In light of the Crown War....

For character narratives and in-character announcements. Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Forum rules
Moderators will be liberal in the removal of OOC posts and comments. Do not 'god mode' in the forums, if you can't do it on the field you can't do it here.
Thrush Svartehjertet

Re: In light of the Crown War....

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-10-31

Hahahahaahhaahaha.

That is all.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
Order of the Raven (Arts)
Order of the Mask (Fighter) 2012, 2013
Order of the Stag (Service to the Game)
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-10-31

As I have said before. Downsword is weak. If anyone uses it against me, they will be crushed.

(come get some :p)
Last edited by Anonymous on 2012-11-06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for OOC content by MOD_quasar
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~
~"Winning is teaching, losing is learning"~

mardux zulammar

Post by mardux zulammar » 2012-10-31

I'll fight you downsword Tyriel. We'll see who walks away and who tastes like roasted chicken.
~Member of the Northern Kingdoms
~Phoenix Company, Head of Artillery and Ranged
~Squire to Baron Tyriel Firebrand
~ (Ex)Head Spell Marshal
~Relics Marshal 2013-2014

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-10-31

I don't count fireballs in my K/D ratio.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Post by Amazing_Iltztafein » 2012-11-01

Arion_Lightseeker wrote:This man, no different than I, other than noble title and armor (and whose skill with a sword is not to be taken lightly) demands loyalty or he will destroy my home.
I challenge any Darkonnian, be it Noble or Nomad, Oath or Country, to which decision would be greater.

Lowly nomad, indeed... Lowly in the mind.

How does one "Destroy the home" of a "nomad"?

Simply keep moving on and he will never keep up with your tent or caravan - if you even have that. If you are truly a nomad, wandering from land to land, then you have no home. Was this simply an attempt at emotional appeal?
The Amazing Iltztafein of House Dubh - CB
Let me show you a magic trick...
I'll make your money... DISAPPEAR!

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-11-01

I will agree. I tend to not treat with those which I cannot invade.

I think that at some point, (obviously in the "surface world dialect") the word "traitor" came mean something else. For why is it that these folk consistantly believe that those who break their bonds of service, and rise against their Lord deserve praise and reward? My people have and always will reward betrayal with enmity and death. I will admit though, I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to such things.

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-11-01

Lord Valfryn wrote:I will agree. I tend to not treat with those which I cannot invade.

I think that at some point, (obviously in the "surface world dialect") the word "traitor" came mean something else. For why is it that these folk consistantly believe that those who break their bonds of service, and rise against their Lord deserve praise and reward? My people have and always will reward betrayal with enmity and death. I will admit though, I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to such things.

The surface world might be a bit more complex then your world. When two oaths given, years apart, suddenly come in conflict with one another, what do you do then? Had one of yours sworn to his general and his King, and they end up in conflict, where then do you stand?

This is where many have found themselves, myself included. The world is not always black and white. Hard choices have to be made, and I for one would not choose to call one traitor for honoring and oath that forced the breaking of another.

So close to the end of words and the start of bloodshed. It can not come soon enough.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2012-11-01

Perhaps then Prince Andrick, you should have spoken less words in your life. Breaking a most recent oath and now speaking very loudly with actions and quite softly with your voice from hence forth. You have known for a long time of Prince Cailen's course of action as he made it very clear for some time. Still you sat quietly reaping your rewards from HRM. You would stay at both sides striking when the time was right. These are actions closely relevant of an assassin more than a noble lord. Or now a Prince...
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Arion_Lightseeker

Post by Arion_Lightseeker » 2012-11-01

It has become clear the decisive line is those that support reigning King Slindar are pompous and arrogant fools, quick to wit and sharp of tongue. May this battle will all see their own form of justice.

I never swore an Oath to King Slindar. Neither did the half dozen nomads who have followed me into the Realm.
I believe we never shall.

