Proclamation from LACONIA

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Dienekes
Land Marshal

Proclamation from LACONIA

Post by Dienekes » 2012-03-26

Let it Be Know,
Lord Absolom, formally of the nation of Laconia has been deemed to be a trator and enemy of Laconia. He is charged with treason for abandoning his country and people in a time of War. Any who have issue with these charges may seek out the Mage Helios of Laconia. Cowardice is rewarded with cold steel in the back, beware. :twisted:

Helios
(OOC Adam this is a total IN CHARACTER ACTION, I still have no issue with you in real life, so please do not think this is some personal vendeta. )
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
Slayer of The Spider Priest
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Re: Proclamation from LACONIA

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-03-26

Lord Absalom has always conducted himself with honor, and is not to be slandered. I do not recall seeing you attempt to stop my men from crushing your peoples any more than I saw him. Maybe you have a different definition of cowardice as I do? I also don't recall your resurfacing until he had successfully brokered peace with the foe that is still whetting their blades upon their citizenry, due to your ignoble uprising . Perhaps a self appraisal is in order? Regardless, we intend to honor our agreements with the last King of Laconia... not the brigands who now feast in his halls.

Lord Absalom shall have the support of Chosen Blood, and though I do not think he need aid against such rabble, he may seek it from the warriors of Selvetarm.
Last edited by Lord Valfryn on 2012-03-27, edited 1 time in total.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-03-26

Hmm. I would know more of these acts of cowardice my friend. I have always known brother absolom to be an honorable, if poorly bearded man.

Also, shouldnt cowardice be rewarded with cold steel face to face? Cold steel in the back sounds more...well, not very Laconian at all.

Archmage Fingers the Rogue
aka Mustard Brother of Laconia
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-03-27

Dienekes wrote:
Cowardice is rewarded with cold steel in the back

fingers630 wrote:
absolom to be an honorable, if poorly bearded man.

*shakes head* So, so sad.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Dienekes
Land Marshal

Post by Dienekes » 2012-03-27

Lord Valfryn,
I have been there for the entirty of the present conflict with your nation, I was there when the council decided to stand with Meslam. How honorable would it of been if King Leonidas would of abandoned the 300 in the hot gates? Would the cryptia not have taken action to correct the issue? You say mahaps I should look towards my own action, I have always been a true Spartan and it is know that Lord Absolom is a worshiper of Athena, and a blatant boy lover. The helots were plauged by his advances and desires for many years.

Helios

Fingers,
To try and disband and destroy our nation, and for abondoning his country and people in time of war, we can find no honor in these actions. Cold steel in the back is more than appropriate for the likes of this one.
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

Lynx-
Darkonian

Post by Lynx- » 2012-03-27

I find it funny, this "Proclamations". Which is made after a fail attempt to have Lord Absolom assassinated, and upon questioning of the attacker whom under Truth Speak told us that The mage Helios commissioned him to preform the act. He was then given mercy and release to inform Laconia of his failure.

Your "Proclamation" seem to be more of coverup/justification of your fail attempt. Warnings coming before actions.

And you call it "abandoning"...I saw it as being force out by those who sought power for themselves.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-03-27

Hmmm Assassins. Most despicable creatures. Has anyone informed His Majesty? I heard there were several of these heathens running rampant through the Realms Saturday night. Perhaps the Lord Chamberlin can get his Majesty to make some sort of Proclamation of his own. If Mage's are taxed, why not Assassins?

Pay the tax or lose the tip of their tongue....

Archmage Fingers the Rogue
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Dienekes
Land Marshal

Ah brother Lynxx, truth is truth, and yes I of my own action and accord did commision these acts. But alas no one was forced to leave, although the ego and pride of those who did not command the respect of their people may see as in that kind of light. The Democracy of a people who are all equal and have equal rights and power is what we have adopted. We renounce the past kings and wish to not be held accountable to their deeds. We are of a new ilk. Freedom and equal rights for all Laconian Citizens.
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

Lynx-
Darkonian

Post by Lynx- » 2012-03-27

Based on what you say it seems he was no longer desirable as a leader. It seems to serve your greater good for him to no longer be present within the wall of Laconia.

