

8. A quorum is set at four-fifths of the voting Board members before business can be
transacted or motions made or passed. (Clarified by Board December 2012, to be
ratified by Senate CY2013) WAS NOT PASSED BY SENATE! and will be represented to senate at next meeting because of misrepresentation of what is actually being changed

for now It should revert to:
A quorum is set at four-fifths of the Board members before business can be
transacted or motions made or passed.

a. Order of the Mask (CM)- Given to those individuals to one individual annually, chosen
as the best representation of their class. Companions of the Mask are awarded by the
Senate. (Clarified by Board December 2012, to be ratified by Senate CY2013) PASSED

f. Golden Spud- Awarded to one individual annually for having a great attitude and
showing eagerness and loyalty to the club. Awarded by the Senate to a player that has
joined the Club within the past 12 months. (Clarified by Board December 2012, to be
ratified by Senate CY2013) PASSED

3) Previous Magistrate / Presidential rulings review

Senate and BD approved will go into the rules on December 31st.

Two Weapons in One Hand:
It is legal to hold two weapons in one hand and using them to block is not anviling.

Elders:
Every country WILL offer one Elder each event. Report to the Magistrate or Event Elder.
Elders will enforce the rules, even calling peoples shots, as mandated by the rulebook. Anyone arguing with an Elder will be sat down or sent home dependent on the severity as determined by the Elders.

Poison:
The adventure skills/spells, neutralize poison, immunity to poison and purify food and drink can be used in any scenario in which the use of poison is permitted by the rules.

There has been a question regarding the costume marshal having the ability to send people home based on these two rule wordings in separate areas of the rulebook. The following statement is approved to be changed to reflect the Costume Marshal always retaining the right to deny participation when deemed necessary.

This:
“The Costume Marshal will inspect the costuming of all participants as they check‐in, and Elders will enforce the costuming rules during game-play. If at any time a participant is found to be not in appropriate garb, they will be required to play with only a single handed sword/club/bar; if they are already participating, they will be made to fight with a single handed sword/bar/club until such time as they have on appropriate costuming.”

Becomes this:
“The Costume Marshal will inspect the costuming of all participants as they check-in, and Elders will enforce the costuming rules during game-play. If at any time a participant is found to be not in appropriate garb, they will be required to play with only a single handed sword/club/bar; if they are already participating, they will be made to fight with a single handed sword/bar/club until such time as they have on appropriate costuming. The Costume Marshal still has the right at all times to deny participation in the day’s event to any participant whose costume is deemed inappropriate if it is deemed necessary.”

Adding text to the following:

Orignal:
“Arrows and javelins must impact by their tips in order to inflict damage; glancing hits do not cause damage. If an arrow is intentionally blocked, caught, or deflected by a participant through means other than a shield, that participant suffers a light wound to the limb that blocked the arrow, regardless of armor. The same penalty applies to a participant who interferes with the flight of a javelin by its tip."

Add text after the text above:
“Specifically if a player deflects an arrow by use of a weapon or hand and they are not a monk they are required to take a light wound in the arm doing the deflection regardless of skin spells or armor. The damage caused in this case is a penalty for doing something strictly against the rules.
If your weapon is struck and you had no idea an arrow was coming at you and you did NOT place your weapons to act as a deflection point then and only then you do not have to take a wound. If an arrow hits your weapon and the weapon is between you and the archer and is acting in any way shape or form as a deflection tool you are to take a wound to the arm holding the weapon with the added result being dropping the weapon to the ground immediately.”

Rogue proposal by Thom Hitz
Did not pass BD so will go back before senate next meeting to see if senate wishes to overturn BD. The reasons it was turned down will be presented at the senate meeting for review.

This submission is to replace the Thief and Assassin classes in Darkon with 1 class that employs the skills and talents of both of the previous classes. Those with Thief or Assassin characters may transfer their credits on a 1 time basis to the Rogue Character. Persons with multiple Thief/Assassin characters can transfer their credits in into 1 or more Rogue characters with the same total credit levels.

