Standing Against the King

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Standing Against the King

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2012-01-30

The following has been translated from Ork by the remaining human inhabitants in Waaagh! territory that are employed by Warboss Gutzmangul to improve human-ork communication and understanding. The complexity of orkish thought is often lost on humanity (and other races) because of the very succinct nature of the orkish language. I will spare you the history of orkish philosophy and language and get to the heart of the matter.

STANDING AGAINST THE KING

The orks stand against the king for a very simple reason: The king demands subservience from his subjects beyond what he has proved himself worthy of. Warboss Gutzmangul readily acknowledges the martial prowess of King Slindar, but views the king as no better than himself or any of the other leaders in Darkon. The fact is, the might and authority of the king should derive from the respect he has earned through wisdom, bravery, martial competence and the ability to inspire and lead. Gutzmangul himself leads the orks because amongst his boyz, he has earned their respect and admiration and is recognized as the best among his peers in Waaagh! While these qualities are extremely important to being a proper king, a king's first and most important duty is protection of his lands from outside threats. If a king fails, or worse refuses, to protect his land, he is as nothing and is not worthy to wear the crown. This Pamphlet has been written to unequivocally show that King Slindar has failed and is not worthy of the allegiance of any nation in Darkon.

The king, who has not been seen since he sank to the bottom of the ocean after an ill-fated contest against New Mordom, has demanded taxes on pain of death "to run the government". What government? Aside from enforce rules to line the pockets of himself and his court, what has the king done for the betterment of Darkon? Handed out titles to those who collect his taxes for him? Can you name one worthy thing the king has done since coming to power?

The truth of the matter is, the king has repeatedly shown his character to be one of cowardice and disdain for Darkon. He has refused his duty to protect Darkon from outside threats on several occasions. During the invasion of Darkon by the foreign orc tribes, the king did not immediately confront the threat, instead he was content to continue to slaughter his own people. Even Warboss Gutzmangul, an orc himself, stood by the other nations of Darkon against this outside incursion. The king did nothing and often obstructed efforts by Darkonians to defeat the outsiders by attacking reinforcements, preferring to engage in "the hunt" instead of protect his kingdom.

Later, when the history of Darkon was being rewritten by dark forces and Darkon's past and present seemed to overlap, an ancient enemy of Darkon emerged and threatened it's past and future. What did the king do? Nothing. He marched around and killed whoever he came across. The forces of good in Darkon united against the Clown. The king refused to fight for his kingdom unless he possessed the book when the conflict was ended, a petty grab for personal power.

Now we face threats from undead. They attacked the king in Tarimstrad. Those loyal to the king fought for him and defeated them... but where is the king? Undead hordes have emerged all over Darkon and have begun to overrun many of the nations of Darkon, loyal and rebellious alike. There had been hope that these threats would be addressed at the recently scheduled open court, and still there is no king. His kingdom is being overrun by hordes of undead and he does nothing.

The truth is, Slindar wants Darkon to be a nation of slaves. Those loyal to him will be his overseers, gaining little, but having the pleasure of knowing they stand higher than those who refuse to bow their heads to an unworthy man. If we do not enforce his laws, we are nothing but thralls. What is there to be gained from serving a king who does not give of himself just as he asks his subject to give to him?

As Great King Keldar once said "One of the founding precepts of this realm is countries are independent and sovereign". So why should we abandon something so essential to the character of Darkon? Why sacrifice our freedom when King Slindar provides us nothing? Every country should be able to go to war without the approval of the king. We shouldn't pay taxes to a king who offers nothing but cronyism and bureaucracy. We shouldn't offer tribute and compliance to a king who claims to be honorable, but uses assassinations as a terror weapon against his enemies.

Slindar has wrapped himself in greedy or blindly loyal followers and slowly set down roots that now run deep and threaten to weaken the might of Darkon and turn it into a cowardly morass where Darkon is nothing but the king's hunting grounds and the nations must beg for his table scraps like dogs.

It is likely that the king's adherents will dismiss this as more ork nonsense, but I have yet to see a coherent well-reasoned argument for service to the king. It is true that by the law, Slindar is king. Those that prize the law above all else may acquiesce to the law because it is the law. However, the law also allows for the king to be thrown down if the people of Darkon wish it... or if there is one brave enough to challenge the crown as an individual. I call for such brave souls to offer themselves as alternatives to the coward Slindar and his cabal.

Those who wish to oppose the king, Waaagh! wishes to unite against the king. The king has his allies already. They are willing to march for him. They can destroy even the mightiest nations if we stand alone, but together, I think the original ork is appropriate here: WE CAN MASH 'IZ COWARDLY GIT FACE!!

