Let it be known throughout the realm!

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Boots

Let it be known throughout the realm!

Post by Boots » 2014-11-20

It has come to my attention that there are lies flying around my actions during the crown war and I would like to clear the air. First I didn't backstab Osawa, nor did I kill him, I did dose him with hallucinate with a short sword slice to the arm, he was barely injured the whiner. Second I was told I also backstabed King Malkin himself! I am almost loathe to squash this one because it makes me seem to be able to teleport, however it would come out eventually that I did not in fact backstab King Malkin. All this talk of backstabbing and I didn't even have a dagger! I had a sword fit only for slashing and a 10 ish foot glaive, also only fit for slashing, I stabbed no one in the back, or the front.
Now you you all know the what, let me explain the why.
I was initially trying to get hired by Black Watch and all was going well. I had a plan I had means to carry out said plan and several members of black watch agreed that this plan was good. It was the same plan that I carried out in reverse, Black watch wanted to pay me to betray the other side, and I would have, save for one thing Black Watch forgot. First rule in a war, DO NOT BALK AT PAYING A MERCENARY. "we are good for it" is not what you tell a mercenary "we dont have any hard coin" is unacceptable. If you want someone to perform a good betrayal then pay them the agreed upon price. They claim I took their coin and betrayed them, to that I say BAH! They gave me less than a third of the agreed upon payment, and were surprised when I turned on them? That is just gullibility and I feel no guilt or remorse. They claim the moral high ground when they wanted to hire me to do the same thing, the hypocrisy is blinding. They have put a bounty on me for a year, and that is nice for them. If you want me you will have to beat me at my own game and good luck with that.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Re: Let it be known throughout the realm!

Post by fingers630 » 2014-11-20

(Is this supposed to be in character or out of character? you have * all jumbled together, and would remember nothing after your death. Please edit the post and keep it in character if you want the post to stay in the IC forum. Feel free to "explain" yourself in parenthesis. Now find our reply below and we look forward to seeing you again.)

Be it known to the Realm, the individual known as "Boots" was hired by members of the Black Watch to fight in the war, paid in coin, and caught "backstabbing" Lord Isawa. A hunt has been called on his person for the period of 1 year. You sir will be killed on sight, and treated with the same lack of respect you have showed your betters. An inquiry has already begun into the individuals that hired him to turncoat. A main culprit has already been named, expect retribution.
Lord Lucius Alexander Crum.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2014-11-20

So, you're a merc who took coin and betrayed those who gave you that coin. You then got caught.

You're not just a back-biting double crosser; you're also bad at it.

There's a reason that the Bloody Axe Mercenary are so respected; once they take coin, their word is bond. You might want to mediate on that while you're running away from Blackwatch for the next year.

In Hate,
KvG

Boots

Post by Boots » 2014-11-20

(All of what was posted and will be posted was in character, no hurt feelings or ill will is held against anyone in real life, and I didn't mention anything that happened within 5 min of my death.I actually have much love for you guys irl)
in response to the claim made that no mercenary should turn on an employer after accepting coin, I was not paid in full, I was paid less than one third the agreed upon cost. If you are used to being short changed in such a way, than I have no idea how you turn a profit. I however will not be taken advantage of like that. As to the mercenary code of no betrayal I was being paid to betray by black watch. So as long as one betrays the loser his honor is intact, but if he betrays the Victor he is held as a pariah? I think not. All is fair in war, if there is a bounty on my head, so be it!
Last edited by Boots on 2014-11-20, edited 1 time in total.

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2014-11-20

Boots wrote:(All of what was posted and will be posted was in character, no hurt feelings or ill will is held against anyone in real life, and I didn't mention anything that happened within 5 min of my death.I actually have much love for you guys irl)
in response to the claim made that no mercenary should turn on an employer after accepting coin, I was not paid in full, I was paid less than one third the agreed upon cost. If you are used to being short changed in such a way, than I have no idea how you turn a profit. I however will not be taken advantage of like that. As to the mercenary code of no betrayal I was being paid to betray by black watch. So as long as one betrays the loser his honor is intact, but if he betrays the Victor he is held as a pariah? I think not. All is fair in war, if there is a bounty on my head, so be it!

As to the internal policies of Blackwatch, I have no say. I have friendships and a loose understanding with them, and leave it at that.

Let me speak about you, then.

* You came selling betrayal
* Took money from both sides
* Choose the wrong one
* You somehow are upset when someone (wisely) chose not to pay you the full amount until you proved yourself loyal?

You -an admitted liar, backstabber, and poisoner- seek to poison the reputation of a nation from which you stole? A nation in good relations with the current king, which is also full of some of the most influential people in the realm?

Have you really thought this through? Right now, you look somewhat foolish, and I don't think you're really doing yourself any further favors by compounding the issue. But, by all means, continue in your current efforts if you're so inclined.

In Hate,
KvG

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2014-11-20

Boots,

I have heard no mutterings of hiring you to do anything than "fight with us" during the war. It is my understanding you came to Black Watch, claimed Lady Kiera wished to hire you to backstab us, and then offered to do the same to them instead. Your offer was rebuffed and coin was offered for you to fight on the Princes' side. When physical coin was lacking, you declined, which is completely your right to do so.

You then came back and were offered 10 gold coin by Scab which you accepted. You then attacked Lord Isawa unprovoked. No bounty has been placed on your head, it was simply posted to the realm about your deeds, and the fact that you will be hunted by Black Watch for the period of 1 year (assuming you show up to Darkon of course). This is similar to the "Fat Tony" hunt that we had many years ago, wherein Fat Tony was hunted and points were gained for creative ways of killing him for the campout weekend. Scab won by bodyslamming him in a mud wrestling challenge. Fun times.

Anyway, I am completely fine with people acting in a chaotic fashion, no need to explain other than "Im chaotic evil/neutral". Just know actions have repercussions and yours have been stated. You don't have to fear it. You can laugh it off should you desire. Just know there are more of us than you, and plan your events accordingly, as you wont make it long past "lay on".

Until we meet in shadows
Lord Lucius Alexander Crum

ps recover that ugly ass camo glaive. ;)
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People