For example, if someone has a Rank 7 Assassin and Rank 20 Thief, they may transfer the credits to form one Rank 27 Rogue, or a Rank 10 and Rank 17 Rogue, etc.

Rank 1- Looting
Rank 2- Pick Pocket, Disguise
Rank 3- Backstab, Climb Walls
Rank 4- Read Languages, Open Locks
Rank 5- Find/Remove Traps
Rank 6- Interrogation (Torture)
Rank 7- Make Poison (Any type)
Rank 8- Assassinate (Write Writ 1x Day)
Rank 9- Read Magical Language (ability to cast from scrolls)
Rank 10- Guild Master / Master Thief
Rank 15- Detect Disguise, Rogue’s Pouch
Rank 20- Improved Interrogate

The Rogue
Rogue characters are masters of stealth and disguise. They are limited in their armor, shield, and weapon choices due to their need for stealth and agility.
Rogues may use any weapon except chained yellow weapons, black weapons, and any weapon exceeding 4' in length (Missile weapons are excluded from the 4' restriction). Rogues may garb themselves in any style of costume, from a wizard’s robes to silk and lace, but they must wear a skeleton key on their person as a symbol of their character type. Rogues may wear armor of no greater than AC2, and may use a shield of any shape, so long as it does not have any dimension exceeding 24”.

Rank 1:
All Rogues have the ‘Looting’ skill at 1st rank. This skill allows the Rogue to quickly search the dead bodies of other participants and NPCs for loot and treasure. To perform this skill, the Rogue must present his skeleton key to the dead body and ‘search’ each body part (head, torso, limbs) and any bags, pouches, etc., by naming the area to be searched. For example, the Rogue presents his key and says to the dead body, “I am a Rogue, here is my key. Do you have any treasure on your left arm?” Bags and pouches attached to the body location are considered part of that location. For example, a belt pouch secured to a person’s waist is considered to be part of the torso. However, if a shield or pouch is dropped away from the body, it must be looted separately. Once an area is searched, the dead creature must give the Rogue any ‘in‐play’ items he may have such as coin, Relics, maps, treasure, and so on. If a character or creature is mortally wounded, he is not affected by the Looting skill.

Rank 2:

At 2nd rank, a Rogue gains the 'Pick Pockets' skill. Unlike Looting, this skill allows the Rogue to steal objects from the bodies of living creatures. An Elder must be present for the Rogue to use this skill.

The Rogue will inform the Elder which item he is trying to steal (this may include a particular single item or the contents of a bag or pouch held by an individual), and from whom. The Rogue must then, in the witness of the Elder, place his hand on the item to be stolen or the specific area where the item(s) are contained (pouch, boot, shield, etc). The victim must not be aware of the attempt, and cannot be completely incapacitated (paralyzed, agony poisoned, Entangled, affected by Hold Person, etc.).

The time for which the Rogue must remain in contact varies by rank:
2nd – 10th: 15 seconds
11th – 19th: 10 seconds
20th+: 5 seconds

The Elder will give the Rogue a pre‐determined signal, which will signify that the task is complete. Sometime later, the Elder will inform the victim that he has been stolen from and retrieve from him the item that was stolen. The Elder will then give the item or
items to the Rogue in private.

At 2nd rank, a Rogue also gains the adventure-only skill of 'Disguise' with which he may Disguise himself as any race or character type that exists in the game. A Rogue may disguise himself as a member of another Country (i.e. wearing their surcoat) but may not disguise himself as a specific character.

When in disguise, the Rogue must wear some physical representation of the disguise,
for example armor, dress, robes, surcoat of another Country, etc. A Rogue will not gain any of the abilities of another character type he may be disguised as. However, the Disguise skill does allow the Rogue to exceed the armor and shield restrictions of his character. While in disguise, a Rogue may wear armor from up to the AC3 armor rating, and use any shield that does not have a dimension greater than 36". When a Rogue exceeds his armor/shield restrictions he cannot use any other Rogue abilities until 15 minutes after the armor and/or shield are removed.
This skill relies heavily on role-playing, both on the part of the Rogue, and the other players
surrounding him. Often, players will notice a disguise when the characters do not; all involved are encouraged to act as if the Rogue fits normally in his surroundings.