Below is the entire transcript as originally dictated in ork.

NO MORE SLINDAR AN' IZ STUPID GITZ! I AIN'T GUNNA BOW MY 'EAD TO NO KING WOT SEZ 'EEZ BETTAH DEN ME JEST CUZ 'EEZ KING! DARKON, WE STAND TOGEVVUR DEN WE CAN MASH 'IZ COWARDLY GIT FACE!!

DOWN WIF DA GIT KING!

SkweeTheGoblin
Darkonian

Re: Standing Against the King

Post by SkweeTheGoblin » 2012-01-30

DOWN WIF DA GIT KING!!!!!!!!
Skweee of WAAAGH!!!
Wearer of the BIGGEST crown in Darkon
Ork proclaimed "King"

Wulfen Freki
Squire of the Realm

Post by Wulfen Freki » 2012-01-30

(Very well written Gutz, I think Slindar is AWOL bc of personal things, but very very written, although I oppose this)

The duty of no King is to protect his own, if one cannot protect himself than he shall die. Thus is the way of all life, chaos and nature; only the strongest survive and rule the weak.

If you cannot deal with these problems on your own, then you and your kin deserve to be wiped from the history books of this Realm.
Wulfen Freki

~Warmaster of Ched Nasad
~Chosen Warrior of Ched Nasad
~Warhound of Ched Nasad
~High Druidic Priest of Malal
~Squire to Baron Alfred Goldenhue of Elidor

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2012-01-31

(I hope he's okay. I look forward to his return.)

The strong rule the weak? So the king rules because he is strong and you obey because you are weak?

Consider the following: A servant is payed for his obedience. A slave is obedient for no pay. What is a being called who pays the master for the privilege of being servile?

Warboss Gutzmangul knows that Ched Nesad contains many devotees to chaos and have great strength of arms. So he does not understand why you obey the will of King Slindar and pay his taxes.

Again, below is the original orkish dictation:

I dun get it! Why do you wanna be da king's grot!?

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-01-31

Its called respect Gutz. Respect for a man who has done more for this realm then you can ever imagine. For longer then you have fouled the air with the stench of you breath. He has earned the respect of those who serve him, that is why he rules. He rules because of our support, not in spite of it. I do not expect you to understand.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Wulfen Freki
Squire of the Realm

Post by Wulfen Freki » 2012-01-31

As the Duke has said, respect, respect for a comrade in arms and friend that I have faith in.
I have yet to pay anything, I am no mage and as such do not pay a tax.
I serve him and will fight for him out of respect and honor; I am one that holds both in high regard and it is an Honor to serve such a great man, if only as a Squire in his court.
Wulfen Freki

~Warmaster of Ched Nasad
~Chosen Warrior of Ched Nasad
~Warhound of Ched Nasad
~High Druidic Priest of Malal
~Squire to Baron Alfred Goldenhue of Elidor

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

'Spect? Why? 'Ow? Wut's 'ee dun dat's so great? I still ain't 'eard nor seen none of it!

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-01-31

Why? Novels could be written about the accomplishments of HRM Slindar. Just because you are an insolent whelp barely off your mothers apron strings does not diminish what he has done. The more you talk, the more of a fool you make of yourself and your people.

I look forward to introducing you to NorthStar.
High Priest of Thor
Field Marshal
President 2013

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Furst. I ain't got no muvver. Second. novels iz made up stuff. Furd. SHUT UP!

See you on da field, ya stupid git!

Siren
Darkonian

Post by Siren » 2012-01-31

HRH Slindar has gained the respect of the realm through years upon years of service to it and its people. Those who follow him do so of their own will, but not blindly. He has gained his people through deeds that span the years before you even breathed. I suppose to a creature such as you Gutz, that the past is nothing but battles already fought. But from them can be gleaned the details of HRH Slindar's rise to his current position.

I'm rather amused overall of your yelping at the king like a stray dog, but I'm sure you can be kicked aside just as easily.
~Siren

Az'Sirenythe Azuviir Kreatondaughter
Warrior of Ched Nasad
Leader of the Myrmidon Entertainment Guild
Sailing Master of the CNS. IHM. Eastern Pride
Way too many other titles to list here...

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-02-01

I fight by his side because I respect him as a warrior, and I will continue to fight by his side and protect him from all enemies though it might hurt to do so. Its is my duty to protect him, as I took that oath knowing what I would have to do. If anyone has a problem with the king, and I don't think the kings guard would disagree with me, all I have to say is......Come Get Some.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-02-01

Good warboss... Thank you so much for the premptive decipher, but (more's the pity) you have it all wrong.