My nomadic tent is pitched within the Elidorian borders. There it will stay. King Alfred asked me to give no Oath, no Term of Service, no firstborn child to a cause. All in all, only a personal oath, which only I can honor.
I will fight....I will die....the Light will grant me strength and life.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

People with internal struggles, I do not feel for you. This is why I have almost always avoided making oaths, and now only have given one oath. If I only have one, there is no chance of breaking another and thus no conflict.

fingers630
Knight of the Realm

Post by fingers630 » 2012-11-01

Kai Firebrand wrote:Perhaps then Prince Andrick, you should have spoken less words in your life. Breaking a most recent oath and now speaking very loudly with actions and quite softly with your voice from hence forth. You have known for a long time of Prince Cailen's course of action as he made it very clear for some time. Still you sat quietly reaping your rewards from HRM. You would stay at both sides striking when the time was right. These are actions closely relevant of an assassin more than a noble lord. Or now a Prince...

Did you make no such oath to the Noble you serve Squire? I do not see her on His Majesty's side in this conflict.

Glass houses and stones and all that such stuff.
Justicar Lucius Alexander Crum
Archmage of Elidor and Lord of the Realm
Queen of the Silly People

Kai Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Kai Firebrand » 2012-11-01

I made no such oath to fight with Dame Keira for this battle, We knew of the up coming events for many months and discussed it openly. Any other relevant information I can enlighten you on? Or would you care to question the honor of M'lady and I some more?
Master Kai Mortisius Firebrand (KMF)
SwordSlinger of No Quarter!
Knight of Tuesday
Warriors Guild Member
Knight of the Realm
Order of the Sword (OS)
Order of the Griffon (OG)
Spring Tournament '12 Grand Champion

Lord Dubh
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Dubh » 2012-11-01

Half-truths and misgivings abound and it is sad so many choose to use such to hide the truth.

The Truth is, High King Slindar did not ask any to give an Oath. If anyone gave him one it was of their own doing. All he expected was respect and loyalty for gifts given.

This war is not about Justice vs Tyranny. Darkon has no concept of what a tyrant would do. It is about men who have dreamed of being King of Darkon since the inception of nobility in the realm. No matter who wins this war...it is one that we will fight annually if not more in the coming years.

In service of the Throne
Sir Bendore Dubh of Dai-Dagan, CR, KR, OG, OR, CB, CC
Master Thief of Darkon

____

http://www.facebook.com/SirBendoreDubh/

Lord Valfryn
Knight of the Realm

Post by Lord Valfryn » 2012-11-01

Arion_Lightseeker wrote:It has become clear the decisive line is those that support reigning King Slindar are pompous and arrogant fools, quick to wit and sharp of tongue. May this battle will all see their own form of justice.

I never swore an Oath to King Slindar. Neither did the half dozen nomads who have followed me into the Realm.
I believe we never shall.

Normally, I would take efforts to hinder those that would openly insult any Knight of the Realm. Perhaps it is a small blessing that your insignificance may spare you great troubles in the times to come.

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2012-11-01

Prince Andrick wrote:
Lord Valfryn wrote:The surface world might be a bit more complex then your world. When two oaths given, years apart, suddenly come in conflict with one another, what do you do then? Had one of yours sworn to his general and his King, and they end up in conflict, where then do you stand?

It seems to me that Prince Cailen's desire to be King has escaped no one's notice. I have been told firsthand by a Noble not even in Elidor that allegiance was sworn to Prince Cailen some six months prior. Surely those closest to him were given even more insight. I would not want to believe there was deception involved.

However, that aside, must it be an issue for all of Elidor? War was not declared on the country, no member was assassinated. Prince Cailen chose of his own accord to rise up against HRM Slindar, who has long been a friend of Elidor...this of course, besides Elidorians being in his Court.

Could not Elidor remain free to choose, with each individual fielding as he or she may...or not at all? With those who were serving on the King's Court not deserting him in a time of need?

Elidor has deliberately chosen on the whole to field against HRM, and I find myself puzzled as to why. When I used to be in Elidor, I do not remember having taken any oaths to back the individual ambitions of its members.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Prince Andrick
Knight of the Realm

Post by Prince Andrick » 2012-11-01

Kai Firebrand wrote:Perhaps then Prince Andrick, you should have spoken less words in your life. Breaking a most recent oath and now speaking very loudly with actions and quite softly with your voice from hence forth. You have known for a long time of Prince Cailen's course of action as he made it very clear for some time. Still you sat quietly reaping your rewards from HRM. You would stay at both sides striking when the time was right. These are actions closely relevant of an assassin more than a noble lord. Or now a Prince...