Rank 3:

At 3rd rank, a Rogue's agility allows him to 'Climb Walls.' The Rogue can climb any 'wall' of a Darkon structure (see Fortifications in Chapter Three), by lying flat on his stomach and, beginning at a distance of 10' from the wall, crawling to it. The Rogue can have nothing in his hands while climbing.

When he reaches the wall safely, the Rogue may enter the structure by simply passing
through the rope, tape or whatever is used to represent the wall itself. If a Rogue is caught climbing a wall, he may only be attacked with missile weapons or pole arms from inside the structure while on the wall, and, if hit, must take normal damage and drop from the wall landing outside the structure.

Any time a Rogue jumps or falls from a wall, he suffers a light wound to both legs,
regardless of armor and in addition to any other damage caused by a weapon hit.

Also at 3rd rank, a Rogue also gains the ability to 'Backstab.' Due to their stealth, Rogues may quietly approach their opponents from behind, allowing them an attack to a vulnerable spot. A Rogue may make one Backstab attack to their opponents' back (torso), which is the equivalent to two red attacks. This attack must be made as a surprise to the victim and can only be performed with a dagger.

Backstabbing results are as follows:
AC0: Death
AC1: Death
AC2: Death
AC3: Mortally Wounded
AC3: Mortally Wounded
AC4: Armor Destroyed
Stoneskin: Death
Ironskin: Death
Steelskin: Protection Destroyed

Rank 4:

At 4th rank, a Rogue gains the ability to 'Open Locks.' This is a skill that allows a Rogue to open, or pick, locks or barred doors.
The Rogue should visibly hold her skeleton key in an outstretched hand when using this ability.
At 4th-10th rank, the Rogue may open a non-magical lock in 15 seconds.
At 11th-19th rank, the Rogue may open a non-magical lock in 10 seconds. She may also unbar the unmanned gate of a fortification, allowing the gate to be opened from the outside.
At 20th rank, Rogues may open a non-magical lock in 5 seconds. They can also bypass magical locks or portals (including items affected by Hold Portal), and can choose to automatically lock or “re-bar” anything that they bypass.

At an Elder’s discretion, this skill does not function against locks and portals for which a specific means of entry is part of the Adventure plot.

At 4th rank, a Rogue also may 'Read Languages' other than the common Darkonian tongue. This skill allows a Rogue to immediately translate any written text that she reads.
This understanding is generally plain language only; it does not automatically solve any puzzles or riddles, decode ciphers, or uncover hidden meanings.

However, a Rogue of 20th rank and above is even savvier at deciphering, and may receive additional clues or hints at an Elder’s discretion.

Rank 5:

At 5th rank, a Rogue gains the adventure-only skill 'Find and Remove Traps.' This skill allows a Rogue to uncover traps and disarm them.

The Rogue should visibly hold her skeleton key in an outstretched hand when using this ability, and should always inform an Elder prior to its use.

Rogues of 5th-10th rank can detect and disable small physical traps such as poison needles, trapdoors, etc. They can also detect larger, full room physical traps, which may include even incidental things such as a tunnel near collapse.

Rogues of 11th-19th rank can also detect (but not disable) magical traps such as glyphs, stone guardians, etc.

Rogues of 20th rank can detect and disable any sort of trap. They may also elect to bypass a trap they could disarm, leaving it active after they pass by.

The effect of this skill is subject to the discretion of an Elder; the use of this skill should facilitate and not supersede plot development.

Rank 6:

At 6th rank, Rogues gain the skill to 'Interrogate’ (or Torture) another character in order to obtain information. To perform this skill, a Rogue must choose the victim from whom he wishes to extract information. This skill may not be applied to a mortally wounded character, but may be applied to a character with one or more light wounds.

The Rogue must then role-play the interrogation with the victim for five minutes. If the session is interrupted, all effects of the interrogation are canceled. Once the session is complete, the Rogue may ask his victim one question, and the victim must answer to the best of his or her knowledge truthfully and literally. Only in character knowledge may be divulged, and then only if the victim knows the information sought.

