A Call to Arms...

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
ylinett
Darkonian

A Call to Arms...

Post by ylinett » 2012-04-07

Too long have we stayed hidden, the time has come to reveal ourselves.
Too long have we stayed silent, the time has come to speak out.
Too long has we sat idle, the time has come for action.
Too long have the dead been enslaved, the time has come for their rest.

I have seen the hideous screaming faces, the bloated corpses, and broken souls of our enemies. I have seen their tortured souls, and their twisted bodies perform unspeakable acts at the direction of their foul masters. Long have I stood waiting for the day when I could identify one of their Captains. And then not two weeks ago I saw her. Demon-hag, vile obscenity and stain upon the Realm. You are no Noble, and deserve no respect. You are no woman and deserve no courtesy. You are a pox, a pestilence. Gnawing on the bones of the dead you writhe in filth and excrement. I will end your unholy reign and the grip you have upon the once Good bearer of the White Mantle.

Northern Kingdoms, rise up! Burn with the purifying fire of the Phoenix and purge this vermin from your nation. I saw with my own eyes blasphemous atrocities among your number. Albion, I beseech thee; Throw off her shackles, end the eternal torment of your souls and the enslavement of your bodies. Realms of Darkon, Unite! Unite against the She-beast, the Defiler.

Let those who are clean come to our aid. Let those who wish to be free seek me out.

I vow by my white sash, that you will have aid.

Sir Jared, Death Shepard of the Order
Thane of the Northern Kingdoms
Warrior and Brehon of Albion
Lord of the Realm and Knight of Tuesday
OG OR OS OD CC CB CS

Reona Windwalker
Darkonian

Re: A Call to Arms...

Post by Reona Windwalker » 2012-04-07

*Hearing the words spoken, a devious smile curled upon her canine lips. Her eyes were surging with crimson energy while her aura gave off a rather strong darkness. Her arms folded, her talons tapping against her forearm as she gave a rather cold stare.*

"While I am amused by your rather ridiculous accusations, I must say I am by no means intimidated by the likes of you. I do not care what you think of me nor do I care of your weak attempts to try and rally the Realm against me. What I will say however, if you truly think it is I who is responsible for this undead plague, you are more than wrong. Sure, I have the ability to animate the dead, as do all other seasoned mages, but this however, is not of my workings. Don't you dare even think that it's the mages that is causing this trouble. We already have enough trouble as it is with the idiotic taxes in place. Whatever is going on, it is from a divine source, not arcanic, and it is not native to Darkon from what I know. Truth Speak me on the matter if you want, I've nothing to hide.

Unfortunately for me, should it have been my work, this Realm would have been engulfed by flames when I returned to this wretched place. I had lost the powers I had back on Tyrianis but that's the downfall of Realmwalking. Oh well... Still trying to get my bearings here on this Realm. As far as your insults upon me, please... I've heard a drunken Mordomian come up with something better than that. I grow tired of these games. Hmm, speaking of Mordomians..."
Chaotika - Formerly Known as Reona "Wolfie" Windwalker
Queen of Chaos
High Priestess of Arcane Magick
Enslaved Wolf-Witch of Chendrolyn

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-07

"These are very serious accusations. The dead deserve the utmost respect and should be treated with such."

Turns to address the servant shambling forward with his drink.

"Ah thank you Benson, no that will be all you are dismissed."

Drinks his fruity beverage twirling the straw in his mouth.

"What? Some of my best friends are undead."
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-04-07

Chaotika, this noble man speaks not of you.

Based on things I have heard, he speaks of Dame Keira. Several people have told me that she brought members of her nation back as undead two weeks ago this very day!

As this type of magic is evil and was used against members of The King's Guard, I will investigate fully as soon as possible. This cannot stand.

She also had been banned from the royal court due to a treasonous muttering.

And might I remind you all that the particular person being spoken of previously confessed to a LENGTHY discussion with a known necromancer, at the end of which she set him free.

Let the witch hunt begin!
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Reona Windwalker
Darkonian

Post by Reona Windwalker » 2012-04-07

Sorry for my arrogance, I'm used to being called She-something and of course with this man speaking of demonic beings, you could see why I could be mistaken.

If anyone should lay a finger upon Dame Keira, I personally, will rip them to shreds. She is not the one you should be going after. Her blessing allowed our fallen to return to the land of the living as a banshee, with our minds in tact. We did not serve an evil person or cause. While the Demon Wolf forbade me to take such blessing, he eventually saw his usefulness and allowed me to receive it.

I returned, my full self in mind and soul. Body was a bit jarred but that's besides the point. Either way, I felt no "abnormal malevolence." Then again, I am always angry and malevolent.