This is how it works:
You stand, with the King.
You kneel, to the King.
You lay dead, in opposition to the King.

We could delve into the ramifications of this axiom, but mayhaps you would be so kind as to run that through your orcish translations and see what comes up...?

I have been known to write many words, in my time; but in the spirit of the "succinct nature of the orkish language" and the amount of time already wasted in this regard... I shall leave you with two:

Bring it!

HRH-Prince Malkin

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-02-02

Gutz, when the royal doctors have finished making Slindar stronger, we'll talk. Until then, no one's listening.

*Points at forearm*

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

BilePlaguewind

Post by BilePlaguewind » 2012-02-03

For many many years the King was a complete figure head, no real power. I will state that Slindar has brought prestige back to the position and fear, but aren't they 1 in the same? No matter, the amount of loyalty and respect shown by my country of birth, Ched Nasad, is one of self gratification, do not let the mangy dog Wulfen pretend otherwise. It is no coincidence that so much of what is essentially the "King's Cabinet", as I like to call them, are taken up by Ched members. The King is a puppet, being used by other forces. While I respect Slindar's capability in battle, he is an old man. My country is a wreck of power hungry fools, wishing to enslave the realm using Slindar in their conquest. I commend the deception, manipulation, back stabbing and betrayal, it has become far too orderly and organized. They have strayed from the path. Yes, power has returned to the crown, he may be better than having the ass known as Keldar, but I think Rex was a better, although non-existent, king. We need as little Government involvement as possible and to go back to the gold standard!!! Whoever has the gold, makes the standards!

In case I did not insult anyone enough, I am now going to make my rounds.

-Gutz, You're naive, stupid and too stubborn for your own good, or at least the good of your country. The only good orcs stay mobile in caravans. However, do not give up, every time they destroy you, which they will, just pack up and move to another part of the realm, until they get tired of trying to stamp you out. You're mighty small to be a Warboss and I will personally make it a point to challenge you at the next gathering of countries to see who the bigger orc is.
-Wulfen, you are a disgrace to chaos. Squiring and honor has no place in the Warp.
-Siren, You're a b&*ch and shouldn't be calling anyone a "stray dog"
-Andrick, Fat, pompous old man that needs to walk more of his talk.
-Tyriel, HAHAHAHAHAHA, I can't even insult him without my Straw hat first.
-Malkin, You have slammed me in the face with your 2 handed sword so many times I think I have brain damblage, not in a good way.

-Thrush, I talk to you separate because you used to be a big point of inspiration. Through your years of fighting with the Forgotten Ones, then your work as a nomad. You have stood against the "Nobles" and shown that one can have great respect and reputation without the entanglements of the circus and bureaucracy of the court. You were a shining beacon of pride for any new traveler of the realm, proof that one did not have to play the game in order to own it. It seems a shame if that you are being drawn into the fold and absorbed... I half expected you to spit on the Title they bestowed you and tell them to go to hell...
Bile Plaguewind, First Cleric of Khorne
Traveler of the Chaos Wastes
Elder Son of Kreaton

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-02-03

Anytime, anyplace Bile. I'll walk the walk as I do at every battle. Anyone can stab a man from behind, only a true warrior can look into their eyes as the life fades from them having faced their enemy and emerged victorious.
High Priest of Thor
Field Marshal
President 2013

TitusV
Darkonian

Post by TitusV » 2012-02-03

Seems like Bile has his story of manipulation reversed. I have not witnessed Slindar bend to anyone's will. However, I have seen members of glorious nations bow their heads, bend their knees, and ask to be his errand boy. Might as well beg to receive a "royal" flogging. Submissiveness is weakness, I call it as I see it...

Sovereignty was once a strong ideal in this realm. I see few nations practicing it...

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-02-04

I find it funny Bile that you try to insult me, when you are just jealous that I'm prettier than you. You can talk all the trash you want on these magic missives, but as I recall, you haven't really shown any of the men in the
kings guard, or the king for that matter that you are of any worth other than to quench the thirst of our blades. Until then, your nothing but a speed bump on my path to glory, and no one will even remember your name.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-02-04

Sir Tyriel Firebrand wrote:I find it funny Bile that you try to insult me, when you are just jealous that I'm prettier than you. You can talk all the trash you want on these magic missives, but as I recall, you haven't really shown any of the men in the
kings guard, or the king for that matter that you are of any worth other than to quench the thirst of our blades. Until then, your nothing but a speed bump on my path to glory, and no one will even remember your name.

