(A fly on the wall)

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm
Location: Tarimsdadt conducting interviews for new members of the Royal Court

(A fly on the wall)

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-12-05

(The following is just a account that will be ongoing regarding a prospective from the capitol)

Dim lighting in an old throne room.
The seating around the oak tables left empty.
Off in the distance is heard activity, something akin to a rainstorm beginning but it becomes clear it is not rain but the sound of feet moving to one place or another in a hurry.

From a distant chamber solemn words echo threw the hall.
“Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.”

Silence for a time then footsteps getting louder as they draw unto the throne room and pass it by headed toward the great hall that had been set aside as a greeting chamber a few days before.

Twelve short but stout humanoids were gathered within waiting silently as the approaching footsteps drew on the chamber. At this hour normally most would be sleeping but this day – this night – this time - no one was going to sleep anytime soon. A sound of armor rang out as the Dwarves went to move toward the approaching figure. Cailen looked like he had not slept in days as he entered the room rarely does he ever sleep. Even being Half-Elven the calling of the Crown War had kept him so busy he had taken no time to recharge. As the Dwarves closed on the weary Half- Elf, Cailen looked as if a weight had been lifted. “Bartok brother it has been two long!!!” Bartok replied “I agree brother how does Gisteel keep you these days?” They all took turns clasping hands and exchanging pleasantries, uncommon allies in an uncommon friendship.

Years before Cailen had helped Bartok on more then two separate occasions once against an ancient red dragon and the second time to help free some merchants that had been taken captive in their travels. Cailen had never asked for anything in return for the help he always gave willingly and Bartok on multiple occasions had said “if you ever need anything contact me anytime”. Cailen had never taken him up on it … till now. Threw the years they had always been in contact, Bartok’s family had been the ones who gifted Cailen with the singing sword and they at times shared holidays together from both cultures.

After a while the conversation turned to the matters at hand.

Bartok
“Are you sure?”
Cailen
“Yes pull them down they did not protect the last king and I am sorry we are on such a short schedule to get this done.”
Bartok
“ I understand and we will do as you have asked brother – are the mages you spoke of going to assist as you said in your message?”
Cailen
“ I believe many will assist as they remember the old King and his taxes that were paid from my coffer to protect them. Others I am long time friends with and they will be assisting because of our outstanding friendships and mutual respect as you know I have always supported the arts and my friends.”
Bartok
“Sounds to me like we will have what we need. Do you still have your father’s box?
Cailen
“Yes I keep it in a special place that is protected by ancient Elven magic’s as we discussed.”
Bartok
“Ok then we need three days I have brought our clan and two others will arrive tomorrow.”
Cailen
“Wonderful I shall start the process which will take seven days at daybreak. The planting and blessing will help to bring the walls down then we will be able to start fresh combining the Elven fortress with the Dwarven stonework as has never been seen before. They may get to the Capitol but they will pay dearly to enter it.”
Bartok nodded in agreement
“Agreed!”

(--- to be continued daily T minus 11)
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Re: (A fly on the wall)

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-12-06

The morning light broke the horizon, as The Royal Castle of Tarimstadt stood empty. All the artisans and staff had been given leave to see to their families to ensure their safety and to have time with their families before the coming war. The mages had done the job of transporting the main building, libraries and halls to a safe spot to the side of where the New Castle would stand days from now. The last war showed just how ineffective the previous building had been in defending the interests of the King. As the light crested the low walls which had allowed both arrow and siege weapon ammo to previously enter undeterred a shadow was cast by a single figure standing at the center of the structure. Before the figure was a small wooden box with an intricate pattern across its surface in mithril. Slowly and respectfully the figure drew forth a small round seed this was the second time that the box had been opened as such to draw forth a seed of life. Descendant of the First Tree that originally stood near the shattered long forgotten lands of Ramen this seed shined brightly as it caught the sunlight and seemed to pulse with energy. The last time a seed was drawn forth from the box was when upon landing in a wasteland of long stretching dessert that stretched from mountains to the sea. Cailen Sendor had then planted a seed and Elidor sprung forth taking over the desert and filling it with life and growth. Even today if you travel far enough into the woods from the shore you will see traces of desert that remain deep within certain spots in the forest few people know now why these pools of water and sand exist in such a wooded wonderland.

This was the time – and the place. Cailen once again held one of the precious seeds in his elderly hand and gently placed it on the ground. At once all around the ground heaved as it had done in the past … roots shot out covering the ground and delving into it as if on a mission. Cailen started to speak in a low voice as if singing to the plant storm that was going everywhere. The plants slowly responded and seemed to start moving in organized patterns working their way under the foundations of the keep splitting and shattering the stone as they went. Cailen seemed as if in a dream as he strode back and forth calling to the plants as they did their work. By sunset most of the walls were down and pushed into piles by the root beds as saplings started breaching the surface as if in preordained spots. As the sun waned and the moon came up full the saplings had already started bearing fruit or a cover mat of leaves. Cailen partook of the fruit as he walked as if the two were working together to create a new existence.

The Dwarves off in the distance had already started working on prefaced stone work keeping it simple but taking the time here and there to set a starting pattern that later if this was successful they would have the time to embellish. In a matter of 24 hours between the Mages the Dwarves and the Trees the landscape had changed dramatically and seemed as the morning light started to crest the hill that a new beginning was upon the land.