I was present for the necromancer. We have no ties with him and this I guarantee.
Chaotika - Formerly Known as Reona "Wolfie" Windwalker
Queen of Chaos
High Priestess of Arcane Magick
Enslaved Wolf-Witch of Chendrolyn

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-04-07

The Royal Court is unaware of the identify of this "Sir Jared" or the order of which he speaks.

Any information found out about this Order or the necromancers or any who raise the dead against Darkon should report it to an official of the Court.
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-07

I too have heard rumor of a large force of undead, very powerful ones, being led by one of the Nobles of the Realm, though i wasnt told the identity of the Noble. Perhaps Lady Keira would shed some light on these accusations.

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-04-07

Standing there upon a mound of destroyed undead corpses, Padre Caedes stood clutching his book of scriptures in one hand, the obliterated husk of a fallen banshee clutched tightly in the other. The pile grew yet larger with each additional undead that was thrown upon it by nearby hordlings.

"We have seen the works of filth that the witch has perpetrated in her assaults on the Chaos Horde. With my bare hands and the power of the beloved chaos gods did I smite the first banshee we witnessed leading their assault against us. It was not to be the last. Over the course of our engagements we witnessed dozens more of the fell creatures rise from the corpses of fallen. The Northern Kingdoms is infected by a witch! Torturous and evil as the day is long. She must be the source of the undead scourge afflicting our lands. I have seen too many torn asunder by curses and fell blades and would not see it continue! Sir Jared has the support of House LeDouche in his endeavors."

Climbing down from the mound the priest threw the banshee hunk into the mass and snapped his fingers. A lone mage proceeded to set the rotting mass ablaze.

"Consider this my report to the royal Court. I shall seek The Lord Chamberlain out myself for further discussions."
Warmaster Caedes, Kinslayer
Knight of Ched Nasad
Patron Father of House LeDouche

High Priest of Ched Nasad
Vicar of the Church of Khorne
Steward of NorthHold
House Ledouche: "We Bow to No Man...Because We Can't"

Snudge
Asst. Land Marshal

Post by Snudge » 2012-04-07

As I understand it, the Order seeks to fight the undead who have recently begun rising in the realm. They sought a base in Aquilonia but were refused. I have heard rumors they may have begun operating from the eastern continent, but that is wholly unsubstantiated at this time.
Rake, roustabout, vagabond and general no account sketchy
Some disreputable folks even go so far as to call me a mountebank
Holder of non-noble titles to numerous to mention

Banker of Darkon
OR, CM
Land Marshal

Baroness Keira
Knight of the Realm

Post by Baroness Keira » 2012-04-07

Winterbourne, Northern Kingdoms

“Sir” Jared, et al.

My husband does not reply to magic missives. He is entirely occupied with his duties as Lord Protector of the Northern Kingdoms Any discussion that you wish to have with him should take place on the field. He has been apprised of your intemperate speech.

My servitors have informed me that accusations of witchcraft are a typical ploy employed by males in human societies who feel threatened by a woman who possesses great knowledge or is in a position of power. Seen in that light, I find this highly amusing.

It is foolish to suppose that you would have any more wisdom in divine matters than a first year theology student. I do not expect that the uneducated would understand the great blessing that my faith has earned for my people. I gave up teaching several hundred years ago, as I lack the patience for stupidity, but I will make one attempt to enlighten you. In recognition of your limited education and human intelligence, I shall try to keep my explanation simple:

The Realm is plagued with undead and necromancy. I have been battling these sorts of forces since I was a child. At this most recent gathering, those who fell in combat were immediately transformed by these foul necromancies into some form of twisted undead. The Raven Goddess, in her Infinite Wisdom, bestowed upon her chosen Daughter the ability to prevent her people from being taken by this fell curse. I was able to use the power of my faith and connection to my Lady to allow the spirits of our ancestors to intervene in this foul circumstance, and transform their children with their will to remain in control of their bodies and minds while tapping upon that well of ancestral power in order to remain free of this curse. The power of our ancestors, gifted by my Goddess, formed a shield between the Blessed and necromancy.

This will be the only explanation or communication that I shall deign to give you on this subject. As a Queen, my first and last duty is to protect my people. I give you this information in honor of The Raven's commitment to the spread of true knowledge. I did indeed recently capture and question a necromancer, who was released into the custody of the Crown. I refuse to discuss matters related to the Court with commoners. Anyone who wishes to have further discussion with me or my husband on this matter should approach on the field.
Baroness Keira al'Lathandre, Baroness Von Garren
Queen Consort of Sarum
Crown Princess of Accolon
Foreign Minister of the Northern Kingdoms
High Priestess of The Raven
Knight of the Realm of Darkon

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-04-08

The witch is most eloquent in her ability to speak down to those she considers to be lesser than her, but beyond this fact she has only given truth to Sir Jared's claims! Her "Goddess" has seen fit to grant her the gift of raising ghastly apparitions of her fallen supplicants who obey her each and every command. They serve her purpose and denial of this is asinine.

