Undead activity - Reports for the King

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Undead activity - Reports for the King

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-02-27

I am collecting all reports of undead activity to present to His Majesty. I thank the Royal Magister for finally gaining us some information and request all nations keep His Majesty informed of any activities within their lands and any information garnered captured prisoners.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Re: Undead activity - Reports for the King

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-02-27

I am interested, having met at least one person (a few weeks ago) asking questions about this stuff... Has anybody else in the realm met any traveling anybody? Random vagabonds they did not recognize? Anybody from another realm? Please let us know - we need as much information as possible.
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-02-27

I was approached by a pair of wanderers. They prattled on about tower construction or something of the like.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

We could certainly hope that wandering masons were our biggest worry!

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-27

I witnessed an individual dressed in black, claiming to be a Necromancer who debated the merits of raising the dead through arcane means with Lady Keira of Sarum. New Mordom had several armed individuals there as well, who seemed to be "with" the individual, though I cannot say with 100% certainty. There was also an emissary from Chendrolyn, the former Laconian Mage "Wolfie" who now goes by the name Chaotica I believe.

No blows were struck and the individual disappeared into the forest once more.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

fingers630 wrote:I witnessed an individual dressed in black, claiming to be a Necromancer who debated the merits of raising the dead through arcane means with Lady Keira of Sarum. New Mordom had several armed individuals there as well, who seemed to be "with" the individual, though I cannot say with 100% certainty. There was also an emissary from Chendrolyn, the former Laconian Mage "Wolfie" who now goes by the name Chaotica I believe.

As I was interested in any individual using arcane power and not having paid their tax, I had my own personal inquiry into this matter (I was there for part of what you describe). The individual swore under truth speak that his powers come from divine realms and he is, in fact, a holy man.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-27

Very strange indeed, he made no such claims when he talked to Dame Keira, at least in my presence.

Of course, I was not fully prepared to interrogate him. For some reason my powers were dormant this fine day, and I was forced to don my ancient armor and fight like the other cretins of the Realm. Thankfully my prowess with the sword and shield has not diminished over the years...

Fiyero
Darkonian

Post by Fiyero » 2012-02-27

I am new to this realm and not familiar with Dame Keira?

Are you saying, Fingers, that this necromancer said he has worked with Dame Keira in raising the dead that have been raiding the realm?
Fiyero Weyland
Bard
Annalist & Corporal of BAMC

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-02-28

Fiyero wrote:I am new to this realm and not familiar with Dame Keira?

Are you saying, Fingers, that this necromancer said he has worked with Dame Keira in raising the dead that have been raiding the realm?

No, he is saying that the person did this on their own and because of their crimes against nature they were interrogated by the honorable Dame Keira of Sarum.

Fiyero
Darkonian

Post by Fiyero » 2012-02-28

Ah ha! Thank you for the clarification Iltztafein
Fiyero Weyland
Bard
Annalist & Corporal of BAMC

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-28

Yes they debated. He was pro animating the dead, she was against it.

Kobalos

Post by Kobalos » 2012-02-28

Kindred did some investigations of their own after battling the undead, including use of Speak With Dead, Commune With Nature, and tracking. I suggest you speak with Gorgrim to receive a summary of their findings.
--Κοβαλος

Baron Kobalos
Fauzi ibn-al-Rashid al-Halabi, KR, OR, CB
Steward of House Dubh
Director, First Royal Darkon Trust
Head NC Armor Marshal 2014

Warboss Gutzmangul
Darkonian

Post by Warboss Gutzmangul » 2012-02-28

Dem gitz wot wuz offerin' ta build towerz wuz talkin' at us too. Dey ain't trustworvy. Wouldn't say 'ow dey wuz gunna build da tower. Dey jest said dey 'ad "dere own methods". I told 'im ta leg it affore I killed 'im. Sounds like sneaky gittery ta me.

Oh, anuvver important fing we found out: DA KING'S A GIT!

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-02-28

The undead that had taken an Elidorian province have been dispatched. Those that remained when the main army arrived were considerably less then the number that originally took the land. We have not yet found where the others disappeared to. I will request the the Ranger Core seek out any sign of their passing.