After the question is asked and answered, the victim suffers a mortal wound and will die in five minutes if not healed. If the victim is healed, the Rogue may interrogate the victim further or the victim may be released.

Rogues may only torture characters of Equal to or lower rank than themselves.*

Rank 7:
At 7th rank, Rogues gain the ability to 'Make Poison' on adventures only. A Rogue may make five doses of any type of poison (see Poison in Chapter Seven) per adventure day. To make a dose of poison, the Rogue must announce his intention to the Magistrate or Marshal at the beginning of the adventure day. He then must supply the Magistrate or Marshal with a written Poison Writ stating the type of poison to be made, its effects, and duration. He must also pay the full cost of the poison.
The Magistrate or Marshal will sign the Writ and give it to the Thief. Poison charts can be found in Chapter Seven: Special Items.
Rank 8:

At 8th rank, a Rogue may be commissioned to ‘Assassinate’ another character during adventures. Assassinations are the only means of removing another character from an adventure for longer than the normal 12 minutes allowed for death. To perform an assassination, a Rogue must first obtain a Writ of Assassination.

A Writ may only be obtained in one of two ways:
First, it may be acquired from one of the three Guildmasters of the Assassin’s Guilds in Darkon. The Rogue must obtain a Writ with the character name of the victim to be assassinated and the mark of the Guildmaster.
The second way is for a Rogue to write his own writ, which must then be signed by the Magistrate/Head Elder of the event. A rogue may only write ONE such writ per adventure day.
A Writ is only valid for the event during which it is written. Once the Writ is obtained, the Rogue is free to assassinate his victim.
An assassination can only be performed with a dagger, an arrow, or by poison. The Rogue must strike his victim with a blow that would cause at least a mortal wound. Once the assassination is performed, the Writ must be left with the victim. If the assassination
is performed with an arrow, the Writ must be tied to the shaft of the arrow.
Assassinations may also be performed with death class poison (see Poison in Chapter Seven); however, the Writ must still be left with the victim. All rules regarding Resurrection apply to assassination victims. Any assassinated character may not return to play for 6 hours unless resurrected through magical means.
An assassinated player may play any of his other character personas or classes other than the one assassinated. If the player does not have any other classes/personas, he or she may then make up a new persona and play as a rank 1 fighter for the duration of the assassination.
For example, if I Thom Hitz am playing Fingers the Mage, and I am assassinated, for the duration of the assassination, I may not play my rank X mage that was assassinated, nor may I return to play as Fingers for that same period of time as any other class. I could however any of my other classes and use a different persona while playing them, or I could play a 1st rank fighter.

Rank 9:

At 9th rank, Rogues gain the ability to 'Read Magical Languages' as an adventure-only skill. In addition to reading normal languages, a Rogue may now translate magical texts, and can read and cast any scroll. The Rogue reads the scroll just as a caster would, and may then immediately cast the spell written on the scroll, following normal rules for scroll reading and spell casting.

Rank 10:

At 10th Rank, the Rogue becomes a Master Thief, and his “looting” skill improves. From now on, when he loots, all locations (and nearby dropped items) are searched at once. The Rogue must present his Skeleton key to the dead body and say “I am a Master Thief, and here is my key. Do you have any treasure?”
All items must then be given to the Rogue as per the Looting rules listed at Rank 1.
Also at 10th rank, a Rogue may attempt to become a ‘Guildmaster’. To become a Guildmaster, a Rogue must assassinate an existing Guildmaster per the normal rules for assassinations in order to inherit his Guild. Alternatively, Guildmasters may freely transfer their Guild to another Rogue player (provided they are of at least 10th Rank)

A Guildmaster is the only character in the game that may issue an unlimited number of Writs of Assassination. There are only three Guildmasters in Darkon, and the Magistrate must always be informed of the identity of each Guildmaster.
Guild Masters of the Realm must check in as their Guild Master character at least once every 4 months, in order to keep the Guild. Failure to do so will result in the Guild going defunct, much like a Country that fails to field, and an event will be held to choose a new Guild Master sponsored by the Magistrate and Event Marshall.