You renounce the kings of the past and wish to not be held accountable for their deeds. I don't believe placing all the blame on Lord Absolom or any kings of the past with absolve Laconia of its actions.

My fear is that your actions against him will show yourself and by proxy Laconia in a light that a great nation should not be shown in.

Lynx

Occultus
Darkonian

Post by Occultus » 2012-03-27

I BRING LETTER FROM ESTEAMED BRUTHER ERSUS POLARIS TO LACONIANS:

Dishonorable Slime of Laconia,

As a former honorary King of Laconia, I demand that you apologize for your pitiful actions immediately. If you do not, know that you have been judged accordingly at this time.

I, acting as judge and jury, have found you guilty of several things. The actions you have been found guilty of include the gross misspelling of common words (a crime committed by Helios), and the attempt at assassinating a man who has more honor than the next 10 generations of your nation combined.

The only sentence that you are worthy of receiving is to have your pitiful Sp - nay - you are not Spartans, but pathetic slime dogs that slip daggers between ribs in the night. And hell, why would I even write that? You'd prefer to hire out your sad little thuggery! But, I digress! THE ONLY sentence you are worthy of receiving is to have your pitiful skulls bashed in until a time that sense has been beaten into you... Or at the very least, justice.

Upon which day I return to the realm of Darkon, at a gathering of nations, I shall personally seek-out Helios and show him the true meaning of pain and vengeance.

Father Ursus Polaris
High Priest of the Great White Bear
Occultus
THE 10-year-old Rangur of the Relm

Dienekes
Land Marshal

Lynxx,
Perhaps if one of such mind as Lord Absolom would of shown that he was a equal to his people and shed the pompous disposition for which he became know his people would of embraced these virtues. Maybe you are correct and we are stronger now that he has left our lands. It changes nothing. Retribution for his acts of teason shall be sated.
Occultus,
I await your return.
Helios
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

Dienekes
Land Marshal

(ooc just to clarify for everyone this is Helios , not Dienekes, they are two differnet characters and should not be melted together).
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-03-28

((you may want to go with a second mssg board account, seen a few people do that. works pretty well and avoids a lot of confusion, with your avatar and signature and all.))

Occultus
Darkonian

Post by Occultus » 2012-03-28

Lord Valfryn wrote:((you may want to go with a second mssg board account, seen a few people do that. works pretty well and avoids a lot of confusion, with your avatar and signature and all.))

(Like me.)

(Rich/Dienekes - For the record, that was a message from my cleric presented by Occultus.)
Occultus
THE 10-year-old Rangur of the Relm

GAWARR1

Post by GAWARR1 » 2012-04-01

Perhaps Laconia needs a new direction?
GAWARR

Wulfen Freki
Squire of the Realm

Post by Wulfen Freki » 2012-04-02

From what I can tell from their previous missives, they have made strides to move into a different direction with their country.
Only time will tell what becomes of the Hot Dog Farmers.
Wulfen Freki

~Warmaster of Ched Nasad
~Chosen Warrior of Ched Nasad
~Warhound of Ched Nasad
~High Druidic Priest of Malal
~Squire to Baron Alfred Goldenhue of Elidor

GAWARR1

Post by GAWARR1 » 2012-04-02

I wonder what time may bring. I would have words with whomever holds sway in that land.
GAWARR

Dienekes
Land Marshal

Post by Dienekes » 2012-04-03

Gawaar,
Please feel free to seek me out .

Helios
Dienekes Of Laconia
Ephor
High Priest Of Tharros
Voice of The Council
King Of Laconia

GAWARR1

Post by GAWARR1 » 2012-04-04

that i will, and this meeting wont cost you any gold, maybe.
GAWARR