I have not heard or seen these necromamcers with their promises of tower construction. I can however assure you that should they appear in Elidorian lands I will personally put an end to their lives. Necromancy and those who practice it will not be suffered to live within the borders of the Leaping Stag. You have my word on it.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2012-02-28

fingers630 wrote:I witnessed an individual dressed in black, claiming to be a Necromancer who debated the merits of raising the dead through arcane means with Lady Keira of Sarum. New Mordom had several armed individuals there as well, who seemed to be "with" the individual, though I cannot say with 100% certainty. There was also an emissary from Chendrolyn, the former Laconian Mage "Wolfie" who now goes by the name Chaotica I believe.

To clarify, Mordom was there to burn the Necromancer down, should we be given provocation enough.

Kel von Graymere
Darkonian

Post by Kel von Graymere » 2012-02-28

Fiyero wrote:I am new to this realm and not familiar with Dame Keira?

While Dame Keira and I may have wildly differing opinions, I believe that we are united in our opposition to the necromantic arts.

KvG

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-29

Ah most excellent. I saw your armed warband but the conversations were already in full swing when i arrived. Necromancers. Foul creatures indeed.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-02-29

I am not certain that the towersmiths are also necromancers.. but killing them on site is definitely the surest way to find out.

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2012-02-29

We need to study them, so that we can learn what powers they serve, and precisely what energies they wield.

Also, we must learn how undead rose in Tarimstadt, when no bodies had fallen there in the recent history of the realm.

Perhaps these necromancers and builders (be they one & the same?) are our enemies, and perhaps they are not. However, we need information most of all.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-02-29

Has anyone allowed these "builders" to construct a tower in their lands? Perhaps they could give us more information.

lorewraith

Post by lorewraith » 2012-02-29

to allow someone unknown to build upon your land is asking for ill. and to let those that may or may not work for those of the unnature and undead is to ask for your lands fall to the death of undying. I do hope none are as incompitant to do so. Else we will see more darkly clad figures wondering around.

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-02-29

I would suggest speaking with carcosa, I know they worship undead gods and might consider allowing the construction of a tower for the purpose of finding out what happens
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Baroness Keira
Knight of the Realm

Post by Baroness Keira » 2012-03-03

I was alerted to the presence of a Necromancer and his foul deeds by one of my retainers. I instructed my man to capture said Necromancer and return him to me for questioning. My retainer followed orders admirably, and the Necromancer was brought before me for inquiry. The New Mordomian army was kind enough to provide assistance in this matter.

I questioned the suspect, and obtained a confession from him that he was indeed a stranger to the Realm, and was raising undead under the guise of "allowing them to perform a last watch" in the service of some unfamiliar deity. I found this deeply disturbing. Returning your fallen comrades to life is one thing, enslaving unwilling corpses to create sentient yet soulless minions is quite another. I am familiar with the practice of Necromancy and find it repugnant. It is an offense to the Gods.

I informed the Necromancer that I find his actions dishonorable and personally distasteful. I also informed him that if he continued in this pursuit, he would incur my extreme displeasure, and that I would be keeping watch on the situation. Magistra Chaotika of Chendrolyn was kind enough to truthspeak the Necromancer for me so that I did not have to sully myself by touching him. We determined that he is indeed using divine energy to power his vile sorcery. I will not stand by and allow this sort of villainy to go unpunished

I then remanded the Necromancer to the custody of the Crown. New Mordom's assistance and participation in this inquiry was much appreciated and most welcome. I believe that Kel von Graymere and I are in accord about the undesirability of the practice of necromancy - it is anathema to any cleric. My retainers also did excellent work, and valuable information was gained. I look forward to seeing this loathsome creature prosecuted and executed for his blasphemy.
Baroness Keira al'Lathandre, Baroness Von Garren
Queen Consort of Sarum
Crown Princess of Accolon
Foreign Minister of the Northern Kingdoms
High Priestess of The Raven
Knight of the Realm of Darkon

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-03-03

While I understand the desire for information, I must ask why he was allowed to live after questioning. His skull should have been split open once whatever it held of use had been extracted.

I say again, should any of these vile creatures make their way into Elidorian lands, they shall be slain on sight. Should anyone of my countrymen wish to question them, they can be raised after being properly secured. That will gain us the needed information, and give me the pleasure of killing them again.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-03-03

Ched Nasad handled this being the only way it deserved. The truth was ripped from its tongue, and the being was slaughtered with prejudice.
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"