Rank 15:

At 15th rank, Rogues gain the adventure-only skill 'Detect Disguises.' This skill allows a higher level Rogue to see that a person may not be what or whom they claim by noticing flaws in that person's disguise. They are not able detect the actual identity of the disguised character, just that they are indeed, in disguise.
This skill can be employed after interacting with the suspect, or observing the suspect interact with another character, for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds the Rogue states to the suspect, "I am an nth rank Rogue. Are you in disguise?" The player must then answer honestly and continue acting as they were. The act of asking if the player is in disguise is considered out-of-game, but the "observation" must be in-game.
Also at 15th rank, a Rogue gains the skill of “Rogue’s Pouch.” In order to use this skill, the Thief must have on his person a rectangular black cloth pouch with a white key painted or embroidered on the outside. This pouch must be no more than 3" x 4", must lay flat
when empty (no appreciable thickness/depth), and must be made of a non‐stretchy fabric.
The following items may be legally be placed in the Pouch: coin, potions, poisons, scrolls, and miscellaneous wealth (gems, nuggets of gold, etc.).

Anything that is legally placed in the Pouch cannot be Looted or found via any sort of search, and only the Rogue to whom the Pouch belongs may touch or interact with the Pouch or its contents in any way. The one exception to this is the Pick Pockets ability. A
Pick-pocketing Rogue may inform an Elder that they are targeting a specific character's Pouch, and then go through the pick-pocketing motions as normal.

You may not use the Pouch to store Relics, Writs of Assassination, or any item unique to a given Adventure (if it's worth points or otherwise advances the plot). Whether any given item fits in this category is entirely at an event Elder's discretion.

Rank 20:

Finally, at 20th Rank, the level requirement for Interrogate is removed, and you can interrogate any person, regardless of level.
-----------------------------------------------------

Maelstrom proposal by Christopher Murphy

Original Text:
“This mighty two-handed sword was first used by the frost giants dwelling in the frozen wastes above Valdimar. The maelstrom functions as a two-handed, enchanted great sword, in addition to having the ability to generate Ice Storms. The participant in possession of Maelstrom may hurl up to 3 Ice Storms. To utilize this ability, the possessor must say "I summon ice from Maelstrom!", then throw a white spellball at their target. Failure to say the incantation line will result in the spell not going into effect. The spellballs may be ones accompanying Malestrom or ones belonging to a mage. The effects of the ice storm act exactly as they are written in the mage spell Ice Storm, see Chapter Six: Spells and Magic. Only Maelstrom itself may cut through the ice to cause damage to the victim, although the victim can also be freed and/or damaged according the rules of Ice Storm.”

To:
The frost giants dwelling in the frozen wastes above Valdimar first used this mighty two-handed sword. The Maelstrom functions as an enchanted great sword, but dealing three points of slashing damage instead of the two points dealt by standard black damage. Due to the unwieldy nature of the frost giant weapon, it must be wielded at all times with both hands. In addition to having the ability to deal increased damage, the participant in possession of The Maelstrom is immune to all-cold and fire-based attacks and effects. When striking a participant with The Maelstrom, the wielder is to announce "Maelstrom!”

AR1 Gambeson rewrite proposal by Nicholas Seniura

Armor Class 1
Leather armor is made of at least 5‐ounce leather (leather jackets cannot be used). Leather scale armor consists of small leather scraps securely attached to a heavy material or leather in alternating rows.

To:
Armor Class 1
Leather armor is made of at least 5 ounce leather (leather jackets cannot be used). Leather scale armor consists of small leather
scraps securely attached to a heavy material or leather in alternating rows.

Padded armor (Gambeson, Aketon), must be a vest, jacket, or pants constructed to present a medieval appearance and must include at least two layers of fabric with padding secured between them in either a series of tubes or a grid. Padded armor must not compress past 5mm in thickness. Both a costume marshal and an armor marshal must inspect padded armor for it to be deemed passing.

Change Spell Word Count to Syllable Count by Inox

CHANGE p. 11 Spell Marshal line:

Ensuring that spells of casters (scrolls, books, etc.) are written to the proper word syllable length.