These beasts she created were the most powerful of the undead to assail the realm, casting vile curses that effected many with each incantation. Later on in the second day of battle a contingent of giant slayers had to be deployed to deal with several magically enlarged banshees who followed the commands of The Witch. The undead are an abomination against the will of Mighty Khorne. Her fell creatures do not spill blood upon their death, they simply fall and rise again.

Her treasonous commentary against the king and his throne only serve as fuel to the flames of war she brings to the realm with her necromancer soldiers. The realm must be cleansed! We shall cleanse it!
Knight of Ched Nasad

Steward of NorthHold

Post by Karma » 2012-04-09

Magister Iltztafein, we should speak in private. Soon.

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-04-09

Dame Kiera speaks the truth. I was fortunate enough to receive this blessing from her at the time you are referring to and, being familiar with the process of being turned into one of the undead having narrowly escaped that accursed fate once before in the past, I was thankful for it albeit a tad apprehensive about the consequences.

I was apparently felled by a Ched Nasad soldier or one of their allies after they finally succeeded in breaching our camp and that blessing allowed my mind and soul to stay intact and not be lost to the void as one would expect. This was not necromancy by any means, I know divine intervention when I see it. I perform the miracle of resurrection often and am intimately familiar with divine power.

That being said, I reserve judgement on the matter until actual facts can be gathered. I am a man of faith, but also of reason and fact and I do not jump to conclusions quickly. This flinging of insults based on misunderstandings and wild accusations serves only to swell the undead's numbers by prompting pointless bloodshed. As a holy man I would feel suspicion also had I not experienced this blessing first hand. It is as effective a deterrent to the undead problem as smashing their skulls with my blessed hammer or smiting them with the fury of the sun's holy fire.
Last edited by Ogre Solaris on 2012-04-09, edited 1 time in total.
- Ogre Solaris, cleric of Kindred. CB
Kindred Brewmaster
Worshipper of Helios, God of the Sun
http://www.darkon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ogre_Solaris

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-04-09

Hmmm so we have someone admitting that Dame Keira turned him into an undead creature, albeit it one of the intelligent kind?

Very interersting...

Ogre Solaris
Darkonian

Post by Ogre Solaris » 2012-04-09

I admit that I was saved from whatever horrible fate awaited me had that blessing not intervened, yes. Did she raise me as undead? Not actively, no.

What the gods choose to do through their chosen ones is not for mortals to judge. If her Raven Goddess saw fit to shield those of us blessed by the priestess from our fate as possible zombies or skeletons at the hands of whatever evil is causing this plague, then I thank her for that. Kindred's gods chose a different approach, we heard tell of other boons from different gods that were also beneficial to those blessed by them. I think we should give thanks for their protection first and foremost and not start a witch hunt for those who are the instruments of the gods' will.
- Ogre Solaris, cleric of Kindred. CB
Kindred Brewmaster
Worshipper of Helios, God of the Sun
http://www.darkon.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ogre_Solaris

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-04-09

To use her gods gift to raised the fallen as undead monsters was absolutely an active choice each and every time she performed it. She was hungry for power and needed the support of fell creatures, even at the expense of transforming her own people into such things.
Knight of Ched Nasad

Steward of NorthHold

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-04-09

Lord Dubh wrote:The Royal Court is unaware of the identify of this "Sir Jared" or the order of which he speaks.

Any information found out about this Order or the necromancers or any who raise the dead against Darkon should report it to an official of the Court.

M'lord, Sir Jared is the man I reported to you about several months ago. He was questioning myself and others about the events of Tarimstadt - the undead attack.

I have not seen him since then, but I will do my best to point him out to you if I do see him again.

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-04-09

As a cleric, I believe she had the option to raise them back to life, but instead chose to turn them into undead.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Alzarahn
Darkonian

Post by Alzarahn » 2012-04-09

I rarely make my voice heard, I am but a simple Shepard of no lofty position in the realm. I serve my country to the best of my ability, and represent only myself, nothing more... But to see so many throwing dirt on the name of the great Northern Kingdoms, I cannot stand idly by. This has compelled me to speak.

I myself received the blessing of Dame Keira, and I can tell you that this was no act of dark necromancy. I remained of sound mind, true heart and spirit. I did not hunger for the flesh of the living. This was a holy boon, a blessing staving off the ravages of the unholy curse that has been lain upon Darkon. If any taint remained upon us at all, it was not by Dame Keira's hand, it was the lingering traces of the dark curse held in check by the Raven Goddess.