He presented himself just fine before at least one member of the court. He presented himself before the Lord Chamberlain: Dead at the feet of his own countrymen.

Oh, it was fine entertainment, watching the savage brutes of Ched Nasad sacrifice him to their vile gods (and I mean vile in the most respectful of ways). I only wish HRM had been there to be amused at the sight of a dumb, dead orc being decimated.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

BilePlaguewind

Post by BilePlaguewind » 2012-02-04

Iltz ummm... I was not at the last gathering of countries. I did send my son, Elib, as an Envoy. I had heard of such occurrences and am very pleased in the sacrifice to the Chaos gods. Even myself would be quite an honor.
Elder Son of Kreaton

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-02-04

Whoever the foolish creature we tore asunder was, it answered to the name of Bile. You struck out against my wife without cause. Traitorous scum such as that deserves to be rendered nothing but mush upon the ground, as I recall that was in fact done.

If a priest of the god Tzeentch has been present, I could think of no greater insult than to have your body desecrated in his name...Nurgle sufficed.
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

LordTyrantCort
Knight of the Realm

Post by LordTyrantCort » 2012-02-04

That is because under all that red skin, he is yellow. He talks for weeks of his return day, to the realm. And that the day of his return he would crush... Blah blah and slash this and that... But you all know that this blow hard, talks alot of but swings little to back it up. And when his son stumbled into Ched Nasad, he was timmed when he approached. Elib asked to fight with us and said he didn't know where is father was. Coward.
To bile, thank you for the complainments of back stabbing, deceit and manipulation that we have done without you, squawking child. You are just jealous, that I arrived in your former nation and did greater things with the raw chaos that was here. I, with the help of others, used that raw chaos to forge a greater army for chaos to please the gods. And was given the blissings from all of the Chaos Gods for it.

This is the last time I will speak to you of this. Silence yourself on these missives or I will show you how much khorne blesses you. Every waking moment you are in this realm, any land that you step on to, you will be hunted. But your son will fine to travel the land of Ched Nasad. The choose is yours Orc.

Warlord Cort Von Wrathis.
Regent of Ched Nasad.
Live for the slaughter
GLORIUS death

Knight of Ched Nasad
Survivor of The Asylum Mal'volus
Acolyte of GodThyanaos
OS...

BilePlaguewind

Warlord Cort: You are welcome. I did indeed mean my comments about the deceit and manipulation as compliments. Elib is a violent offspring, the drow in him makes me sick to my stomach. However, I can see where the likeness may confuse people. I choose to spit on your option of telling me to silence myself! Also, I will seek you out to show you how little of a coward I am. Infighting was once a time honored tradition in the land of Ched Nasad and is now looked on with such disgust. I'm taking it back! Khorne may still love me, but I have become more undivided and welcome the praise of the other gods as well. SHOW ME YOUR WRATH CORT!!! I WELCOME IT!!! As far as my return, well, I wouldn't want to make your "hunt" too easy, now would i? If I cannot find entertainment from my countrymen, I will create entertainment with my countrymen and inject more Chaos to FAR too much order that has swept across the land like a plague, not the good kind of plague either.

Caedes, you are barely worth talking to. Whatever you did to my mut child is acceptable to me. Naturally he would look when someone calls his father's name. I heard Maggot gutted him well.
Elder Son of Kreaton

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-02-04

Bile.
Your behavior is that of a petulant child, pawing for its mothers breast and screaming for attention. As a child has no place on the field of battle, neither does it have the right to challenge the revered Warlord to single combat. If you demand a fight then you will know through the ways of the past, that you will face all of us. The Warlord need not even sullen his blade.

Your return causes none to tremble. Your presence causes none to quake. An everyday Orc who slathers himself with red clay from the river bottom and fresh dung from the stables is not a demon, simply a filthy wild Orc.
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

BilePlaguewind

Caedes,

Go play in the corner like a good little boy. My ascension was before you were even thought of. However, I do love breasts, so, if all I have to do is scream for them to get them, I think I would have an abundance dancing about my face.

I pray for fights, every day, it does not matter who the opponent is, why is that such a complicated concept to you? I never challenged Cort to single combat, but I understand, the full ferocity of Bile can be a little overwhelming. I could see how the entirety of Ched would come for me, for the prospect of a one on one combat is rather frightful. Unlike my son, a monk who's skin hasn't even hardened, I am not so easy to kill, and suggest if you wish to attempt it, be as sneaky as you can be.
Elder Son of Kreaton

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2012-02-05

'Ow come you ain't come ta Slaughter Day if you so big an' stompy?