(--- to be continued daily T minus 10)
++ Respect those above your station and train others under you to surpass your achievements - while you treat others with the respect you expect to receive in return! ++

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-12-07

On threw the morning the Dwarves worked as the foundations of the one tree solidified the ground. The strength and resolve of it could be felt as if the ground itself no longer had the burden of having to support that, which was upon it. The One Tree was not be affected by fire or time rather both seemed to spur its ability to heal itself and grow stronger. Going into the second day it became clear that both Elvish magic and Dwarven skill was at work.

By midday the trees were over 20’ in height not to many but rather just enough to provide shade and a canopy overhead as they spread out skyward. With the ground finally starting to become stable the Dwarves started the task of laying the cornerstones. One by one the three clans begun setting the stones in place and as if they belonged there from the beginning of time the root mat began to accept them as a piece of themselves. As the two merged the Dwarves started working vertically and horizontally widening the base as it also worked its way toward the canopy. It was a surreal sight as the tree canopy rises ever higher as the stones seemed to also be pulled skyward by the skilled hands of Bartok and his brothers. It was as if the two were now merged in a skyward reaching wave. Around suppertime the Mages had returned and begun the task as directed by the Dwarven engineers (who were preparing the buttress works) to move the halls and library and throne room back into position. The Mages would hold the building in place with powerful magic as the Dwarves would encase the structures in buttressed stonework while the root mat seemed to reach out to accept the old buildings as if they always belonged there.

As nightfall slowly crept in truly something incredible begun as the moonlight came threw the canopy it became clear that something was different. Looking up all you could see were the branches and leaves swaying in the night’s sky but as your vision adjusted to the buildings and the pathways the building surfaces were alive with movement and shadows. Hard to make out at first as if a painting was being created as you watched. Within the hour shapes began to take shape birds flying … griffins running and leaping to the air, lions and finally deer walking along the bases of the buildings and leaping across the streets. The show seemed to open with the appearance of the first Kings’ Royal Coat of Arms as a living embodiment upon the structure and slowly over time as the night went on the second, third and current Kings’ Royal Arms were added to the show that seemed alive. All of this amazing to see visual show orchestrated by the trees themselves to honor the four Kings. The living trees were the show master and what a show they created by just playing with the moonlight as it danced off the structure.

With the first light of the morning Cailen finally slowed his chant, gave thanks to God, and blessings to his forefathers. Bartok, the Mages and Cailen met briefly to go over things that needed to be addressed. By noon that day those in attendance that were planning to travel to the feast hall in the capitol city for the Yule Masquerade made their departure knowing the morning would be coming early after feast. So much left to do so little time… The Throne of Tarim had been repositioned on a foundation that will weather the test of time and honor its noble virtue. The Royal Castle was in the process of taking the technology of today and all the lessons learned over the years and applying them to the fortress. Never again would the Castle proper fall to such a level that it didn’t provide protection to those within its walls.

(--- To be continued daily T minus 9 – 8)

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-12-11

Ever since the feast Cailen had seemed in thought. Working day and night he and the Dwarves had been securing walls and positioning gates. As the storm came toward the capitol he looked to the sky and smiled. They were to be done early with only 4 days to the war everything seemed to be in order. They all went off to rest and agreed to meet in the feast hall for dinner shaking hands they parted ways.

Lord Cailen Sendor
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Cailen Sendor » 2013-12-12

People had gathered in the feast hall to share in good food and good times with the work of rebuilding Tarimsdadt behind them. After dinner Cailen rose up and in a clear voice addressed the guests.

"Dear Brothers and Sisters of Darkon,

Over a year ago I was placed on the Throne by the support of the People of Darkon. I am proud for the support and the trust that you placed in me so long ago and I promised you that I would abdicate the Throne should your support and trust waiver to the point that you no longer wish for me to serve you as King. I believe that the time has come that you do not wish for me to continue to serve you as your King. Holding to my word and vow I will be stepping down after giving out the Peoples Tournament Prizes as promised to those who won last Peoples Tournament on this coming Sunday just before the Crown War. This act will mean that there will be no standing King until conclusion of the field Crown Battle where upon the last Knight standing with unchallenged support will become our new King without any siege involved.

During my reign serving the Realm I removed the burdensome taxes and regulations imposed by the previous King and enacted none of my own. I have created a 'hall' for holding court and to provide hospitality for any that wished to partake of it. I have encouraged an atmosphere of equality among the People without regard to race or creed such that all may be found equal under the laws and customs of Darkon. In an effort to prevent future invasions of the living dead I distributed silvered weapons to many in the Realm. And finally my service to the Realm and its people is beyond reproach. I was able to serve you and make myself approachable any time any place to help with any needs you had without reservation. I refused to appoint a guard because as you put your trust in me so I did in you. I wish to thank you, the People of our Realm for the opportunity you gave to me to serve you.

I hereby honorably release my personal retainers to act as they see fit for the coming battle as I have no intention to remain King if the People do not will it to be so. Further, I honorably release my court to see too their own People and own interests in this war as they see fit.

I truly appreciate the opportunity you gave me to serve you. According to my vow and my word my last act as King will be to show respect to those that stepped into the field of battle against their brothers and sisters and proved themselves the victors."

"Warboss Gutzmangul please inform the People of my decision to honor their will."

"Thank you brothers and sisters it has been a honor and a privilege to serve."