Know this squire, in all my time in this realm I have given oaths extremely rarely. Once to Thor, once to Elidor and each of it's kings (2) and in turn to each of the High Kings. I'd hardly call that many. You have made an enemy you do not want in your implication that I in any way would resemble anything to do with a lowly assassin. I have said it before and I will say it again: I knew of Cailen's desire for the throne for years, but I did not know of his intention to declare a Crown War until AFTER he lost in the ring. Believe what you will, but by my devotion to Thor I swear this to be true. When I discovered his plan, I did everything I could to dissuade him from this course of action.

I accepted what I did from HRM without knowing what was to come. If HRM wishes it and does not believe the service I gave his court prior to this point warranted the elevation, I will renounce it. I leave that to HRM.

Do not presume to lecture me on honor whelp. I have been serving the realm and my nation with honor long before you were cut free from your mothers apron strings. Think carefully on your next words, for I assure you I will not speak on this to you again, but I will certainly act as you suggest.
Prince Andrick VanDahl KR, OSW, OR, OD, CM, CC
High Priest of Thor
Elidorian Minister of War
Field Marshal
President 2013

Inox
Knight of the Realm

Post by Inox » 2012-11-01

Arion_Lightseeker wrote:It has become clear the decisive line is those that support reigning King Slindar are pompous and arrogant fools, quick to wit and sharp of tongue. May this battle will all see their own form of justice.

If you seek to mete out justice to me yourself, you had best bring the half-dozen friends of which you speak.
Prince Inox Elsonáge Thensiur
Swordslinger of No Quarter!
Warriors' Guild, OE, CCx8, CM(Warrior Mage)
Beast of BABALON

Thrush Svartehjertet

Post by Thrush Svartehjertet » 2012-11-01

Watch your mouth when grown men speak. It has become clear to me that you are a twat, and will die under our boots while listening to our sharp tongues. We'll send you to "seek light" in the afterlife.

Thrush
berserk
Warriors Guild
"I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet

I would have to take a little issue with your words here, friend. I have known Andrick a long time, and I do not envy his current position one bit. I know him to be a good man, of good upbringing and devotion to Thor and our other gods. He has many times since Cailen made his usurping attempts known to the realm, openly questioned the value in this move. He took his position at the side of the King to help ensure the safety of his people, standing loyally at the King's side ensured he could call upon us if his people needed help. He would be aprised of wars throughout the world and be able to make choices best suited to keep his nation safe, it was a wise and noble post to hold. You may not know about our religion, but Thor is the protector of all men, and as a faithful servant, Andrick will always do what he can to protect those dear to him.

This brings me to Cailen. His people had friends working for the Crown of Darkon, they were safe, and in His Majesty's good graces. Elidor has always stood for what is right, if a little lazy, in the realm. So now in a grab at power he has not only hired every blade he can under the banner of Elidor, but has brought HIS PEOPLE to the brink of war with the Crown and it's supporters, including me. Where before they were safe and sound, with Andrick looking out for their good fortune from the King's side...

Well done Cailen, well done. I am done speaking to twats and usurpers.

The war is upon us.

I will inflict violence on my enemies the likes of which they have never seen.

You all have my word, it will rain blood on Sunday.

Thrush Svartehjertet
berserk
Warriors Guild

HRH Malkin
Knight of the Realm

Post by HRH Malkin » 2012-11-01

As you all struggle to find reason to validate your choice to wage war upon His Majesty... it should become increasingly clear that your "reason" has nothing to do with your true motive.

One man finds offense that a King would speak of crushing those who would dare wage war upon him. Some try to use the arrogance of of those, with obvious skill, as a reason to wage war. One man states the King's mandates are not to his liking, but in the same breath says his eye has always been upon the throne.

All of you, who give these veiled excuses, dishonor yourselves with the transparency of it. Quite franlky most of this blather is disgusting to read.