However, I do not see this explanation serving to appease anyone. I see needless pandering and positioning, the politicians of the Realm, conspiring. Many of you will seek to be our enemy no matter the cause, so then why not declare it? Why hide behind false motives, if all you desire is blood? If this is the way your countries act in a crisis of the realm, searching for witches to burn and scapegoats to blame, then I feel pity for your citizenry.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-04-09

Alzarahn wrote:If this is the way your countries act in a crisis of the realm, searching for witches to burn and scapegoats to blame, then I feel pity for your citizenry.

I do seek witches to burn, yes. That is my royal duty.

Whether the magic that was used recently was evil or not (and the jury is definitely still out on that one - though I did enjoy Dame Keira's explanations) doesn't matter. The question, for me is always, "Could it harm HRM or those in his service?" The answer, to that, as I understand it is "yes" (to the latter portion). I have been told that the creatures she helped create fought against members of the King's guard on several occasions. While not a direct attack on HRM, it is an attack on those in his service, and that is the sole reason this inquisition exists. There is no political pandering, or conspiring - simply a fact-finding mission to expedite the removal of the foul creatures that plague or land and to get to the bottom of where they came from and if people we know have anything to do with it.

You may politically pander now, though, by acting like it's all one big conspiracy and somebody is out to get members of your nation.

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-04-09

His logic is true. Also something to think about... witches are usually the first to decry a witch hunt.

PadreCaedes
Darkonian

Post by PadreCaedes » 2012-04-09

If these were not truly creatures born of undeath and evil, may anyone explain the aversion of these beasts to blessed weapons?
Knight of Ched Nasad

Steward of NorthHold

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2012-04-09

The question, for me is always, "Could it harm HRM or those in his service?" The answer, to that, as I understand it is "yes"

By this "black and white" interpretation, Healing a wounded soldier, hailing from a disfavored (royally) nation could be construed as a crime.

" I have been told that the creatures she helped create fought against members of the King's guard on several occasions."
I can attest to only one instance, and the guard was sieging my camp, while the High Priest of the King was present. I will defend my house with any means necessary. I emplore heretics to do the same.

Furthermore, Padre Caedes, I would make as much noise as possible also to detract from the defiling of holy weapons which you saw fit to execute rampantly.

Finally on this matter, yes, a boon was granted (by a Goddess) to allow our citizenry to avoid a mindless undead rebirth. Which would you rather? become a drooling flesh-eater, or retain your mind and defend your people? Please, at least be honest with yourself, if you cannot do so publicly.

Let it be known that any who would seek to harm Dame Keira, you will not touch her. I will crush you where you stand, and should you be lucky or skilled enough to overtake me, Gods have mercy on you, for the Kingdoms WILL NOT. If you wish only answers from the Lady, she will give them willingly, or not at all. Magister, make yourself available to me at the next gathering, and you may ask your questions, if the King does not remove your head, or any other who would defile the name of a Noble in public with no evidence, first.

The first known attack of the undead came from Tarimstradt, and no evidence has come forth. A professed necromance walks the realm, and naturally, the finger points to one of the highest skilled priestesses in the history of the realm, and a Noblewoman at that. Bravo. Am I a necromancer next?

Think further, before you speak, it would be prudent.

Regards,
Pope Faleris I
HIgh Priest to HRMSM

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-04-09

Members of the Kings household will NOT decry each other in public. You bring shame on HRM and your own heads for doing so. Consider this your one warning.

As Lord Chamberlain I am unaware of any laws against necromancy, and part of my duty is the law. The investigation of the creation of banshee's is to determine if they are part of this plague and if the creator is an accomplice to those who bring the plague. What brings greater concern is that this Lady also speaks against Slindar in the open. So you can see how some would worry that her necromantic actions are a threat, even if not illegal. Lucius Crum is a known necromancer, but he has not intimated a desire to remove HRM Slindar from the throne.

The Royal Magister is commissioned to investigate this necromancy simply because until now, it was seen as an arcane work and his field is the arcane. The divine is the expertise of the Royal Chaplain so it may come to pass that he shall be the one that leads the investigation, at this time that is not the case. All of this is in a report that I will provide HRM and he will make all final determinations now that he has recovered enough from his injury.
Master Thief of Darkon

____

Pope Faleris I

Post by Pope Faleris I » 2012-04-09

Yes, forgive my imprudence, at the defense of the Lady. I did not mean to befoul the Magister, as he is performing his duties, but those who would fan the flames of panic and terror that are overtaking the citizenry of the realm at large.
I await instruction from Tarimstradt as to engage an inquisition, or no.
It is most excellent to hear His Majesty is recovered, I look forward to seeing him again.