CHANGE p. 39 Spell Books line:

Each spell is assigned a spell length, which is the minimum number of words syllables that the spell must contain in order to be cast.

REMOVE p. 40 Casting a Spell – Example text

Example: If a Mage is casting Lightning Bolt, which has a required length of at least 150 words and the five word invocation line "I, [Name], invoke Lightning Bolt!" he must read at least 145 words to cast the spell.

CHANGE p. 41 Spell Characteristics:

The base number of syllables a spell must consist of in order to be cast; this does not include any reductions.

REPLACE p. 42-57:

All references to ‘Words’ in the individual Spell Descriptions would be replaced by ‘Syllables’.

CHANGE p. 60 Potions and Scrolls

When writing the spell on the scroll, the creator should determine the number of syllables according to his rank.

Ranger Enchant Personal Weapon by Ben Lolmaugh

Original: Enchant Personal Bow/Crossbow
This spell allows the Ranger to imbue his bow or crossbow with magical energy; the projectiles it fires may then be used against creatures that can only be affected by magical weapons. When the spell is cast, the Ranger must place green ribbon or green tape, around the bow or crossbow in a visible manner. When the arrow is shot, the archer should call, "Magic Arrow!"
This enchantment functions only for the Ranger who cast it. The enchantment does not carry over between
events and is dispelled naturally at the end of the event.

Change to: Enchant Personal Weapon

“This spell allows the Ranger to imbue a bow or any one of his other weapons with magical energy; this weapon may then be used against creatures that can only be affected by magical weapons. When the spell is cast, the Ranger must place green ribbon or green tape, on the weapon in a visible manner (above the handle or on the shaft). When the weapon is in use, the Ranger should call, "Magic!" before the color. This enchantment functions only for the Ranger who cast it. The enchantment does not carry over between events and is dispelled naturally at the end of the event.”

Land Seasons by Elisabeth Crockett

Current Rule:
As stated above, a country’s funds are known as its ‘Coffers.’ In general, hexes of land and mines produce income on a seasonal basis; acquiring land, construction of assets, and upkeep of assets expend income. It is the duty of the Land Marshal to record and maintain the balance sheets of each country; upon request, a country Liaison may receive a current copy of his country’s balance sheet at any time from the Land Marshal.

New Rule:
“As stated above, a country’s funds are known as its ‘Coffers.’ In general, hexes of land and mines produce income on a seasonal basis; acquiring land, construction of assets, and upkeep of assets expend income. It is the duty of the Land Marshal to record and maintain the balance sheets of each country; upon request, a country Liaison may receive a current copy of his country’s balance sheet at any time from the Land Marshal. Revenue is generated twice a year, it is credited or debited from the country coffers on the Vernal (March 21) and Autumnal (September 21) seasonal equinoxes.”

Warrior Mages not allowed using scroll of magic shield by Michael McDuffee

Adding the line "with the exception of magic shield scrolls" to the line saying warrior mages can use everything a mage can use.

Holy & True Strike Tape Proposal by Inox

REMOVE FROM Javelin description, p.18:
A javelin must be marked with blue tape on the shaft to signify that it is a throwing weapon.

CHANGE Create/Destroy Holy Weapon, p. 43:
The weapon’s striking surface must then be covered with blue cloth and the name of the Cleric’s Deity must be written clearly on the weapon. Alternately, the weapon may be marked with a strip of blue tape (above the handle or on the shaft).

CHANGE
True Strike p.88: The weapon’s striking surface should be covered in gold cloth. Alternately, the weapon may be marked with a strip of gold metallic tape (above the handle or on the shaft).

FINALLY GRATS TO:
Baron Tyriel Firebrand for being voted in as our new VP for the organization finishing out the VP's current term as a BD member.

Magistrate

Post by Magistrate » 2013-12-01

Added to the Senate next event Salem has requested her suspension by the BoD to be reviewed by senate which will be added to the agenda of reviewing bylaws "voting" wording add and possible overturn votes on the rogue proposal.