A few I respect at least in the fact that you make no bones as to the true reason you wage war, but most of you, however, need to cup your crotch and check to see if you still have any balls down there. You do this because you want what is not yours; you think you can take what is not yours, so you choose make such attempts.

Many of you speak of bringing light to the realm, of vows, of honor, of goodness, and leasership... but it is your baser instinct that drives you. You want that darker-power that comes by taking something with force, you wish to fight because life has wronged you in some way and you want someone...anyone... to pay for your current position, you would turn vows of freindship to something fleeting and trivial and hide behind the word honor, you would sacrifice the blood of those who were never your enemy to take what they have. The veil is transparent, your motives obvious and the fact that your fear to admit it... even more despicable than the act itself.

Cailen is a coward. Not only because he would use his friends to attack other friends, but because he would use concocted reasons to do that wich he has planned to do for as many years as I have known him. He cannot admit this simple fact: Slindar, Keldar, Tarim... it would matter not who is currently sitting on the throne. Cailen wants to be King and has decided to make attempts to take it from the rightful King: good-king, bad-king, friend... foe, it matters not... he has chosen this time to make a play for the crown and as such he has used his position to turn friend on friend. So be it.

The King's men will meet your flippant lust with steadfast resolve and in the end, regardless of outcome, we shall all see what "good" this deed actually brings to the realm. And make no misatke: as to the aftermath, all who fight against me and my King are my enemy.

Sincerely,
HRH - Prince Malkin Campbell

Sir Tyriel Firebrand
Knight of the Realm

Post by Sir Tyriel Firebrand » 2012-11-01

Well said your Highness.
~No Quarter!~
~Warriors Guild~
~Knight of Tuesday~

Zodiac89

Post by Zodiac89 » 2012-11-01

Is it truly honorable and noble to remain loyal to a King who has failed to defend his realm? Any warrior who does not use their abilities, whether through combat or otherwise, to defend others less capable of doing so themselves, is nothing more than a base ruffian worthy of naught but contempt.

The battle is nigh upon us now, and Thrush is certainly right about one matter: Blood will indeed be flowing. And should for whatever reason Prince Cailen be dishonest about his true motives for declaring this Crown War, the realm will be watching, and will no doubt find itself in the midst of another Crown War in just a scant handful of months.
Barknell: Druid, observing the realm, beholding the beauty of Mother Nature.
Every rose has its thorns, every book, a story.

Never suffer Betrayal.

Amazing_Iltztafein
Darkonian

Zodiac89 wrote:Is it truly honorable and noble to remain loyal to a King who has failed to defend his realm?

You keep saying this, but yet offer no substantiation of your claim.

When did our most honorable HRM Slindar fail to defend his realm?

By your own admission, you have not even been around the realm for a long time, so how would you know this? Why accuse a man of something on such a large scale when there was absolutely no possibility of you witnessing it? And why accuse someone without proof?

Thrush Svartehjertet

I recommended highly not shortening your name to Zod. I will personally make your life hell if you take the name of my younger brother, Zod Svartehjertet. Stick to Zodiac, then I'll only have 1 reason to kill you.

Thrush
berserk
Last edited by Anonymous on 2012-11-06, edited 3 times in total.
Warriors Guild

Zodiac89

Post by Zodiac89 » 2012-11-01

The tales of HRM Slindar's defense, or perhaps I should say lack thereof, against the undead are widespread throughout the realm. Even a far wandering (any time I wish to brush up on the current happenings, I speak with my friends) nomad like myself cannot go more than a day without hearing at least half a dozen of them from any fellow traveler I encounter, nor innkeeps whose establishments I visit when resting from my travels.

(no worries Thrush, I won't be stealing anyone's name. Wouldn't want to piss off the guy who's going to single-handedly win the Crown War for HRM Slindar anymore than I need to, aside from deciding to side with Prince Cailen.)
Last edited by Anonymous on 2012-11-06, edited 1 time in total.
Barknell: Druid, observing the realm, beholding the beauty of Mother Nature.
Every rose has its thorns, every book, a story.

Never suffer Betrayal.